Resolved KY - Louisville, skeletal remains, UP67487, Iroquois Park, Jan 2020 - Name withheld

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Human remains found in Louisville park

By Sarah Jackson | January 1, 2020 at 6:33 PM EST - Updated January 2 at 11:52 AM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) – Louisville Metro police are investigating after human remains were found in a park.

The remains were found in Iroquois Park around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, according to LMPD spokesman Lamont Washington. Police confirmed the remains were human on Thursday.

Washington said the bones appeared weathered.

The LMPD Homicide Unit is investigating along with the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office and the Medical Examiner’s Office.

#

UPDATE: Police confirm that remains found in Iroquois Park are human

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Louisville Metro Police Department has confirmed that remains found in Iroquois Park Wednesday night are indeed human.

Snip

The bones were quite weathered. These types of investigations are often a lengthy process. This is all we are releasing at this time."

#

bbm

I've only ever cycled in Iroquois Park but a friend and I were talking about the remains today. He said there a a number of hiking paths that are overgrown and somewhat forgotten. I don't think they've said where in the park the remains were found but it seems like it would be very easy to NOT find them when people were searching for Andrea. And while it could be any of these missing people, it could be a homeless person. No matter who it is, I hope they get their name back.

The bones probably wouldn't be that weathered from November to January. The remains probably wouldn't even be completely completely skeletal by then.

I agree on the weathering. I do think the bones could be skeletonized even in a short period of time. The winter for the region was unusually mild. MOO Whoever's bones they are, I hope they are identified soon. Their friends and loved ones need answers.

I agree on the weathering. I do think the bones could be skeletonized even in a short period of time. The winter for the region was unusually mild. MOO Whoever's bones they are, I hope they are identified soon. Their friends and loved ones need answers.

Totally agree, and yes, a warmer winter would speed decamp for sure. Fingers crossed for answers soon.

Now in Namus as UP 67487 - adult male with dark hair, no estimated PMI given.

Case Numbers

ME/C Case Number KY ME20-0013
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found January 2, 2020
NamUs Case Created March 23, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Louisville, Kentucky 40214
CountyJefferson County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found in Iroquois Park

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color - Brown
Head Hair Description - Remnants of dark brown hair, approximately 2" recovered
Body Hair Description - Dark pubic hairs recovered

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing - Apparent size “L” shirt bearing a “Polo Jeans Co Ralph Lauren Trademark” label, fragments of blue size 33 x 30, “original fit” jeans bearing a “Polo Jeans Co Ralph Lauren Trademark” label, darkly-stained knit underwear with an elastic band labeled with “Hanes”

Footwear - black leather slip-on left shoe with Velcro straps size 9W which bears a label with the words “Thom McAn”
Near the Body

Now in Namus as UP 67487 - adult male with dark hair, no estimated PMI given.

Case Numbers

ME/C Case Number KY ME20-0013
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found January 2, 2020
NamUs Case Created March 23, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Louisville, Kentucky 40214
CountyJefferson County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found in Iroquois Park

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color - Brown
Head Hair Description - Remnants of dark brown hair, approximately 2" recovered
Body Hair Description - Dark pubic hairs recovered

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing - Apparent size “L” shirt bearing a “Polo Jeans Co Ralph Lauren Trademark” label, fragments of blue size 33 x 30, “original fit” jeans bearing a “Polo Jeans Co Ralph Lauren Trademark” label, darkly-stained knit underwear with an elastic band labeled with “Hanes”

Footwear - black leather slip-on left shoe with Velcro straps size 9W which bears a label with the words “Thom McAn”
Near the Body

Thank you for sharing.

I noticed no approximate age listed, or did I miss it?

Anyone else find those shoes out of place with the rest of the clothing? Could it be the perp's shoe? (We can hope, right?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back