"Lost" Actor (51) Marries 16 YR Old

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by White Rain, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I was. assuming he had a little moolah since he's an actor.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't. He was 50 when she was 15. To me, that's like saying some old teacher was victimized by a sultry Lolita student of his and we should feel sorry for him for engaging in a relationship with her. He was the adult. She was not. He was not mentally incapacitated and knew right from wrong.

Yes. And she exhibited the behavior some girls who have been molested to hell and back have. The therapist on that show brought that up but Courtney denied it, with shifty eyes, IIRC.

Oh, mom enjoys the spotlight alright. She really engineered this thing if you ask me. She's been pimping her kid since the kid was quite young and getting this old creep to fall for her was just what mommy had been training her for. She hit the jackpot and the kid did what she had been raised to do.

No, for having parents who pimped her from the time she was young.

Reminds me of it too. It's horrible.

True but he sure didn't stop what he was doing when he found out. Gross. And I think the mother engineered the whole thing.

3. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

I tend to agree with you about the overuse of calling every stripper or prostitute a probable victim of sexual abuse. But Courtney acts SO over the top sexual there is something off about it. It reminds me of abused children you hear about that act out sexually. I could be wrong of course, and she is just doing it for attention. But IMO something is just not right with her. I know she's not a child now, but they met when she was 15. That is a child.

4. TexasLori

TexasLori Member

Per the video I posted above, she was 16. I know it's not much of a difference but there is a difference between 15 and 16.

5. Disguiseduser0308

Disguiseduser0308 New Member

We all saw this coming. I don't know what to think about Courtney's history. Something about her just gets under my skin and no, it's not jealousy, Courtney. I can't come up with words for Doug that won't get me banned.

I do believe she was groomed by her parents (especially mom) to be overtly sexual. It would be her ticket to fame. It worked, she was a complete nobody till the marriage to Doug.

Never in my life would I EVER allow a 50+ year old man near my teenage daughter. You couldn't convince me in a million years that this man truly loved her. Nor that she truly loved him. The neurosis in this couple seeps out of their skin.

6. Cherry

Cherry Pie

Let me just say that when he tapped his inner "percy" in The Green Mile, he tapped into something very dark and this character was a freak just as much as he is in real life. I think that charges should hv been filed. He was trolling. The whole thing; the marriage; their weird PDA's this "couple" freaked me out. HE looked like her Gpa or her Father. Sick, JMMHO.:scared:

Maybe once a Percy always a Percy?
    http://www.vidoevo.com/yvideo.php?i=Wk9NOUJmcWuRpbWN3ek0&the-green-mile-percy-and

spoiler: The Death of Percy WETMORE *lol*
    http://www.vidoevo.com/yvideo.php?i=RkViZU9ScWuRpRVd6MWs&death-of-percy-wetmore
    He was bullied in this role; he is short small and cannot take criticism from his co workers or the inmates...

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

You can't file charges on behavior that is legal under the law. Even if you don't like the behavior.

8. Cherry

Cherry Pie

Charges could be filed: endangerment of a child, she was a child at the time; so her mother and father, or her parents....Huge Fail and an F from me....

Oh well now their great "love story" ahem; has come to an end. Sad But True. Next?

9. Snoods

Ah okay, I'd heard they met at 15 and married at 16. Agreed, still a tad young to be married to a 51 yo.

10. Snoods

I found this picture of Courtney Stodden. She looks so sweet and naturally beautiful, doesn't she?

courtney-stodden-2__opt.jpg

11. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

Sad, really. She looks like a cartoon character now. A 35-yr-old one. :(

(No flames, I am older than dirt. But when I was 19, I didn't look 35).

12. Irisha

Irisha New Member

Every picture I see of her she always does a pucker like a trout fish.Just another Trashian ( sold out by mommy) but with bigger fake boobs.:twocents:

13. StrayKat

StrayKat Meowww

She seems to be acting... all the time. I wonder if she made any movies before they met. What is the legal age in Canada?

14. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yes, she does. Truly lovely and sweet.

15. coeurfragile

coeurfragile Active Member

The picture at the top of this age just makes me so sad. Courtney Stodden didn't need to be tarted up. She was absolutely beautiful without all that junk! :(

16. Ausgirl

Ausgirl ...

I could --swear- that at the height of the furore about this relationship, Courtney admitted she was not quite 16 when they started talking.. Ah well, 16 is a (very slightly) better version for all concerned, I suppose.

I think what makes me so sick and angry here is that when I see Stodden's overly sexualised behavior with this much older man - I can't help imagining the horror of it, if that was MY daughter. Not because I think being a sexual (ADULT) is wrong at all, but that her behaviour is self-demeaning and objectifying in so many ways.

She -was- just a teenager, and being the living sex doll of a gropey old man was her proudest moment. I dunno about other mothers, but that's the sort of thing from which I wake up sweating.

17. TexasLori

TexasLori Member

BBM. How was he trolling? They (Courtney's mom and Courtney) found him. Wrong as it is on many levels, it is not him trolling for underage girls when they found him.

18. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Again, you can't charge someone for legal behavior. You can't allow someone to legally marry a 16 year old and then charge that someone with a crime. There is no crime if it's legal for him to marry her.

19. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Makes it no less immoral, vile and disgusting.

The whole thing makes me sick.

I trust her parents aren't in the running for that Mom & Dad of the Year Award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

Slavery used to be legal, too. And beating one's own children; sometimes to death.

I agree that what is legal is not always what is moral or right. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.