Lisa Marie Presley Dies At 54 After Cardiac Arrest

Jan 20, 2023

'In lieu of flowers, the family encourages all who wish to send something to do so in the form of a donation to The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation,' the Graceland website read.

Presley died on January 12 after suffering a second cardiac arrest while she was in the hospital. Her family signed a 'do not resuscitate' order.

The 54-year-old only child of Elvis and Priscilla Presley was rushed to hospital on Thursday morning after she was found by her housekeeper collapsed inside her Calabasas home.

Last edited:
At only age 54, why would Priscilla order a DNR for her child, Lisa Marie, when admitting her to hospital? It was a second heart attack while at the hospital that killed her and you'd think she was in the best place to be resuscitated and saved. Perhaps this is a Scientology belief? I'm just sorry for her children that suddenly lost their mum. :(
Is there a link about the DNR? I did not know this.
Thanks

Is there a link about the DNR? I did not know this.
Thanks

Jan 20, 2023

'In lieu of flowers, the family encourages all who wish to send something to do so in the form of a donation to The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation,' the Graceland website read.

Presley died on January 12 after suffering a second cardiac arrest while she was in the hospital. Her family signed a 'do not resuscitate' order.

The 54-year-old only child of Elvis and Priscilla Presley was rushed to hospital on Thursday morning after she was found by her housekeeper collapsed inside her Calabasas home.

EMTs arriving at her home managed to revive her and she regained a pulse, but she was brain dead on arrival at the
hospital, TMZ reported on Friday.

The family rushed to her bedside, where she was in an induced coma and on life support. On learning she was already brain dead, they signed a 'do not resuscitate' order.

Jan 20, 2023

EMTs arriving at her home managed to revive her and she regained a pulse, but she was brain dead on arrival at the
hospital, TMZ reported on Friday.

The family rushed to her bedside, where she was in an induced coma and on life support. On learning she was already brain dead, they signed a 'do not resuscitate' order.
Thank you. This makes more sense and I was beginning to wonder if DNR was different here than UK.

No one knows for certain how long Lisa Marie was "down" and she was without a pulse when found. Even though a pulse was initially restored it is very likely she suffered an anoxic event which left her brain without oxygen too long to survive. CPR does not restore oxygen to the brain. When in need, our bodies clamp down so that the most vital organs - the heart and lungs - get the benefit. These the body cannot live without. Another heart attack while she was already compromised would indicate she was already going into multi system failure. In addition, we don't know what she suffered that made her heart stop in the first place. It could have been a heart attack or caused by something else in which case CPR could restore a heartbeat but not correct the problem that caused it to cease function in the first place. In my opinion, a DNR was not only indicated but the kinder option. Scientology beliefs had nothing to do with this.

*** I was an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) instructor for some years and was required to recertify in ACLS every other year for my whole career as a critical care nurse***

At only age 54, why would Priscilla order a DNR for her child, Lisa Marie, when admitting her to hospital? It was a second heart attack while at the hospital that killed her and you'd think she was in the best place to be resuscitated and saved. Perhaps this is a Scientology belief? I'm just sorry for her children that suddenly lost their mum. :(
MOO..This is always a very tough call which is why you always want a living will stating your wishes. You elect a healthcare proxy/representative to ensure your wishes are carried out.

From what I understand, Lisa Marie was already brain dead by the time she reached the hospital after first cardiac arrest. Although, I have heard of cases where someone was apparently brain dead and loved ones thought it was too soon to pull the plug. That person (rare instances mind you) ended up regaining brain function and survived. This happened to my sister's friend.. the hospital had basically told the family she would be a vegetable with next to no chance at regaining consciousness/living a normal life. They waited a few days before making the decision and she had come out of coma:oops:. She is not the same, but can talk and walk. Needs speech therapy but is not severely brain damaged. Each situation is unique and one never knows..Tragic situation all the way around..COS ruined this whole family including LM's son Benjamin.:( LM realized it and apparently left (COS) Scientology in 2014. This is why, IMO, she felt guilty about her son's death.JMO

State of Grace Lisa Marie Presley laid to rest at Graceland next to beloved son Benjamin

Lisa Marie Presley has reached her final resting place, Page Six can confirm.

The only child of Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley was officially laid to rest at Graceland on Sunday – next to her beloved son, Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in 2020.

Sources told us earlier this week that Keough’s grave had to be “slightly” moved in order to make room for his mother’s body.

We’re told the pair are now side-by-side in the Meditation Garden at Elvis’ iconic mansion.

Celebrities pay tribute to Lisa Marie Presley at Graceland memorial service​

Presle’s mother, Priscilla, spoke at the service, but a grieving Riley Keough, her oldest daughter, let husband Ben deliver the remarks.

Guns N’ Roses’ Axl Rose performed the band’s song “November Rain.”

Finally watched Lisa Marie's Memorial Service. Mainly wanted to hear Axl Rose sing November Rain, one of my all time favorite songs.

November Rain is one of my all time favorites as well, it was so moving watching him sing with just his piano. I was very impressed with Axl's speech and performance, he has cleaned up his act.

MOO

Oh my!! Hot off the press! I had no idea Elvis had an illegitimate daughter in 1955. All of this is just coming out publicly. JMO

Elvis Presley's Oldest Daughter Deborah Presley Brando Makes a Public Statement​

Elvis Presley's Daughter Deborah Presley Brando Makes a Public Statement About the Death of her Half Sister Lisa Marie Presley

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA, January 24, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Deborah Presley Brando is now the eldest biological daughter of Elvis Presley. She was also married to the late Christian Brando, son of Marlon Brando. Her mother Barbara Jean Lewis , from Charlotte N. Carolina was 14 when she met Elvis and 16 when Deborah was born. Elvis Presley’s 1st cousin , and one time best friend Gene Smith, has supported Deborah and the facts and evidence on who she is.

1674618502833.png

Oh my!! Hot off the press! I had no idea Elvis had an illegitimate daughter in 1955. All of this is just coming out publicly. JMO

Elvis Presley's Oldest Daughter Deborah Presley Brando Makes a Public Statement​

Elvis Presley's Daughter Deborah Presley Brando Makes a Public Statement About the Death of her Half Sister Lisa Marie Presley

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA, January 24, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Deborah Presley Brando is now the eldest biological daughter of Elvis Presley. She was also married to the late Christian Brando, son of Marlon Brando. Her mother Barbara Jean Lewis , from Charlotte N. Carolina was 14 when she met Elvis and 16 when Deborah was born. Elvis Presley’s 1st cousin , and one time best friend Gene Smith, has supported Deborah and the facts and evidence on who she is.

View attachment 397558

Had no idea of this news. I wonder if DNA is of note…

View attachment 397558
She sued his estate in 1989.
Elvis apparently has "lots of illegitimate kids". :rolleyes:

I would link, but I don't believe they're approved sites.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back