Lies Exposed: discuss the cross exam of Arias

BTW it really cracks me up that Juan keeps referring to "masterbatory conduct" -- I'm pretty sure that wasn't a word before Juan started his cross, but it is now!

BTW it really cracks me up that Juan keeps referring to "masterbatory conduct" -- I'm pretty sure that wasn't a word before Juan started his cross, but it is now!

Looks like two words to me. And Juan didn't invent either word.
However, after seeing one of the uncensored photos of Jodi's rear end, her last name could be referred to as "AiryAss". That's a new compound word I just invented. ;)

I think every talking head in this case has been told to use the word "minutia" as much as possible. I vote it the most over used word of the month. :blushing:

Could be getting her hair dyed. I've been wondering about this and where Juan may be going with it. The "brazilian" keeps coming back to me. She stated that she only got brazilians because Travis didn't like hair. She may be doing it herself but I know that salons do them too. I wonder if this is one of the lies he is going to debunk. If she wasn't intending to go see Travis that day, she wouldn't need a brazilian wax job. Could prove premeditation or at least that she would have to say that she got brazilians for herself and not for Travis. Which would also catch her in a lie. Wouldn't it be something if he could prove that she got a brazilian in Salinas?! After all, she hadn't seen Travis since April but in the June 4 pictures she is hairless. :sick:

Seemed to me that she looked uncomfortable on direct when the subject of the salon and getting her nails done came up. Of course I could have been misreading it. I'll have to go back and watch that again. Can't remember which day it was on though.
Perhaps Martinez can hit a trifecta with this one, although I am not sure how having her hair colored at a salon could aid the prosecution in the theory of her trying to disguise herself. It would seem more covert if she didn't have it done at the salon and later colored herself it en route to Arizona.

As for the Brazilian, that definitely could prove either 1) she was getting it done for Travis, proving she was intending to go see him or 2) if she was regularly having it done, which would go to her lying about doing it only for Travis.

Now as to a manicure, it would be huge if someone were to testify her finger was straight and thereby proving the injury did occur when she was murdering Travis.

MOO

I would love to know if there are some receipts from the "salon" she stopped to have a manicure . . . . especially after driving 10's of hours to get to multiple (1000) destinations to see before (he dies) and she returns home.

If I were to be getting a mani . . . it would not be in some random town that I just happened to pull over for a few hours. I would obtain one in the town and salon I knew or had been told about. Wonder if the Brazilian wax and a hair dye were sold to a walk-in customer that someone recognized right away and came forward to testify.

How does it look to the Mormon population for a church member to be getting a Brazilian bikini wax? Would that be something she might want to do in a random city where no one might recognize her?

The Jan 21 - 24th dates only hurt her more . . . not only do they prove she is lying about those dates - now make her alibi even more heinous to drag TA thru the mud after death. He has not been proven to be a pedophile - no child *advertiser censored* alleged. She keeps alleging TA had "issues" with masturbatory sexual deviancy . .. . .for which needed to provide him with Mental Health brochures to seek help.

She admits she had access to mental health pamphlets to know how to access services for herself when she was stalking, tire slashing, window peeping, threatening, planning to do a drive-by shooting/slashing/stabbing, setting up her alibi, borrowing gas cans, waxing her neither regions, dying her hair, and keeping meticulous receipts - on her nearly 3000 mile trek to murder the man (who refused to call her his girlfriend).

I found it interesting that when she was reading the messages that SHE wrote in the magazine she sounded like she was struggling to read the words, as if they were not clear. I could see them fine. She sounded like someone learning to read that had to sound out the syllables. I thought that was funny for someone with such a vast vocabulary.

Ha. You're right. She read them like she was deciphering a foreign language. I think she was trying to pretend she had NEVER ever seen those writings before. She is such a phony. lol

Oh, and :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

Just because we haven't seen a receipt yet for the salon, doesn't mean the state doesn't have one. I can't remember if they said that the receipts that they showed were all of the receipts in the box or not. I do feel certain they have more information about this though.

Looks like two words to me. And Juan didn't invent either word.
However, after seeing one of the uncensored photos of Jodi's rear end, her last name could be referred to as "AiryAss". That's a new compound word I just invented. ;)

Well, my spellcheck does not recognize the word "masterbatory" -- so I'm thinking this is a Juan creation. :lol:

my take on lies about the murder (thank you minor4th for the transcription!

**red is lie and my comments**

Jodi: I was taking pictures. I was probably a few feet from the shower so the water didn't get on the camera, and, um, I was showing him the photos and we were deleting some, and at one point when I went to delete the photos, as I moved the camera, it slipped out of my hand, and I went to -- it didn't fall right away, I kind of caught it, like a football, it bounced and I almost caught it, but I didn't catch it and it landed on the mat, and then it rolled onto the tile.

according to her it falls while in the deletion screen... big lie: as more pictures were taken after it "dropped" and if on the edit or deletion screen you are NOT in take a picture mode. Also you either caught it or you didn't: she says both here

Nurmi: Where were you when this took place, relative to the shower?

Jodi: I was crouched by the shower, I might have been on the mat or on the edge of the mat.

the mat is a sensitive point with her (it was highly pointed out in the forensic testimony that it had been moved on top of blood as blood was on both sides. Based on that I do not think she was ever on the mat and moved it overtop of the blood in front of the shower.

N: SO what happens after you drop the camera?

J: At that point, Travis flipped out again, and he stood up and he stepped out of the shower and he picked me up - I was crouching, but he lifted me up as he was screaming that I was a stupid idiot, and he "body slammed" me again on the tile. He told me that a five-year-old can hold a camera better than I can. As he was screaming at me there was spit coming out, or maybe it was water, but I was getting wet, and when I hit the tile, I rolled over on the side and started running down the hallway.

body slammed "again" where was the first one? Also there is no hallway to the closet.. it is right by the shower unless she means the FAR door which her later testimony contradicts
And I don't know why I didn't run out of the room. I ran into the closet because the door was open was my thought. Last time I ran down the hallway, he caught me before I got to the door, and that was another incident in the summer, so I guess I went in the closet.

she tripped up her own self here about the doors because she is trying to fit in the previous lie and make it gel with the current lie and both fail.

[long drawn out explanation of August 2007 incident that Jodi is mentioning for the first time ever -- not transcribed because it's boring and seems like it's made up for dramatic effect]
dramatic effect! yes.

Nurmi: Moving back to June 4, before we continue on this story, I want to talk to you about a couple of exhibits, the first being exhibit 160 .... was that a picture that you intentionally took

Jodi: No, it wasn't intentional. It got deleted.

yeah... like AFTER you took it not before! It is time stamped and would have happend AFTER your alleged body slam (which arias says happened while the camera was in DELETION MODE)

N: Looking at exhibit 161 (ceiling pic), was this a picture you intentionally took?

J: No, I didn't take that one.

of course you did Jodi.. but maybe it was accidental

N: Showing you exhibit number 159 (Travis' face in shower), to your recollection is that the last picture that you intentionally took of Travis Alexander?

J: I took it intentionally, I don't know what order they were in.

you sure do know the order: you have seen the discovery with your lawyers.

N: When he slammed you down onto the ground, after you dropped the camera, how do you feel?

J: I was scared. I was thinking "crap" because this - it's everything I was trying to avoid downstairs when he started getting mad. I was doing everything I could to avoid that, and I still didn't avoid it, I still screwed it up, and now he's pissed again. So he's freaking out, I'm freaking out. I rolled, like I said, I rolled off to my left and began to run down the hallway, and I could hear him following, I could hear his footsteps chasing me.

which hallway? the one that leads out of the bedroom? that is the only one and you just said you went in the open closet door.

N: Were you scared when he was chasing you?

J: Yeah, I didn't want him to grab me again

N: What were you scared that he would do?

J: Who knows? At that point he had already almost killed me. I wasn't thinking when he almost killed me before that I was gonna possibly die, I was just thinking I couldnt breathe, no air, that's all I could think of before I passed out, but it was later on I realized I could have died if he had just held on to my neck a little longer, so I didn't want that to happen, obviously, so I ran into the closet, and I slammed the door, and I intended to run through the opposite end of the door because it has another exit, and as soon as I got in there and began to run, I remembered where he kept a gun, so I grabbed it. I jumped up on the shelf. He kept it on the very top. I grabbed it and then I ran out the other door as he opening the door. And he ran, chasing me, and I turned around and pointed it at him so that he would stop chasing me

wow the bevy of lies above!!!:
1) but you DID say you came to realize he had tried to kill you before so you DID KNOW you could die if that were the case (re: why you didn't just RUN)
2) you run into the closet and slam the door... okay so you didn't run down the hall got it
3) so you start to run to the other door
4) premeditation: YOU DECIDE TO GO BACK AND GET A GUN. (by jumping up no less)
5) and THEN you say you start running to the OTHER DOOR by the main door and he opens the other door (didn't you just say he ran down the hall?)
6) so instead of running out the door he is NOT at you decide to point the gun at him??

N: Jodi, I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit number 70 (picture of closet), do you recognize that area?

J: Yes.

N: What is that?

J: His closet.

N: You said that you grabbed the gun from the closet. Can you point to us where the gun was?

J: It's not shown in this picture, but it's up at the very top - above that ...

N: Ok, then let me show you what's been entered as exhibit 69. Does this show the area from which you grabbed the gun?

J: Yes.

N: Would you point to that for us, Jodi?

J: It was up there in the corner, kind of right up there

N: You told us that you knew the gun was there. How did you know that?

J: I had known he had it. I found it one day when -- he used to give me projects when I would clean. Sometimes it was the floorboards, sometimes it was light fixtures, and this day it was the closet shelves. I had to pull everything off the shelves and dust it all, so I got onto the top shelf. There was -- I don't know if it was shown in that picture, but there's also a seat, so I moved the seat around to stand on it to get up there, and it was up there.

when did you load the gun? when did you move the seat back? (the seat was not moved in crime scene pictures).. just a bunch of lies

N: Ok, so you told us that you grabbed the gun, and got out through the closet, correct?

J: Yes

N: I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit 162 (picture of Travis bleeding). Jodi, look at that picture please. How do we get to that point in time? What happened between the time that you grabbed the gun...

J: I don't know how that picture was taken

N: I'm not asking you how the picture was taken, I'm asking you what happened in between the time you grabbed the gun and what we see here - what happened?

J: When I grabbed the gun, I ran out of the closet - he was chasing me. I turned around, we were in the middle of the bathroom, I pointed it at him with both of my hands. I thought that would stop him. If someone were pointing a gun at me, I would stop, but he just kept running - he got like a linebacker, he got kind of low and grabbed my waist, but before he did that, as he was lunging at me the gun went off. I didn't mean to shoot him or anything. I didn't even think I was holding the trigger. I just was pointing it at him, and I didn't even know that I shot him. It just went off and he lunged at me and we fell really hard against the tile toward the other wall, like kind of near the scales, or whatever those things are.

you cannot be pointing the gun at him and be chased at the same time.. also you cannot turn around to see you are in the bathroom when you would have to go FORWARD to get back into the bathroom

it is more like YOU were chasing HIM if you end up on the far side of the bathroom near the toilet and the scale area

also you never did quite tell us when you loaded a round and and got the safety off

So at this point, I didn't even know if he had been shot. I didn't see anything different, he was just -- we were struggling and wrestling, and he's a wrestler, he had wrestled in high school, and he was getting on top of me, and I didn't want him to get on top of me because when he had done that in the past, I can't get out of those holds that he gets -- so he's grabbing at my clothes, and I got up, and he's just screaming angry, and after I broke away from him, he said "****in' kill you *****."

1) the shell casing was NOT found by the scales
2) the man was shot thru the frontal lobe and would not be moving, doing wrestling moves nor would he be able to speak like that after you shot him
3) the shot was last as it had no blood on it.. only under it.

N: Before he lunged at you, was he yelling at you and threatening you to your recollection?

arias says he lunged after he was shot.. not so much

J: Well, he was chasing me and he was pissed off

N: Ok, do you remember him yelling or saying anything

J: He was calling me names because I dropped his camera

N: Do you remember what those were?

J: Well, I remember him calling me a ****ing idiot, and I remember him telling me a five year old can hold a camera better than me

N: Do you remember saying anything to him as he lunged at you?

J: I don't think so, I was just crying and running and I pointed it at him, assuming he would get the idea to stop. He just wouldn't stop

N: What do you mean he wouldn't stop?

J: Well, after the gun went off, I thought "crap" because now he's really going to be pissed. I didn't even know that I shot him; I thought I shot a hole in the wall and I'm thinking he's really going to be pissed even more now. And he's telling me he's going to kill me, and I think that I - after he said that, he had almost killed me before, and

N: And what?

J: There's a lot of that day I don't remember. There are a lot of gaps. I don't remember the poses of the pictures. I remember them now that I've seen the pictures, but I didn't remember them until I saw them. I remember taking pictures, I just don't remember the pictures themselves, even though we looked at them, and now I see them and I remember them.

not what you told flores :wink:

N: Let me ask you this, getting back to that moment in time, not the poses or anything else, you told us that he said, "kill you, *****" and you were underneath him trying to get away

J: He said that right after I broke away from him

you just said that he said it after you shot him when he was lunging at you... there was NO STIPPULATION so you could not have shot him when he was that close to you.

N: Ok, right after you broke away from him. Once you broke away from him, what do you remember?

J: Almost nothing for a long time. There are some things that have come back over years, but I don't know if those are things I'm thinking from before or if it's that day; it's confusing, it's like a huge gap, like I don't know if I blacked out or what. There's a huge gap, and the most clear memory I have after that point is driving in the desert, but there are certain little things that have come back, like pictures in my mind that come back since then

N: Let me ask you this. Do you remember stabbing Travis Alexander?

J: I have no memory of stabbing him.

obvious lie r/t the detail with which she describes the shooting

N: Do you remember, as we see here in exhibit 162, do you remember dragging him across the floor?

J: No. I just remember trying to get away from him.

N: I'm showing you exhibit 73; do you remember placing him in the shower?

J: shakes head -- Sorry, that's no.

N: You told us that after running away from him, you don't have any clear memories of what happened after that until hours later, right?

J: I have a few memories, but nothing super clear.

N: Tell us about those memories

J: I have a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher, but I've put the knife in the dishwasher before so I'm pretty sure it was that day

use of language: "THE knife" referring to a specific knife. She knows exactly what one she used. Also the logic here is a lie. Just because you have done it before does not equal recollection of you putting it there that day. You did not put the knife in the dishwasher at all.. you took it with you.

N: Do you know where you got the knife from?

J: It was upstairs

N: Are you assuming that or do you remember that?

J: I'm assuming that. It hadn't been moved since he cut the rope. I don't think it had been touched by either of us since he used it to cut the rope

you cannot assume and know something at the same time

N: What else do you remember from after the time that you crawled out from underneath him

J: I remember I was in the bathroom - I remember dropping the knife and it clanged the tile, made a big noise, and I just remember screaming. I don't remember anything after that, not immediately.

wrongo... your coup de grace throat slash was on the carpet in the bedroom and no WAY could you be dragging him and still holding the knife and leave a bloody palm print on the wall in the process

N: Do you remember where he was when you were screaming?

J: I think he was next to me on the floor, I don't know.

N: Do you know where you were?

J: I was in the bathroom.

N: What else do you remember?

J: Not much

N: Does not much mean nothing?

J: I remember more the feeling of that time, not pictures and things that I can bring back

N: Tell us about the feeling

J: It was like mortal terror. It was like he - I pissed him off the worst I've ever seen him pissed off, and then I tried to stop him and I piss him off even more and I thought "*****" I'd really, really pissed him off, and he was angry at me and he was never going to stop.

N: What do you mean he wasn't going to stop?

J: He wasn't gong to stop. He wasn't stopping.

N: When you say he wasn't going to stop, did you feel that he was going to kill you?

J: For sure, when he said "Kill you", yes. He'd almost killed me before and now he was saying he was going to

N: So when he said that to you, you believed him because of past incidents?

(objection leading, rephrase)

N: Why did you believe him when he said, "kill you, b*tch"?

J: Because he had never said that before and he had taken me almost to that point without that threat and now he was clearly making that threat

N: You told us your last memory in Travis' bathroom was sitting on the bathroom floor screaming

J: I don't know if I was sitting or what, I just remember dropping it

N: Ok, dropping the knife?

J: Yes. I remember what was going through my head. I don't remember anything else after that.

N: What was going through your head?

J: That I couldn't believe - I just couldn't believe what had happened. I couldn't take anything back what had just happened, and it was like I couldn't rewind the clock

N: Did you realize all that had happened

J: I don't know about all, but I just remember dropping the knife and being very freaked out and screaming

N: After remembering that feeling and dropping the knife in the bathroom and some of the other memories you've shared with us, what is the next point in time for which you have a memory?

J: I remember driving - I thought I was driving west because I remember the sun was in my eyes for a while

LOL Good job, nurse. What struck me when I was transcribing it was how many times she said "he almost killed me before" once she latched onto that.

Another thing - she said that when she was talking to Flores, she was trying to come up with lies that would fit the forensic evidence and that would make her not responsible. You can't "fit the forensic evidence" if you have no idea what the forensic evidence would be because you don't remember anything after shooting him in the head. D'oh!

Obviously when she came up with the ninja story she knew what had happened because she remembered it -- she just tried to place the gun and knife in someone else's hands.

In a nutshell here is what arias claims:

1) she was crouched on the bathmat and taking pictures a few feet from the shower

2) she was showing him the pictures and "THEY" were deleting them (she would have to have the screen on delete)

when all of a sudden

3) she drops the camera (according to her while it is in delete mode) and catches it like a football but then drops it so it "rolls"

and then he

4) yells at her and calls her mean names while BODY SLAMMING HER into the tile (again she says so she is saying he did it multiple times??)

so she

5) runs into the open closet door... but oh wait... she was running down the hallway??

So she then

6) slams the door and starts running out the OTHER DOOR (near entrance to bedroom)

but oH!!! SHE REMEMBERS

7) there is a gun on the shelf from when I dusted his shelves so she runs BACK to get get the gun (EVEN tho he has almost killed her before) and she JUMPS UP (no wait she pushes the bench over) to get the gun

when he

8) bursts into the door (the bathroom door that she slammed) so she points the gun at him

so he

9) starts chasing her and she turns around and they are in the bathroom.. umm but she also said that she was pointing the gun at him facing the closet door to the bathroom so she CANNOT be running away from him (not to mention the door is right by the shower so no way does all this happen in that period of time). She is going forward!

so then he

10) gets down real low and and as he is lunging at her the gun goes off and after that he says "kill you *****" (umm right the man was just shot thru the frontal lobe) and they are now over by the scales (ummm that is not where the casing was found on TOP of the blood)...and then

not only does he, after getting shot say this but he also

11) puts the wrestling moves on her and she ends up under him and rips at her clothes (despite the fact the Me says he would not be moving, talking or anything)...

and then badda bingo

12) she recalls being back in the bathroom and dropping "the" knife but cannot remember anything in between

and she

13) also says that she may have put it in the dishwasher because she has put THE KNIFE (like this very same one) in the dishwasher before.

What bunk!!!!

There is no way in hello it happened like this.

I am looking forward to Juan putting the bedroom diagram up when he crosses this bunch o bull chit!

eta: no way the final pictures were taken if the camera were in delete mode.. and I cannot wait for juan to ask her when she deleted the other pictures!!

nurse - she never said she pushed the bench over to grab the gun. She simply says she jumped up on the shelf! She describes moving the bench to get up there when she was dusting.

How convenient that the one person who could challenge her lies is dead at Jodi's hand.

I think the biggest lie that was debunked was the notion that Jodi is such a vulnerable victim of ongoing, long-term of abuse, that she was so beaten down and defeated that she no longer had any choice and that even text messages sent from 1,000 miles away compelled her to obey her abuser.

JM showed us the face of Jodi Arias that she shows when her will is crossed, when she doesn't get what she wants, when she believes she is entitled to do anything she wants to get what she wants.

Today I was reminded of the famous photo snapped at the instant that Ted Bundy lost his composure in the courtroom, and suddenly the world saw the face of the monster that was the last face his victims saw. Until then, he appeared human, affable, amiable, genial, "one of us." Then he lost it and his face lost its human mien, the monster was exposed, and from that instant we all knew exactly what he was.

I felt that today Juan Martinez made a very good start on the same path with Jodi Arias. We saw glimpses today of the face that Travis saw just before he was gone forever, and we will see that face more clearly as the cross examination continues until we all know, without a shadow of a doubt, what Jodi Arias is.

Thank you nursebeeme for giving me this space to vent.
:gthanks:

I completely agree! I have watched the cross 3 times.. Catching different things each time. I was kinda worried about Jm's feisty style but actUally it showcases how Jodi always has to be right and that she is no wilting flower.. After all that abuse she suffered by ta u'd think she would shrink but she just puffs her chest out higher and higher. He is doing a brilliant job. I see the killer in her come out.

Have you ever come out of a shower and tried walking on tile floor yet alone chase someone? I made that mistake getting out of the shower once and taking a step into the newly tiled hallway, only to end up flat on the back of my head. Wet feet + tile floor = accidental fall. JMHO!

Did any one see that TA mentioned anything about " getting revenge" or something to that effect when on direct she read out loud the text where he's angry & has had enough of her BS?
I've seen it transcribed somewhere on the boards. He tells her he's sick of her constant drama and dragging him into her chaos daily, told her to just leave him alone. The one where he calls her out as having scammed him and being the sociopath she is wishes he never got involved with her?

Got company for weekend so can't go hunting it down but I didn't see anything there that she read during direct where HE talks about revenge???

Did she just ad-lib that in there for effect. To make his ire seem more ominous to the jury?
Or did he really text that?

If not I hope JM caught that because that would be yet another lie that could catch her up.
How is HE going to get revenge from 1000 miles away? She's the one who had that on her mind IMO for some time before finally taking her planned road trip!

Have you ever come out of a shower and tried walking on tile floor yet alone chase someone? I made that mistake getting out of the shower once and taking a step into the newly tiled hallway, only to end up flat on the back of my head. Wet feet + tile floor = accidental fall. JMHO!

I thought the same thing. He's going to lunge out after her from a sitting position no less, soaking wet & all slippery yet be able to grab her and body slam her.

When she began her testimony that last day she also slipped up and said he'd never hit her and there was oh yeah that other ONE occasion. Her attorney had to remind her!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back