Looking for any LISK (Long Island Serial Killer) updates

I refuse to believe that the cops don't know who killed Shannon Gilbert, they just don't have the evidence or are corrupt. I hope it's not corruption.

The SCPD has continuously parroted the theory that she "succumbed to the elements"

This is direct from NBC (Eerie Crime Scene Photo Offers 1st Public Insight Into Possible Gilgo Beach Killer)

"At his own press conference at Suffolk County Police Department headquarters ahead of investigators' briefing Thursday, Ray condemned the police department for an "inadequate and negligent job" of trying to track down the killer or killers of Gilbert and the other women. He accused Suffolk County of covering up the facts, as he has previously, and vehemently dismissed cops' longtime contention that Gilbert died of "natural causes" while being lost in the swamp after fleeing some unknown threat."
As far as corruption, it is well documented that there is plenty in Suffolk. Whether it's simply corruption or incompetence or a combination of both, there is no doubt they botched this to the nth degree.

Hi All,

Relatively new to WebSleuths here but not new to the sleuthing game in general. I have some background in forensics (forensic anthropology to be exact) but am now a full time researcher (not crime related).

I wanted to start a thread on the LISK case because it has always stuck with me since I heard of it and there are just too many pieces for this case to add up. I was hoping to create a space for sleuths to come together and discuss what they know/think about this case in hopes of generating some new activity!

Below are links to some of the unidentified persons that were found in connection to the LISK just for your reference. I find it interesting that the UNID'd asian male that was found in Gilgo Beach has his COD as "homicide by blunt force trauma" while the others don't list COD other than simply Homicide.

This could be explained by state of decomp and inability to determine COD if it was soft tissue trauma or because of the dismemberment which might make something like determining manual strangulation difficult. I just find the violence of the "blow to the head" (which would have been determined by maybe fracturing/splintering of the skull or staining on the inside of the skull cavity) seems different than the others in a meaningful way. If the Gilgo 4 were strangled (an act which we know to be intensely personal and often times sexual ) the anger that is seen in the blunt force trauma seems like it is almost a different kind of anger. I also haven't been able to track down COD for other unidentified victims found in Gilgo/Jones beach area?

Just food for thought!

Happy Hunting (seriously lets get this piece of *advertiser censored*)

151UFNY
1047UFNY
1019UFNY
605UFNY
1323UFNY
2864UMNY

Hi All,

Relatively new to WebSleuths here but not new to the sleuthing game in general. I have some background in forensics (forensic anthropology to be exact) but am now a full time researcher (not crime related).

I wanted to start a thread on the LISK case because it has always stuck with me since I heard of it and there are just too many pieces for this case to add up. I was hoping to create a space for sleuths to come together and discuss what they know/think about this case in hopes of generating some new activity!

Below are links to some of the unidentified persons that were found in connection to the LISK just for your reference. I find it interesting that the UNID'd asian male that was found in Gilgo Beach has his COD as "homicide by blunt force trauma" while the others don't list COD other than simply Homicide.

This could be explained by state of decomp and inability to determine COD if it was soft tissue trauma or because of the dismemberment which might make something like determining manual strangulation difficult. I just find the violence of the "blow to the head" (which would have been determined by maybe fracturing/splintering of the skull or staining on the inside of the skull cavity) seems different than the others in a meaningful way. If the Gilgo 4 were strangled (an act which we know to be intensely personal and often times sexual ) the anger that is seen in the blunt force trauma seems like it is almost a different kind of anger. I also haven't been able to track down COD for other unidentified victims found in Gilgo/Jones beach area?

Just food for thought!

Happy Hunting (seriously lets get this piece of ****)

151UFNY
1047UFNY
1019UFNY
605UFNY
1323UFNY
2864UMNY
This case troubles me as well. So many lives cut short. The Asian male really threw a loop. Was he a cross dresser who was picked up? The other thing is Baby for. Why was she found so far away from her mother? What was her approximate age?

Yes, Police indicated in January 2020 they found a belt they think is related to the killer and that they are no longer certain that Shannon Gilbert was not a victim of homicide. Long Island Serial Killer : New Evidence Gilgo Beach Murders Update. - Market News
Who's belt hm wh could I be the doctor
I refuse to believe that the cops don't know who killed Shannon Gilbert, they just don't have the evidence or are corrupt. I hope it's not corruption.[/QUOTE

Many articles I read yesterday, mostly from this site (I can’t post the link to the times article- I guess it’s too old) they do mention bags- and when they started profiling him said he must have a job or something with access to burlap SACKS- maybe it was wrong but I went back last night and found a lot about the “bags” so I didn’t make that up
The belt has initials someone who was vacationing in that island and the doctor know something

Yes, Police indicated in January 2020 they found a belt they think is related to the killer and that they are no longer certain that Shannon Gilbert was not a victim of homicide. Long Island Serial Killer : New Evidence Gilgo Beach Murders Update. - Market News
The belt the initials mean something either the guys job or his name. Records of people renting the properties as well as guests rich John's coming to this guy's house to party. Shannon ran for her life and did not get into her driver's car she is the key to solving these crimes. The Dr knows what happened

I was thinking, maybe this is a repeat John- why else would they leave their phone at the request of a John? Maybe they felt comfortable enough with him?
The driver knows more than he said as does the John. I think the John was having a sex party with a large amount of rich guys and the doctor is on on it too. The police may have been at the party as well. At the drs office house he had pics of the various police up on the wall vac at his place on the island. That would explain why it took over an HR for the police to respond to the 911 call. They were already there participating at the sex party. Dr helped dispose of the body police never looked in the marsh until forced to by the mother and public outcry. Police cover up

Yes SCPD is corrupt but Bittrolf was convicted on DNA, the way they got him was coincidental. Bittrolf is not a fall guy, he's an evil guy.

The Feds should have all eyes on him, a lot of times these guys can't keep their mouth shut in prison. Not only should they be shaking down any known associates in prison for information but they should also be interviewing him.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that he was only guilty of the 3 bodies (I know he was convicted on 2) ... they should determine who else he killed so they can allocate their resources accordingly. If they could positively link some of the bodies on LI to Bittrolf, they can narrow their focus on the others.
I think it's a sex group that used the rich guys house for parties Dr is in on it too

-Where was the belt found? They never said if it had anything to do with Shannon or the other victims
- I read somewhere that she would get her calls from Johns on a burner phone. Was that ever recovered? And if not thats suspect because her purse and other cell phone was found.
- Money wasn't found either and she was with there for three hours, doubt she would be there that long without payment.
She ran out because they tried to kill her at the house she was at and she got away and was chased

He called the families victims. The only other serial killers that used a phone were the Weepy Sounder and the Zodiac. He likely is very intelligent and educated. He is likely by now 40+ years old. Very tall and physically very strong. Since he has been in hiatus either he is in prison. Deceased or relocated to somewhere else.

I was very intrigued to find this new thread as I have also been following these crimes and am constantly pondering them. Asian male, hmm.... I am remembering something that happened to a male friend who was in the military at the time. He was out with buddies and met a woman and brought her back to his motel room where he discovered it was actually a young man. Now he was simply embarrassed and the young guy left but a violent predator may have had a different reaction, perhaps the blunt force trauma. Just a thought.

It's not bithroff .
The real killer did not want to have sex with these girls
I'm beginning to believe bithroff was set up, maybe
I agree. I believe Bithroff was at these sex parties on Gilgo island and had sex with the girls. He also knew the cops that were present at these sex parties .That is how he ended up having his semen on one of the victims. He was framed by the cops at the parties. Burke is also involved. Gilbert was not looked for in the marsh until months later after her body would have been very decomposed. Also when she called it took an hour for the police to show up. That is because the police on duty were at the sex party that Shannon went to. The Dr on the Island is also involved in these sex parties given by wealthy people who vac on the island . The neighbors knew parties were going on because they refused to really help in the investigation. Most serial killers love to brag about their kills and will give details. Bithroff refuses to talk and make tai s he did not do it.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but just incase it wasn't here I rant lol.

Years back, a tattoo artist came forward as doing the tattoo for Peaches doe, he stated she was originally from New York, but had stayed in Connecticut due to issues with her boyfriend.

In the podcast, Maureens friend Sarah stated she had a call from a Connecticut number two weeks after Maureen went missing. The call was odd because he was able to describe Maureen almost perfectly, and he had lied about Maureens disappearance stating she was at a *advertiser censored* house when in fact she was deceased. Also let's not forget the ferry that goes from Long Island to Connecticut...

I guess I'm wondering has anyone ever addressed the connections to Connecticut? Or am I late on this train lol

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back