long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an ex had a gun on you and made you sit down in the shower or tortured you before this and made you sit in shower where and how would you escape? Cause I believe this is what happened to TA. She has a gun and a big knife...whatcha gonna do..you are seated in a very small space?

I have been trying to imagine how exactly JA got Travis to pose for those shower pictures, knowing he was over her and didn't want to continue anything with her. How do you all think all that worked? They had sex for old time's sake (or maybe just because she showed up and he said what the heck) or for whatever reason, I get that. But how does she lure him to the shower and have him agree to pose for those pics. Knowing she was nutty at best, why would he allow photos to be taken of himself? I can't get there in my head...

Nancy saying the court is ongoing due to daylight savings time. :lol:

Seriously though, why lie to your friend Nancy?

It irks the crap outta me when she does that lol she thinks we're so dumb :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know, she keep saying, "The trial is ONGOING, we're bringing it to you live....hang on, are they back yet? Okay, so....."

Ahhh, people aren't that dumb.

It IS live while she is taping her show. She tapes it before we see it on the air.

Just turning on Nancy Grace now and scroll under screen read:

Trialwatcher sitting behind Jodi Arias mom; " I wish Jodi were dead."WHAT????!!! Did I read this correctly?

Is it referencing a comment spoken verbally by the trialwatcher or Jodi's mom??

Wow, Stephanie. I got the SAME RESULTS merely by following my "yes yes yes yes yes" lying strategy. :what: We must be geniuses according to Dr. S.

I got the same results by answering honestly. Does PTSD ever go away or is it for life?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screening Test

Your Score = 6
You are likely suffering from post traumatic stress; please contact us for more information

Oh noes!

How about because he's just not very good? If he were he wouldn't get involved in sending a person he was evaluating a book. He doesn't tape record sessions and so makes mistakes in his notes that he can explain away. He decided she either had DID or PTSD and tested to prove one of these. (settled on PTSD)

The end justifies the means...so it doesn't matter that she answered questions on wrong story. We were going to come out with PTSD anyway.

He mad typos and didn't catch them despite numerous reviews until he was called to explain them in court. And now we see he comes up with a form that was missing and it doesn't match the original. Imagine that.

Either he is incompetent or a lying cheating bottom feeder.
Remember his primary clientele are sex OFFENDERS. His knowledge of PTSD is coming from what he's learned about THEIR victims. How he landed this gig is a mystery to me. I suppose he is well known to defense attorneys, but shezzzz.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screening Test

Screening Results
Your Score = 10

You are likely suffering from post traumatic stress; please contact us for more information.

10. Are you experiencing problems with falling or staying asleep?
11. Are you having trouble concentrating, being irritable or jumpy?

At first, I attributed these to drinking too much coffee. Now I know: it's PTSD! I'm glad I'm not alone! :blushing:

Question 10 is also a symptom of normal aging and of menopause :floorlaugh:

I am LOVING Nancy Grace tonight!

And I'm loving her hair up these days, and her new makeup. She's looking really great. I just wish her show hadn't sold out and become such a 3-ring circus. The coverage of the Scott Peterson trial was exceptional. I think they lost me with the Casey Anthony case, it seems like all of their talk turned to sex and anything sensational.

Here is what I do not understand...Why did anyone really think that a defense witness, even if he is a psychologist, is not going to be biased. Just the same if the prosecution had her evaluated, I would expect some bias also. It goes with the territory. I don't share the majority opinion that this witness is a complete dufus. SOme of what he said makes sense to me. I think it's possibly she truly does not remember the actual killing. I also don't think it matters. The evidence of premeditation is overwhelming. And I realize I am in the minority opion here, but I can not stand JM. I don't feel this is passion we are seeing..it's just over the top aggression. He has every right to go after wintnesses, challenge them ect. But he is insulting, demeaning and unprofessional. definelty suffers from a Napoleon complex!! If I were on the jury and if the evidence was not so overwelhming, he would have lost me weeks ago. I am surprised the judge has allowed such conduct.

