Lee wants to sit in courtroom during trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I was quite surprised that the SA didn't put LA up on the stand immediately after GA had testified. I suppose they may have their reasons but until he gets up there it's difficult to really know what he will say or do. I suppose the fact that he now has the same lawyer as the A's might be telling...

moo
BBM

It appears to be a clue that his testimony may not help Casey's defense.

MOO

An update to my Justice for Caylee FB page where Mr. Lippman has posted. Earlier this afternoon, I had posted on my wall that rumor had it that Mr. Lippman filed a motion on behalf of Lee. He responded that it wasn't a rumor and that it would be heard at 8:30 in the morning. I further asked him if he felt as if Judge Perry would rule in favor of Lee and he then responded that actually Lee has more of a right to be there than the parents based on being closer in relation.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that tidbit of information. It seems as if Mr. Lippman feels fairly confident that Judge Perry will rule in Lee's favor.

Again, if anyone needs to verify for themselves, here is the link to my Justice for Caylee FB and Lippman Law Offices.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Caylee/105868286169474

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002385081924&sk=wall

An update to my Justice for Caylee FB page where Mr. Lippman has posted. Earlier this afternoon, I had posted on my wall that rumor had it that Mr. Lippman filed a motion on behalf of Lee. He responded that it wasn't a rumor and that it would be heard at 8:30 in the morning. I further asked him if he felt as if Judge Perry would rule in favor of Lee and he then responded that actually Lee has more of a right to be there than the parents based on being closer in relation.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that tidbit of information. It seems as if Mr. Lippman feels fairly confident that Judge Perry will rule in Lee's favor.

Again, if anyone needs to verify for themselves, here is the link to my Justice for Caylee FB and Lippman Law Offices.

Interesting...I guess genetically, being KC's brother, he is more closely next-of-kin to Caylee than the Grandparents.

Thanks for sharing.

moo

BBM

Color me confused. What the heck does that mean? How can he be closer in relation to her when they both share the same parents. Sorry that's sounds crazy to me. Can someone splain please.

ETA: are we talking about closer to Caylee or ICA?

BBM

Color me confused. What the heck does that mean? How can he be closer in relation to her when they both share the same parents. Sorry that's sounds crazy to me. Can someone splain please.

That through me for a loop too. I looked it up and this seems to be the order of next of kin:
Children
Parents
Grandchildren
Siblings
Grandparent
Great-Grandchild
Niece/Nephew
Aunt/Uncle
Great Grandparent
Great Niece/Great Nephew
Great-Great Grandchild
First Cousin
Great Aunt/Great Uncle
Great-Great Grandparent
Great-Great Grandchild
Great-Grandnephews/nieces
First Cousins Once Removed (the children of first cousins and descendants of Grandparents)
First Cousins Once Removed (the descendants of Great-Grandparents)
Great-Grand Uncles/Aunts
Great-Great-Great Grandchild
Great-Great-Great Grandparent
First Cousin Twice Removed (the descendants of Grandparents)
Second Cousin
First Cousin Twice Removed (the descendant of Great-Great Grandparent)

Sorry I hit submit too quick. I still don't understand as it looks like grandparents are higher on the list then uncle and parents are higher than siblings. Please explain, I'm so confused. TIA

WHAT????? Closer to Caylee than grandparents?? It's already been determined by DNA that Lee isn't Caylee's father, right?

Blood related.

Lee and Casey have closer DNA....as they share parents. So then Lee would be closer in blood line to Caylee.

Alright, let me see if I can explain why he said this. The defense has objected to the motion to allow Lee to be present in the courtroom just as they did with Cindy and George. What Mr. Lippman is saying is that since Judge Perry ruled in favor of allowing Cindy and George to attend, that he should rule in favor of Lee because the parents are closer in relation to Casey (since she is the defendent) than Lee is by being her brother.

Does that make sense? It does to me when you are looking at it from a legal standpoint.

~jmo~

I agree with Mr. Lippman. Lee should be allowed. He can watch it on TV so what's the difference right? Plus I think it would do ICA good to see her Mom, Dad and Brother sitting side by side. We only thought her melt-down was bad on Friday ... just wait until she get's a load of the family that sit's in support of each other. She will flip unless she got some really good counsel over the weekend.
I just hope Lee takes Cindy's cue and doesn't look at her.

I agree with Mr. Lippman. Lee should be allowed. He can watch it on TV so what's the difference right? Plus I think it would do ICA good to see her Mom, Dad and Brother sitting side by side. We only thought her melt-down was bad on Friday ... just wait until she get's a load of the family that sit's in support of each other. She will flip unless she got some really good counsel over the weekend.
I just hope Lee takes Cindy's cue and doesn't look at her.

I'm hoping he takes up where he left off as he left the stand the last time he testified.Lee was very relaxed with the SA's at that hearing and as he walked past ICA ,leaving the stand,it seems he said "Good Luck" sarcastically.

I want him to look her again ,as he walks out and say, "mom's making me chili tonight."

I am so wondering why it is a big deal that Lee is in there now as he didnt go at all before, only when he was testifying. So WHY NOW?

I am so wondering why it is a big deal that Lee is in there now as he didnt go at all before, only when he was testifying. So WHY NOW?

Maybe since he saw his father, mother and fiance' take the stand and shed tears for Caylee? Makes sense that he might want to be there to provide some comfort. imo.

I'm hoping he takes up where he left off as he left the stand the last time he testified.Lee was very relaxed with the SA's at that hearing and as he walked past ICA ,leaving the stand,it seems he said "Good Luck" sarcastically.

I want him to look her again ,as he walks out and say, "mom's making me chili tonight."

:silly: And with that I'm dragging this tired old body to bed :eek:fftobed: - refreshing to read the recents post in this thread - just wandered through some others where :bigfight: - well you get it!

Thanks for the chuckle - nice to leave the site with a smile on my face!

If I were accused of what Lee, always supportive, I will always have your back, is - I would want to be there too. I would want to make ICA and the DT do this right in front of me. Oh yeah, I get it. I would feel exactly the same.

:silly:

Ok....I can go to bed now, smiling!

If you notice JB asked Mallory,how Caylee reacted to KC,not how did KC act toward Caylee.Amazing can mean many things,and even abused children seem "amazing" in their apparent devotion towards their parents.

Agreed. Mallorys response is a pretty loaded one. It can be taken in different ways. It would seem "amazing" to see a little girl in total awe of her young mother and then later know she murdered her daughter. I would find it amazing too.

What I don't get is why didn't he make the request earlier, before the trial started? What made him suddenly want to be there? His mother testifying?
I'm still not exactly sure which side he will be on. Given MPs testimony that seemed to help the defense I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him on the defense side. After all, doesn't he believe everything his sister says? Maybe he believes that he snuck into her room and tried to feel her up and blocked it out, too? Maybe LA has something from his childhood that he has to block out as well.
[insert sarcastic tone here in case anyone thinks I am serious]

Lee stayed in court while Mallory was testifying, so I guessed that he already had permission but just was not choosing to use it all the time.

In this case I think it is GOOD for the Anthony's to be in there. I think they need to know everything to come to terms with the situation. That includes Lee and maybe he realizes that.

I am guessing this will be ruled on before court starts in the morning?

They are saying that law enforcement is supposed to testify after Cindy tomorrow... (Yuri Melich anybody??) I'm having a hard time believing there will be time. Hopefully Cindy won't be on the stand all day but I was kind of guessing she would be, like George.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28074159/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member