Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

"Pleasure" isn't the first word that comes to mind...

For your viewing "torture". :floorlaugh:

Except for Steely. :wink:

Ah just watched it. Thanks Josie! I admit when they showed the shot, I flinched. It wasn't bad as far as Lifetime movies go. I'm disappointed in the lack of Rob Lowe. He needs to be in all the movies based on cases. I still say WWE's The Miz should have played Travis- he looked more like him and has swagger. The actress playing Jodi had a deep voice.

Ah see, this is why I love Websleuths. You guys catch whatever I miss. The lack of Rob Lowe is, as you point out, a serious problem. I take back one of my stars.

I still think this actress from the TV show Bones ... Would have been a better Jodi.

images

Ah see, this is why I love Websleuths. You guys catch whatever I miss. The lack of Rob Lowe is, as you point out, a serious problem. I take back one of my stars.

Considering how hilarious Rob Lowe was in the Liberace movie, it would have been cool to have Rob Lowe play Jenny Willmott. :floorlaugh:

Ok , I caved and ended up watching last night...after saying I would not. I found it to be disappointing, but only because I am literal. Like if I read a book and the movie comes out, I'm invariably bummed out. I didn't care for the acting. The characters either had bad make up or were really unfortunate looking, like Juan and Det. Flores. The story lacked any suspense or urgency. I wish they would have worked the psychological aspect way more. I do watch many lifetime movies and lots of them are much more suspenseful with better story lines and acting. Oh well, we know so many of the facts that they didn't have time to use. I refused to watch to shower scene, I hate extreme violence and gore.
The actress was pretty who played JA, but not evil enough.

It was a better movie than I expected. I appreciated the slant being more towards Jodi's jealousy and manipulative personality, and Travis being a regular guy.

The shower scene was brutal to get through without screaming and crying for Travis. It was close enough to what was real, and left me shaken. How could she do something like that to an unaware man in his shower?!! A man she said she loved! It does make it plain she killed this beautiful alive man. She did it.

They went light on the premeditation. Having Jodi see the text message just before she goes in to kill him was giving her a reasonable motive when there probably wasn't anything that happened to "set her off". In reality, she went there to kill him, IMO, and that kind of coldness is not something most people understand without some reason, so the movie provided one. Jodi is a whole lot colder than this short movie can convey, but they did a fairly good job.

My Own MOO.
:cow:

Huge thanks to whoever uploaded it. I don't have cable, so getting to see it was a no-go... so yeah, THANK YOU!!!!!

It was way better than what I expected it to be, though they didn't do Martinez justice. But dang, they sure did portray Willmott looking well older than she actually is, IMO.

Now to count down the days until the real Willmott and Nurmi try to use the movie to claim that Jodi can't get a fair sentencing trial due to it.

I agree. While I don't get why some of the facts were changed ... It didn't change the story. I think Katie was sort of a composite of Lisa and Mimi and maybe even Deanna a bit. Nick was a composite of all of Travis's guy friends. I think the movie depicted her rapid descent into obsession and his "rage" in the text messages in the most logically conclusive way possible.

Blah blah blah ... I really do ramble sometimes ...:drumroll:

Totally agree. Lifetime is what it is. I watched it on youtube and thought they got the 1 hour with commercials version of how it went down pretty dead to rights. Surprising to me, actually.

... They went light on the premeditation. Having Jodi see the text message just before she goes in to kill him was giving her a reasonable motive when there probably wasn't anything that happened to "set her off" ...

I was bothered by the notion that Jodi responded to that last text message by saying that Jodi was there ... and then went in for the kill. She also should have had her hair in braids. But, as I am aware, we can write it off to artistic license.

The blonde wig and the brunette wig for the courtroom scenes were also pretty off-putting. Of well, que sera, sera.

What ruined the movie is the fact that it could have never been that great from the beginning!

Jodi was known for her stepford wife, monotone, lack of affect. She has no personality really - so trying to create a captivating character based on Jodi would require Jodi have captivating character in the first place.

She's boring. Average.

The only thing that made her not so boring was sex. Probably the only time she had a change in vocal tone/inflection. ;).

And unfortunately ladies and gentlemen, her captivating sexual behavior cannot be televised on Lifetime. It would be more appropriate for the spice channel and a local court near you!

I was bothered by the notion that Jodi responded to that last text message by saying that Jodi was there ... and then went in for the kill. She also should have had her hair in braids. But, as I am aware, we can write it off to artistic license.

The blonde wig and the brunette wig for the courtroom scenes were also pretty off-putting. Of well, que sera, sera.

I was bothered by the text Jodi sent from Travis' phone too! But, I suppose the script writers felt that surely something occurred immediately prior to cause Jodi to go into full murderous rage mode.

That scene was quite difficult to watch.

I thought the actress who played jodi was too pretty/ sexy. Jodi was never all that and a bag of chips.
Jodi is very immature snd the actress seemed too confident and worldly. The actor who played Travis
showed his nice guy but i didnt see the chrisma/ charm or the confident swagger of Travis.
For lifetime it was good.

I feel very sorry for the family and friends of Travis. This movie has to be raising horrible feelings for them. Personally, I was unimpressed. It was more like a bunch of mini clips of Ariases bizarre behaviors than a movie. I think they tried to fit to many of her strange actions into to small of a time slot. While I do not think Travis was in love with Jodi, I think that is a result she created by pressuring him to hard to often. I do believe he cared for her. I remember during the trial someone said he had an open door policy when it came to Jodi. That is not the action of a man who does not care about you. I think at first he was attracted to her, then he came to care about her and then she pushed and pushed until she had pushed him away. Sadly, he also said Jodi wouldn't hurt a fly, and that was his worse mistake.

Interesting they never "showed" the anal sex, guess that was more taboo than showing the graphic murder scene.

If I were Wilmot, I would have been very annoyed with the actress they got to portray me!

Morning. So, I missed the movie. Any links????? I forgot what it was life for my life NOT to be centered around this trial!

I watched the first hour with my daughter and her friend on Saturday night, watched the second hour by myself after they went out, then watched it again with daughter and friend last night.

Daughter's friend (he's my friend, too) didn't watch any of the trial except for a clip I showed him months ago because I think JSS and his mother look just alike. His reactions to the movie were pretty illuminating. He kept asking "Did that really happen?" about various scenes, then "OMG! OMG!" and during the murder scene he kept saying "It's so sad..."

Watching it with someone who didn't know a lot about the case made me appreciate the movie more. I liked it. CKJA was shown as the villain from the onset and Travis was a sweetie.

My daughter has a longtime crush on Jesse Lee Soffer and we both really liked his performance. I wish TR had caught CKJA's baby voice, but she did a good job showing the crazy.

My biggest question remains - did TR wear black contacts to give her eyes that CKJA evil, or are her eyes always like that?

Ok, the chic in the movie seems WAAAAY too old and I am only 10 minutes in. Her voice is waaay off. The guy on the other hand, I must say I am impressed. Sounds just like him, looks like him, only the actor is too skinny. He should have taken this opportunity to eat a few cheeseburgers.

I can't get past the girl though. She looks like she belongs in Hef's Playboy mansion, not playing Arias.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back