My thoughts exactly. And he's this way all.the.time. I don't think he's running some Jodi-specific strategy. He treats every defendant and every adverse witness this way. Heck, a lot of the time he treats his own witnesses that way. He has one style and is known for it. It's usually effective, imo, because he's typically dealing with strong cases against reprehensible criminals. But I especially agree with you that if I were on the jury I'd be rendering a guilty verdict in spite of him, not because of him.

Do you feel we will hear additional diagnoses from DeMarte, ie personality d/o? or is that area off limits?
Absolutely and thank heavens, really. The defense opened the door by suggesting PTSD and the apparently Other personality disorder. ;)

The State has every right to refute the defense's diagnosis and it will be left to the jury to deem which expert is most credible, if either.

-----------
Something else I wanted to point out. I really didn't think the defense would go the PTSD route until Jodi was testifying and mentioned the symptoms to a condition, relatively rare, but mostly associated with PTSD known as aphasia. It's when you just can't process language. You 'know' logically someone is speaking to you but your brain literally can't make sense of it. It's all jumbled jargon.

If you've noticed though the doctor has never mentioned it in regards to Jodi, (unless my mute button and I missed it :blushing:) leaving me with the very distinct impression 'lil Miss Psychopath conducted her own research into PTSD.

This psych doc is really a conundrum. While I don't really believe he is infatuated with JA I think he was very interested in this case and did lean towards the defense since they are footing the bill. I just cannot understand why he would base his diagnosis on a whopping lie and also not have precise notes. All I can come up with is he is arrogant and felt he would not have to prove himself in court. It is very careless to say the least.

I do think that he, the doctor, was infatuated with Jodi. He will never admit it. But my guess is that he doesn't send gifts of any nature to the average bear that he's called in to evaluate. He got closer than he should have. Additionally, it looks very bad for him professionally - it looks sloppy to me - that he did not retest her when he discovered that she was lying. It seems to me that the PTSD that was supposedly causing her amnesia just has no validity now. The diagnosis was based on lies. But surely, he had to know that the chance of him having to testify was very great based on the crime.

The doctor forgets that some of us have had to study these tests and find where someone can fake them...and it did not require me to do what he said (the elaborate studying of ptsd) to avoid the lying area whatever he said.

that was fake for the jury.

Silly doctor..you can't BS a WS'er

Just turning on Nancy Grace now and scroll under screen read:

Trialwatcher sitting behind Jodi Arias mom; " I wish Jodi were dead."WHAT????!!! Did I read this correctly?

Is it referencing a comment spoken verbally by the trialwatcher or Jodi's mom??

I read 2 people were removed from court for saying that.

Probably a plant with a mistrial in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I am enjoying reading all of your thoughts. DW has been here for years so I have been a WS widower for a long time lol!

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question 10 is also a symptom of normal aging and of menopause :floorlaugh:

Are you saying I have PTSD AND I'm menopausal to boot?!? Oh, gosh. At the first of the week, I thought I just had Transient Global Amnesia due to hot baths! My poor husband! :floorlaugh:

I'm behind a few days, I think I'm on Tuesday. But Wilmott is sooooo whiny!

In response to JM objections, twice now I've heard her say to the judge "Can we please not have speaking objections?"

Did she seriously not hear the constant objections by Nurmi? JM could rarely get a complete sentence out.

The truth is Arias wasn't/isn't that small.... I am 5'1 and I weigh 100lbs :blushing: and I'm pretty strong - trust me :D I grew up with five brothers and they always taught me to fight etc... maybe it's just in my blood I don't know... but I don't find it difficult to believe that Arias could overpower Travis in a moment of rage.

I'm going to wait and let Doctor Samuels fill it in for me.

And then, after he pencils it in for you, if he 'misplaces' your original, he can just re-do it by himself, by memory, and RECALCULATE it. No problem. 15 or 17, whatever, it's all the same. :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria