Found Deceased Luis Alejandro Chueder Ramon, 27, Kidnapped for Ransom, Philadelphia, 19 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DakotaMayi

Former Member
Reaction score
DgzeBluX4AMWzRY.jpg

Police: Man Kidnapped In Broad Daylight, Held For Ransom

Philadelphia police say a man was kidnapped in broad daylight last week in North Philadelphia and held for ransom. Police are asking for help in finding 27-year-old Luis Alejandro Chueder Ramon and the men who abducted him.

The victim is a landlord and bar owner from Bucks County.

When we did get inside there we did see obvious signs of a struggle that occurred inside that location along with a significant amount of blood inside there,” said Philadelphia Police SVU Capt. Mark Burgmann.

Police need help in identifying three cars – a blue Lincoln Navigator, a blue Volkswagen and a silver Lexus – and who the vehicles belong to.

Police: Man Kidnapped In Broad Daylight, Held For Ransom

Oh no, his wife actually met with them and paid the ransom before reporting him missing. She is lucky that they didn't abduct or kill her since no one knew what she was doing. Now they have no reason to return him - how awful!

Oh my God, that is terrifying news. Maybe they will hold out for more money, and he will be able to be rescued or released. This seems like something you'd hear about from Colombia, not the USA.

Being kidnapped and held for ransom is becoming more and more frequent lately. Or, at least we are hearing about it more again.

I agree, the crime has been historically rare in the United States. But, kidnapping for ransom is common in Mexico, Central America, Columbia etc. Sadly, i think most of the perpetrators have ties to these countries and are simply engaging in a criminal activity whose concepts they are familiar with.

As a side note, there was a tragic kidnapping in Dallas several years ago that was centered on a member of a prominent restaurant family (owned several large and very successful Mexican / Latin restaurants) being kidnapped by a former employee working with a group of criminals.

The kidnapping was very poorly thought out and the group gave themselves away "Key Stone Cop" style. Despite being obviously identified, and the family willing to pay the ransom, they still murdered the victim.

I agree, the crime has been historically rare in the United States. But, kidnapping for ransom is common in Mexico, Central America, Columbia etc. Sadly, i think most of the perpetrators have ties to these countries and are simply engaging in a criminal activity whose concepts they are familiar with.

As a side note, there was a tragic kidnapping in Dallas several years ago that was centered on a member of a prominent restaurant family (owned several large and very successful Mexican / Latin restaurants) being kidnapped by a former employee working with a group of criminals.

The kidnapping was very poorly thought out and the group gave themselves away "Key Stone Cop" style. Despite being obviously identified, and the family willing to pay the ransom, they still murdered the victim.

I wonder what happens in times where they ask for a ransom and then kill the victim? Is it just that they don't care enough to keep them alive once they have their money, or did the victim see too much and they knew they would never get away with it. Either way, so awful for all involved.

I wonder what happens in times where they ask for a ransom and then kill the victim? Is it just that they don't care enough to keep them alive once they have their money, or did the victim see too much and they knew they would never get away with it. Either way, so awful for all involved.

I think the motives for murdering the victim after ransom payment can be grouped into two broad categories:

1. From the beginning, the kidnappers intend to kill the victim to avoid identification.

2. The kidnappers are amateurs whose goal is not to kill the victim, but simply collect the ransom. But... when their poorly thought out kidnapping scheme starts to collapse, they kill the victim in a panic to avoid being identified.

Of these two broad motives, I think motive '2' is far more common in the United States.

Police release photos of suspects in kidnapping of local businessman
vlcsnap-2018-06-28-17h25m39s33_1530221161659_5725869_ver1.0_640_360.png

I think he probably died the day he went missing.

One always has to wonder in these cases. Not saying this is the case here at all, but one way of getting rid of a spouse would be to hire others to kidnap and kill that person, with the "ransom" money being the killers' planned payment.

Cynical? Moi?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksheffy1994
Back