Looking for podcast recommendations

Discussion in 'PODCAST ROW' started by Tuffgong, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mrfrinkles

mrfrinkles Active Member

I could not agree more. The Vanished is well crafted and Marissa Jones delivery of the shows content is brilliant. This is my go to on long drives.

2. Jinkasaurus

Jinkasaurus Well-Known Member

For those who like the Vanished, you might want to check out Unfound. It has become one of my favorites. Its has a very consistent format - introduce a missing person's case and then a long, unedited interview with a family member of the missing person. Some of the episodes end up being more than two hours.

In my personal opinion, the host of the show is very committed to the families he interviews. From his very first episode, he put the focus on the family of the missing and letting them tell the story (rather than telling their story himself).

The very first time I listened to an episode of Unfound, I thought the host sounded a bit like a used-car salesman or something. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep listening. But I stuck around and listened to a few episodes, and that is when I came to realize that the host has a ton of empathy for these families, and he doesn't try to put himself into the story. He does promote the heck out of his show via social media, but he does not put his ego into the stories of the missing.

I didn't expect myself to become such a fan of the show, but I really enjoy the long interviews which go into so much detail and allow the family members to tell their story. I also appreciate the host's interviewing style - he is very respectful and empathic towards his guests.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  3. Gardenista

Gardenista On Time Out

4. joejs89

joejs89 Member

Not really a True Crime Podcast but the title, "This Podcast Will Kill You", jumped out at me. The Podcasters describe diseases that once took many lives and even some diseases that continue to do so today. Podcasters are lovely and quite funny at times. Cheers.

flute4peace, MsArk, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  5. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Murder In Oregon is a new one.

And, there's Radio Rental (not true crime) - it's different and entertainingly semi-creepy.

joejs89 and roche.analisa like this.
  6. fred&edna

Urge To Kill, Lot B12

roche.analisa likes this.
  7. fred&edna

Seduced By Satan is another one I've recently discovered. NC case about Pazuzu Algarad.

roche.analisa likes this.
  8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

Fourth suspect is identified in unsolved 1965 murder of white civil rights activist | Daily Mail Online

musicaljoke likes this.
  9. LAMARQ

LAMARQ Active Member

I listen to:

True crime garage
    Crime junkie
    Upstate unsolved (upstate N.Y. specific)
    Serial
    Cold
    Root of evil
    Psychic on the scene (local upstate N.Y. psychic)
    Websleuths (haven't listened yet but discovered)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    fred&edna likes this.
  10. Ann764

Ann764 Active Member

Beenham valley road
    The Kirra McCloudghlin story.
    This is unfolding as they release. Was done by two cops that retired but we’re on the secene. They interview mother, family other that were there. Pretty crazy. Only one problem one of the guys got Sick recently so I don’t know what’s going on falling apart a bit but they have finally got a coronal inquest opening .

fred&edna likes this.
  11. Ann764

Ann764 Active Member

The Australian podcast called the lighthouse. Is great too it literally is unfolding each wk to . About missing Belgium teenager backpacking in Australia vanished from Byron bay. Theo hayze

fred&edna, LAMARQ and musicaljoke like this.
  12. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

13. BelleinDixie

BelleinDixie Active Member

I love Generation Why - again, especially the earlier episodes. Casefiles is one of my favorites, Dateline, Minds of Madness and Sword and Scale which is my favorite of all.

fred&edna and MsArk like this.
  14. fred&edna

Season 2 of 3 Men & a Mystery podcast has begun, and here's a link to YT channel: