Lisa Marie Presley's twins in state custody

Well this is all a very sad situation. I would have thought she would have accountants keeping track on taxes. Once you get behind with federal tax, especially large amounts as I suspect here, they lay the wood to you in penalties and that can just get so very ugly. Hopefully she's able to get a grip on that.
I hope for the kids sake shes ok and gets them back quickly. Her ex is going to be after everything he can get. Prenups??
I feel bad for her, she doesn't know life as we do, has always had that silver spoon.
Tabloids are going to chew this up, very sad.

Well this is all a very sad situation. I would have thought she would have accountants keeping track on taxes. Once you get behind with federal tax, especially large amounts as I suspect here, they lay the wood to you in penalties and that can just get so very ugly. Hopefully she's able to get a grip on that.
I hope for the kids sake shes ok and gets them back quickly. Her ex is going to be after everything he can get. Prenups??
I feel bad for her, she doesn't know life as we do, has always had that silver spoon.
Tabloids are going to chew this up, very sad.

The problem with Lisa Marie Presley paying her back-taxes is that she doesn't actually have a job where she generates income. When celebrities owe taxes they go on tour, make a movie, sell 2-3 of their properties; but it appears that Lisa doesn't have a way to earn her own money.

"I'm blown away that she doesn't have custody of her kids since the allegations are against him. I wonder if it's due to drug use or why ever she was in rehab. You would think her mother would step in to care for the kids; they really should be with family, especially since they're famous. You never know who would want to find them to kidnap them or whatever. This could turn really bad really fast."

You make a good point about possible kidnapping risk. And it is Lisa Marie who heightened the potential risk for this by going public with this story. Not good on her part.

Also, if you read the latest articles carefully, it says there are charges against Lisa Marie also. It does not specify what the charges are against Lisa Marie are. But that would be the reason the children were taken - that charges were filed against both parents.

As for Pricilla, perhaps she declined. She is in her 70's, may not feel she is capable of handling two 8 year olds.

The entire situation is very sad.

70 isn't that old. Pricilla dosen't seem like an elderly woman. However, given the troubled relationship she has had with her daughter in the past, I can imagine that she might not want to get involved in a family situation that will only get uglier as the divorce proceeds.

"Ms. Presley and her lawyers undoubtedly knew that their highly sensational, inaccurate and unproven claims would be of great interest to the media, which would disseminate Ms. Presley’s inaccurate story as a result,” the statement reads. “To make matters worse, Ms. Presley failed to disclose very important information in the papers she filed in the Family Law Court and the things she failed to disclose are directly related to her inflammatory claims against Mr. Lockwood."
"Mr. Lockwood is not going to publicly disclose very negative information about Ms. Presley to retaliate," he continued. "Mr. Lockwood and his lawyers did not choose to litigate these personal matters in the press. Therefore, while Mr. Lockwood denies the truth of what Ms. Presley chose to put in the press, he has no further statement at this time."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...nd-being-investigated-for-child-abuse-w467807

This article states that Lisa Marie's call to Beverly Hills Police was last June??? And there have been no charges filed against the husband?
That Beverly Hills police referred the case to Tennessee authorities because they did not have jurisdiction? But these twins are in care in California. Have they been in care since last June?

Lisa Marie went into rehab last August. Something is really off here.

-----------------------
Pre-nup, maybe there was. But the ruling document now being addressed is a post-nup agreement.

Re: Income taxes Income taxes are based on INCOME, meaning Lisa Marie was earning income in order to accrue income taxes. If he is continuing to receive money from a trust fund, from interest or dividends, or from royalties, she has current income. And she owns 5 houses.
It most certainly sounds like she needs to hire a reliable firm to straighten out her finances. And yes, the first thing for them to do is to pay off the IRS debt!

One word: Scientology

Elvis is The King of Rock N Roll! He openly detested Scientology.
LMP did not grow up learning how to balance a bank account or how to avoid credit card debt. That is not for lack of education. Parents hold the responsibility of teaching their children, at a young age, how to manage their finances, esp., when there are $$ millions $$ at stake.

