Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

Well, any of the ones I come in contact with know. lol And they tell two friends, and they tell two friends...

Okay peeps ... just in case we get our wish, round up every criminal you've ever met and spread the good word !!

Had he been charged with rioting or highjacking or such, then I could see that the history of child *advertiser censored* and deviant behaviour would not be relevant, but to think that what was withheld was such a critical component that related to the charges at hand ... IMO that is a total miscarriage of justice.

I totally agree with you!!! This goes to motive IMO, I can't for the life of me understand why the judge ruled as he did. Wouldn't this be grounds for an appeal by the Crown if the jury finds him not guilty?

pleeeeesssseeee millhaven paint his room barney purple!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOO

Okay peeps ... just in case we get our wish, round up every criminal you've ever met and spread the good word !!

lol SB! I meant guards not criminals! lol But now that you mention it there's lots of them around here too!

Aww hugs to you Dear. :( I have been pray from day one. Worse then anyone could have imagined. Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Stay positive Dear WS friends. MOO

I can't even express in words how upset I am. Been crying all night! How could this happen?!?!? It is much worse then I ever expected. I am so distraught by this. Everyone pray that the jury makes the right decision!

k....it is a good idea....but..um...i don't know any criminals..not even one :O(

MOO

ummm...Judge Heeney do you have children?
Dirk, do you have children?
are they girls?
Honestly, if I was either of your wife right now, you'd be sleeping on the couch after today news!

I can't remember who posted this thought in the other trial thread, but it went something like some posters just get caught up with the minute details well, somewhere along the line someone really dropped the ball here and got caught up in minute details. Where did good old common sense go???
There had to be a better way to deal with the search warrant issue than the way it was handled.

It will be interesting to see what kind of public outcry there will be and what the response will be.

I totally agree with you!!! This goes to motive IMO, I can't for the life of me understand why the judge ruled as he did. Wouldn't this be grounds for an appeal by the Crown if the jury finds him not guilty?

Max, I'm thinking the Crown will be on this like cheese on pizza (and probably have been preparing all along, just in case)

Am trying to recall within the last year or so, there was verdict handed down (may have even been out here in BC), where it was felt that the verdict was so unjust that the Solicitor General's office ordered a new trial.

Aww hugs to you Dear. :( I have been pray from day one. Worse then anyone could have imagined. Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Stay positive Dear WS friends. MOO

You're such a sweetie Swedie, I hope you are right but I have a bit of a sick feeling.

ummm...Judge Heeney do you have children?
Dirk, do you have children?
are they girls?
Honestly, if I was either of your wife right now, you'd be sleeping on the couch after today news!

I can't remember who posted this thought in the other trial thread, but it went something like some posters just get caught up with the minute details well, somewhere along the line someone really dropped the ball here and got caught up in minute details. Where did good old common sense go???
There had to be a better way to deal with the search warrant issue than the way it was handled.

It will be interesting to see what kind of public outcry there will be and what the response will be.

i believe it was Tahorn. MOO

Also, maybe, hopefully ... what i said earlier about the search & seizure laws taht were in effect at the time, Crown may go forward with an Appeal on the grounds that Judge Heeney made an error in law related to the warrant.

For some reason, the more i think, the more i'm starting to feel hopeful that something can/will be done in the event of NG.

He asks "what happens to all my friends?". What a sick *advertiser censored*. Does not even care about the little girl he killed but about his social life.

Pffft I don't think he had any friends in all seriousness. Acquaintances and duped women only. JMHO. We've never heard about any male friends in his life. Something very odd about that IMHO. AND the women he had in his life, all he did was use them and abuse them (sexually and mentally) Again MOO.

Also, maybe, hopefully ... what i said earlier about the search & seizure laws taht were in effect at the time, Crown may go forward with an Appeal on the grounds that Judge Heeney made an error in law related to the warrant.

For some reason, the more i think, the more i'm starting to feel hopeful that something can/will be done in the event of NG.

yes it sounds like something that could be grounds for appeal by crown. I just cannot ever see them letting him walk without turning over every stone. MOO

He asks "what happens to all my friends?". What a sick *advertiser censored*. Does not even care about the little girl he killed but about his social life.

He complains HE is hungry! He's cold, he's tired. He stikes me as very much a momma's boy ... no wonder he moved back home. Not that his crimes coincide with this comment --- but he is very immature for his age. MOO

Pffft I don't think he had any friends in all seriousness. Acquaintances and duped women only. JMHO. We've never heard about any male friends in his life. Something very odd about that IMHO. AND the women he had in his life, all he did was use them and abuse them (sexually and mentally) Again MOO.

guys tend to weed out those that don't fit, he was odd, and it was in his voice and the way he spoke and the types of things he said. MOO Also, let's face it, a man's man is working, they fix stuff, and have their own places. He was a loser. Most men would have no time of day for that. MOO

You're such a sweetie Swedie, I hope you are right but I have a bit of a sick feeling.

Hugs Max. I think that is from the disgusting info we are now privy to. I feel ill too. STAY AND THINK POSITIVE PLEASE!! <3

OMG all he does is whine. Can you imagine that in jail.

I'm not much of a praying girl myself, well not more than an OMG here and there, but tonight,
"now I lay me down to sleep, jury justice thus to keep"
Amen

Night folks, and thanks again for all the tweeters/news keepers/
Somehow I feel like we're also sequestered in our own support system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick
Back