Lisa Marie Presley Dies At 54 After Cardiac Arrest

The cause of death broke my heart. It sounds like it could have been prevented? Prior to needing a small bowl obstruction the pain is excruciating and can't be ignored. I don't get it. She died from a "small bowl obstruction."
Were pain meds used to mask the pain? I can't imagine so. The pain is unbearable. Something doesn't sound right. But then I am not in the medical field.

I am guessing that additional intestinal obstruction of blockage occurred?

MOO

The cause of death broke my heart. It sounds like it could have been prevented? Prior to needing a small bowl obstruction the pain is excruciating and can't be ignored. I don't get it. She died from a "small bowl obstruction."
Were pain meds used to mask the pain? I can't imagine so. The pain is unbearable. Something doesn't sound right. But then I am not in the medical field.

I am guessing that additional intestinal obstruction of blockage occurred?

MOO
I had gastric bypass many years ago and have had no issues whatsoever. However, a structure is something they watch for. They can treat it by inserting an expansion device orally to open it up. They can do more traditional surgery if necessary. It does sound like she died of something that may have been treatable.

I had gastric bypass many years ago and have had no issues whatsoever. However, a structure is something they watch for. They can treat it by inserting an expansion device orally to open it up. They can do more traditional surgery if necessary. It does sound like she died of something that may have been treatable.
Thank you for your post. Yes, obstruction can be related to other surgeries such as cesarean section, abdominoplasty , etc. moo

It's very sad to think it was painful and also treatable.

Celebrity doc warns against ozempic after Lisa Maria's COD released:

"It’s a perfect storm: The combination of bariatric scarring, slowed intestines from weight loss drugs and opioids to mask the pain can prove to be a fatal concoction.

While there is no current evidence that Lisa Marie was taking an Ozempic-like weight loss drug after her procedure, Dubrow warned patients of the risks.

'If you’re going to go on the Ozempic-type drugs and you get intestinal pain, you get stomach bloating, you get pain, you drink alcohol with this, you’re predisposed to intestinal obstruction and pancreatitis,' the Hollywood doc told the outlet."

While there is no current evidence that Lisa Marie was taking an Ozempic-like weight loss drug after her procedure, Dubrow warned patients of the risks.

While I’ve got my own concerns about the safety of ozempic, plus having friends who gained all the weight back in year 2, this article seemed like shameless clickbait since she wasn’t actually taking that medication.

So I’ve got Crohn’s and had a stricture which led to a rupture, I had pancreatitis as a side effect of an immunosuppressant too. Also an astonishingly huge abscess which my surgeon described as “the largest I’ve ever seen in a living patient”. Pain is a funny thing. I was in agony for months prior to diagnosis, followed by steroids and the non stop eating they cause, which, with a stricture, led to intestinal rupture. The pain drugs have been few and far between, and agony and I are old friends. (Surgical adhesion please stand up and be recognized) Lisa Marie was probably like me, a tough girl who could take the hit. Poor Lisa, her life was non stop pain, and this was no big thing. I get her.

She looked so unwell at the Globes but I'm sure she was determined to be there for her Dad. I just wish someone could've convinced her to go to the hospital, even the next day.
She may have had no idea. I know it sounds really painful, but if this was a slow process, she may not have been aware of what was going on and may not have been in acute pain. She may have been malnourished and "out of it".

Sometimes these things create severe anemia.

My mom's appendix burst, but they couldn't diagnosis it! She didn't have appendicitis pain.

She had severe anemia and internal bleeding. It took several days and a finally a CT scan saw a ruptured appendix. She had severe peritonitis. However, she never had symptoms of appendicitis!

She may have had no idea. I know it sounds really painful, but if this was a slow process, she may not have been aware of what was going on and may not have been in acute pain. She may have been malnourished and "out of it".

Sometimes these things create severe anemia.

My mom's appendix burst, but they couldn't diagnosis it! She didn't have appendicitis pain.

She had severe anemia and internal bleeding. It took several days and a finally a CT scan saw a ruptured appendix. She had severe peritonitis. However, she never had symptoms of appendicitis!

she seemed with it intellectually when she was interviewed but she physically looked like she was about to fall over - it was obvious something was wrong to me but you're right, sometimes they misdiagnose or can't figure it out in time ... poor lady

Last edited:
Before her death earlier this year, Lisa Marie Presley expressed shock and horror over the depiction of her father Elvis Presley in the script for Sofia Coppola’s new film “Priscilla.” Described in two emails obtained exclusively by Variety, the late Presley asked Coppola to reconsider her vision for the character and to spare her family public embarrassment. The messages were sent four months before Presley suffered fatal cardiac arrest in January.

Presley’s messages called the script “shockingly vengeful and contemptuous,” and contained pleas to Oscar-winning director Coppola to refrain from straining her fragile relationship with her mother – the film’s subject, Priscilla Presley – as well as bringing scrutiny on Elvis’ living grandchildren as they continue to grieve the loss of Lisa Marie Presley’s son, Benjamin Keough, who died in 2020.

“I will be forced to be in a position where I will have to openly say how I feel about the film and go against you, my mother and this film publicly,” Presley wrote.

I wonder about Priscilla's mental state. She was confused at his anniversary celebration when asking everyone to sing happy birthday to Elvis. Lisa Marie expresses concern about her mother understanding the gravity of endorsing this movie in this article.

Why would Priscilla want this when her daughter is so opposed to it? Their relationship was fragile.

I read her book many years ago and wasn't impressed. She says it's a love story but it didn't come off that way to me.

I'm an Elvis fan, but I don't have on rose-colored glasses. His life was so complicated and he was not perfect. Far from it. Their relationship happened during a different time. I agree with Lisa Marie. <modsnip: Rumor>. For all of her words that she is committed to preserving his legacy, she wrote the book and supports the movie.

She does like the spotlight. Is it for the money? I don't think this will sit well with her granddaughters. They are about to hear some harsh things about their grandpa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder about Priscilla's mental state. She was confused at his anniversary celebration when asking everyone to sing happy birthday to Elvis. Lisa Marie expresses concern about her mother understanding the gravity of endorsing this movie in this article.

Why would Priscilla want this when her daughter is so opposed to it? Their relationship was fragile.

I read her book many years ago and wasn't impressed. She says it's a love story but it didn't come off that way to me.

I'm an Elvis fan, but I don't have on rose-colored glasses. His life was so complicated and he was not perfect. Far from it. Their relationship happened during a different time. I agree with Lisa Marie. <modsnip: Rumor>. For all of her words that she is committed to preserving his legacy, she wrote the book and supports the movie.

She does like the spotlight. Is it for the money? I don't think this will sit well with her granddaughters. They are about to hear some harsh things about their grandpa.

She acts really strange in an insecure sense. It’s almost as though she knows people are suspect of her behavior. Her statement at the funeral was melodramatic, as was the recent interview with Pierce Morgan.

She does indeed like the spotlight. Her vanity is what I think drives her to chase relevance. Ironically her plastic surgery is awful.

She has made a career out of her ex husband’s life. I give her credit for managing Graceland but she benefitted from that too. The recent settlement with her granddaughter is very generous.

She acts really strange in an insecure sense. It’s almost as though she knows people are suspect of her behavior. Her statement at the funeral was melodramatic, as was the recent interview with Pierce Morgan.

She does indeed like the spotlight. Her vanity is what I think drives her to chase relevance. Ironically her plastic surgery is awful.

She has made a career out of her ex husband’s life. I give her credit for managing Graceland but she benefitted from that too. The recent settlement with her granddaughter is very generous.
Thank you . You nailed it from every angle. She has really used her relationship with Elvis to her advantage. And the fact is, that’s all she’s ever had. Elvis.

Thank you . You nailed it from every angle. She has really used her relationship with Elvis to her advantage. And the fact is, that’s all she’s ever had. Elvis.
Her marriage to him ended so many years ago. She’s been married and had relationships with many men since then.

I‘ve never been comfortable with the way she treats her ex husband, Elvis. He’s no longer around to defend himself.

She also made a big mistake in raising her daughter in the Scientology church. It caused Lisa to have many problems growing up, as it does other children raised in that church. One can only imagine how many millions from Elvis‘ estate ended up in the Scientology coffers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back