I've learned since Leah Remini's exposure of S to understand that LMP did not stand a chance. Look at Suri. Well, she has a better chance b/c of the way her mother is sensibly raising her away from the terrifying and toxic influence of Scientology. TC is sipping cocktails in London. Ties are cut, if your family or friend, leaves S. LMP has issues from the residual influence of S via her mother and with her own departure from the S community. LMP should have been paid for the Dec 2016 HBO documentary. Maybe enough to pay her taxes? Anyone know how much she owes in taxes?

If Lockwood spent a million dollars, over a ten year marriage then, he deserved every nickel. jmho Otherwise, they were blowing and going together. No way does L deserve 40% of her inheritance check that she receives b/c her father is Elvis. I also feel that Elvis' four grandchildren should not suffer for lack of anything for monetary reasons.

47yo LMP should know by now, and after a ten yr marriage, that she needs not two nannies but perhaps fire one nanny and hire an accountant. She needs to care for her own children. Each of the twin daughters does not require her own nanny. What does LMP do all day?

To PPs credit, she has done a remarkable job with what Elvis left behind.
Priscilla Presley, American Actress

Priscilla Ann Presley is an American actress and business magnate. She is the former wife of the late entertainer Elvis Presley as well as co-founder and former chairwoman of Elvis Presley Enterprises, the company that turned Graceland into one of the top tourist attractions in the United States.
She practices Scientology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla_Presley

While Scientology still has the support of two of its most famous members — Tom Cruise, 52, and John Travolta, 61 — a growing number of
former celebrity backers, including Leah Remini, 44, and Lisa Marie Presley, 47
HBO Documentary Article:
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/31...diss-scientology-going-clear-hbo-documentary/

If she is stable and not complicit with ML on any *advertiser censored* charges then, her children will be returned to her custody.

<> Lisa Marie Presley, 48. The singer/actress has reportedly filed for divorce from Michael Lockwood, ten and a half years <>.

Lisa Marie cited irreconcilable differences <>, with the date of separation listed as June 13, 2016. Source: TMZ. She is reportedly seeking full custody of the pair’s seven-year-old twins, H and F, although she’s not asking for any spousal or child support.

LMPs Marital History
Danny Keough, whom she married in 1988 and fathered her two grown children were divorced in 1994. Just 20 days after the 1994 divorce, Lisa Marie got re-married to Michael Jackson. She stood by Michael throughout the child molestation claims against him, but they divorced in January 1996.

[...] in 2000, she got engaged to John Oszajca. Upon meeting Nicolas Cage at a party, though, Lisa Marie called off the engagement, and she married the actor in Aug. 2002, just ten days after he proposed. 108 days later, Nicolas filed for divorce, <> finalized <> 2004.

After the breakup, LMP met ML, and they tied the knot on Jan. 22, 2006. The 48-year-old gave birth to their twin daughters in Oct. 2008. She filed for divorce on June 13, 2016.
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/28/lisa-marie-presley-divorce-michael-lockwood-split-breakup/

LMP’s estranged husband, ML, 55, is currently being investigated for alleged child abuse, the BHPD confirmed on Friday, Feb 17.

[...] search warrant for a residence that “led to the seizure of several items pursuant to the warrant. [...]
seized more than 80 devices from her husband. BUSTED! :copcar: :jail:

According to a statement that BHP Sergeant Max Subin released <> “was notified of alleged child abuse involving the Presley family” in June 2016. “It was then quickly determined the allegations stemmed from activity originating in the state of Tennessee,” the statement continues. “The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations (TBI) was notified and immediately responded to California to initiate their own investigation.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...nd-being-investigated-for-child-abuse-w467807

According to the latest tabs - Priscilla Presley is going out with Tom Jones....

In the above it says Lisa Marie is a singer/actress.... what movie or whatever has she acted in?? :thinking: Can't think of one...

I read that it was a post-nuptial agreement, not pre. I too don't think he should get any $$.

I wonder if courts refused 'any' family member to be a guardian to the twins. With Priscilla's money it would not be a hardship to just have nannies etc. Maybe courts want them with a regular loving type family with counseling......Money can't buy love......I am thinking the twins have older adult siblings, and they aren't with them, odd.

Have a question that I seriously do not have the answer to - I don't know and maybe someone can shed some light on it. By "in state's custody" does that mean that they are NOT with a family member? Priscilla? older sibling? and the state just has "control" over who/what/where, etc (I am thinking like the one case on here where the kids are/were living with the materal grandmother cause dad is in jail accused of killing of the mom) They were in states custody but living with grandma until the judge just let her have custody and took them off states custody if I remember correctly. ...So...they could be with Priscilla or the older siblings, etc who do not have "custody" but that doesn't mean that they are in foster homes does it?

edited - Mark Sievers is who I was thinking of above - couldn't remember his name - had brain freeze.

According to the latest tabs - Priscilla Presley is going out with Tom Jones....

In the above it says Lisa Marie is a singer/actress.... what movie or whatever has she acted in?? :thinking: Can't think of one...

I read that it was a post-nuptial agreement, not pre. I too don't think he should get any $$.

"The Naked Gun" is the only movie I've seen with PP in it.

LmP has an imdb, and she hasn't 'acted', just appears a second herself. Documentary and talk show stuff. I do remember years ago, she had a few hits, ok, just one, but I liked the album at the time.

Have a question that I seriously do not have the answer to - I don't know and maybe someone can shed some light on it. By "in state's custody" does that mean that they are NOT with a family member? Priscilla? older sibling? and the state just has "control" over who/what/where, etc (I am thinking like the one case on here where the kids are/were living with the materal grandmother cause dad is in jail accused of killing of the mom) They were in states custody but living with grandma until the judge just let her have custody and took them off states custody if I remember correctly. ...So...they could be with Priscilla or the older siblings, etc who do not have "custody" but that doesn't mean that they are in foster homes does it?

edited - Mark Sievers is who I was thinking of above - couldn't remember his name - had brain freeze.

You may have figured this out -- in the legal custody of the State and the physical custody of family.

You may have figured this out -- in the legal custody of the State and the physical custody of family.

I was just on Facebook. Priscilla Presley's page states, "There is Lots of confusion, commotion and concern from all the talk circulating. Let me put this to rest... the girls have not been in foster care and never will be. The girls have been with me and will be until all this is sorted out." There is a picture of the twins in a pool.
At this point we have no idea who is telling the truth, partial truths, or lies. I only hope that those twins are alright. As for their parents, they are adults and need to work things out for the sake of their children.

Thank you so much for posting this! I was concerned about the twins. Thank Heavens Priscilla is taking care of them, and I am sure she has finances to do so.
I pray Lisa Marie can pull things together &#10084;.

I was just on Facebook. Priscilla Presley's page states, "There is Lots of confusion, commotion and concern from all the talk circulating. Let me put this to rest... the girls have not been in foster care and never will be. The girls have been with me and will be until all this is sorted out." There is a picture of the twins in a pool.
At this point we have no idea who is telling the truth, partial truths, or lies. I only hope that those twins are alright. As for their parents, they are adults and need to work things out for the sake of their children.

Yes it is on news reports this morning that she has confirmed that they are with her and will be until everything is sorted out. Thank you :)

LMP could have signed a safety plan with Social Services. Usually in those you have to admit that you did something wrong but will do everything in your power to make sure it doesn't happen again. The children get to stay in the home while the safety plan is in effect.

If anything happens during the time frame of the safety plan then the children will be removed from the home and will be state's custody. They could still be place with family during this time. (I fostered my cousin until we adopted him)

It's a worthless piece of paper IMO.

God, I hope these children are safe.

LMP could have signed a safety plan with Social Services. Usually in those you have to admit that you did something wrong but will do everything in your power to make sure it doesn't happen again. The children get to stay in the home while the safety plan is in effect.

If anything happens during the time frame of the safety plan then the children will be removed from the home and will be state's custody. They could still be place with family during this time. (I fostered my cousin until we adopted him)

It's a worthless piece of paper IMO.

God, I hope these children are safe.

Per Priscilla and the news articles today the children are safe and with Priscilla.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back