Legal Q&A for Rhornsby #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately I live in Canada, so the defense probably won't come after me. But, if for any reason I have to do my laundry at the laundromat instead of here, I double bag it and then place it in a large plastic bag with handles so it is easier to carry. The last time I did that it weighed 41 lbs on the intake scale. So I agree, it was about hiding and carrying. My question is with respect, can you really see George doing this? He seems the most unstable, unfocused one of them all - can you really picture him bagging Caylee? I know I'm making a leap at your inference at " a person with law enforcement".

Counselor (young grasshopper), you're a real treat, and a superbly principled treat to boot.

(Tip of my hat ... BTW ... If you were defending Casey, would a former bounty hunter qualify as having law enforcement experience? Though I suspect you have another person in mind.)
As for the order of the bags, I defer to all of you. I have not paid close enough attention.

But do this. Go grab a roll of duct tape, tear off three pieces, and place them on something.

Now ask yourself, if the FBI were to check those three pieces of duct tape six months from now, would the impressions from my fingertips still be present on the sticky side of the tape?

The answer is yes, and if you carried out my experiment, you would see your fingers touched the sticky part hundreds of time.

Fortunately I live in Canada, so the defense probably won't come after me. But, if for any reason I have to do my laundry at the laundromat instead of here, I double bag it and then place it in a large plastic bag with handles so it is easier to carry. The last time I did that it weighed 41 lbs on the intake scale. So I agree, it was about hiding and carrying. My question is with respect, can you really see George doing this? He seems the most unstable, unfocused one of them all - can you really picture him bagging Caylee? I know I'm making a leap at your inference at " a person with law enforcement".
I really have no idea, I have gone back and forth between who I thought it could be.

With respect - if I was a hobby girl like Casey, and was used to handling tape, or a hobby decorator like me - with a pair of scissors and the palm of my hand - no prints at all - guaranteed.

Meh...I respect your opinion, but

I'm a 5'7" 120lb woman and I've done all sorts of things involving couches, pianos, drunk friends (who were also leaking fluids), etc. Nothing superhuman about it, IMO. Only takes determination, and I think the motivation to hide a dead body would be pretty fortifying.

And Caylee was tiny.

JMO

Question: in case you missed it earlier, how would you argue the body in the car issue...A)body was never in car, or B)something else?

same here, except I'm 5'3". In my opinion no help was necessary .

With respect - if I was a hobby girl like Casey, and was used to handling tape, or a hobby decorator like me - with a pair of scissors and the palm of my hand - no prints at all - guaranteed.
Well here is where jury selection will be important, unless there is a petite woman or a hobby person on the jury - nobody would have any personal experience to provide during deliberations to quash those questions.

- 12 Angry Men

As for the order of the bags, I defer to all of you. I have not paid close enough attention.

But do this. Go grab a roll of duct tape, tear off three pieces, and place them on something.

Now ask yourself, if the FBI were to check those three pieces of duct tape six months from now, would the impressions from my fingertips still be present on the sticky side of the tape?

The answer is yes, and if you carried out my experiment, you would see your fingers touched the sticky part hundreds of time.

But in this experiment, is the tape placed on a body that later decomposes, goes through a hurricane, and then sits under water for months, to the point where the "sticky side" of the tape no longer exists?

Honestly, if I were bagging a body? I would wear glovessssssssssss man!:woohoo:

Oh, btw, I don't bag bodies lol.

I asked this before but did not see you respond
Mr. Hornsby,

This trial is slated to start sometime in 2010 from what I have read. my question first is do you think that will happen?

2nd question: do you think there may be the possiblity of the defense or prosecution seeking to get a plea deal on this case?

Thank you in advance.

One thing Casey said stands out to me.
"I don't know where Caylee is"

I believe she literally had no idea and if Caylee's death were accident ,Casey called someone for help and that person placed Caylee there.

ITA. I think Casey was being straight up truthful when she said she has "no idea where Caylee is".

And if I was Casey, and had taped my dad's gas can, I already know duct tape doesn't tear, and if you touch it, it doesn't stick as well.

Thank you for your reply and yes, I see what you are saying re the jury and a petite woman - but could the prosecution not so a small display to prove the point that it's actually a simple way to do it?

Are my hands bare or do I have gloves on?

ITA. I think Casey was being straight up truthful when she said she has "no idea where Caylee is".

I have been saying this (to myself) since I first heard KC on jail tapes. She just seemed very adamant about that every time she repeated it.

And I have had my own personal suspicions on the possibility that someone VERY close to KC may have done the dumping for her (and coincidentally, both share her last name).

I keep going back to the strange speech Lee gave at the memorial about "his promise", but also consider GA behavior....

I have been saying this (to myself) since I first heard KC on jail tapes. She just seemed very adamant about that every time she repeated it.

And I have had my own personal suspicions on the possibility that someone VERY close to KC may have done the dumping for her (and coincidentally, both share her last name).

I keep going back to the strange speech Lee gave at the memorial about "his promise", but also consider GA behavior....

Well, ya got me beat cuz I'm not convinced it was Casey who murdered Caylee.

Well, ya got me beat cuz I'm not convinced it was Casey who murdered Caylee.

I'm on the train with ya concerning the body disposal, but I am afraid we head off on different tracks on the whodunnit! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa