Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another of Lawyers Fax ~ Better shot of text content
tumblr_inline_ndipjmibvP1s5uckq.jpg

Christie Blatchford's take on the lawyer email...

On July 1, a Toronto lawyer named Raphael Feldstein sent Mr. Paradiso a fax, telling him “You may find what you’re looking for by following these directions,” which in turn directed him to an area of tall grass, off a path, near a pond in Montreal’s Angrigon Park.

(Though the jurors heard no explanation for the letter, it would appear to be an instance of a lawyer finding himself burdened with so-called “smoking gun” information and doing the right thing with it.)

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ts-about-him-when-he-was-on-the-lam-in-paris/

She also points out in the article that by the time Montreal police had gotten to Berlin, LM had already been in touch with a lawyer and was exercising his right to silence. So perhaps it was this lawyer that he had been allowed to contact from Berlin?

MOO

Sorry...my internet went down during that last break and just came up now. It will be intermittent all day apparently but I'll try to get the tweets posted. Lori Holmoka? I was only half kidding. LOL I guess they didn't need to call Karla because Renee Bordelais is a made up name. Looks like he was just digging for French names to me. :giggle:
I was also only half joking, too. I mean, it is good for the jury to know the significance of the names. Although, I am not too sure 'Renee Bordelais' is made up. There is one in Longueuil Quebec, and I believe that was the return address he used? Of course he could have picked a random Bordelais... but maybe he didn't.

And once again Leclair asks really stupid questions. There is no need for him to cross examine every single witness that gets up there to re-iterate what they've already told the prosecution and to delve into their personal lives...just because.

It's like a vendetta against every witness. Does Lori Homolka need for people to know that she works at Zehrs and Bass Pro in Kitchener? She's been through enough. She had to change her name for cripes sake. Dragging that out of her is just mean spirited and has nothing to do with the case IMO.

I agree, this is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. All she needed to do was 1) confirm she is Karla's sister and 2) confirm that the address used was indeed hers and 3) deny sending it. The end. No need for her employment history, hair colour, how much she looks like her sister, why she changed her name in 1996 (kind of obvious!), what she ate for breakfast, etc. It should have been kept short and to the point. She has been through enough.

I was trying to organise the tweets when I ran out of time and had to leave, so thanks for posting!

Luka Magnotta case: Defence laywer resigned

By Katherine Wilton, The Gazette March 14, 2013

MONTREAL — A lawyer from Luka Magnotta’s defence team resigned abruptly on Wednesday shortly after the court began to discuss whether he was in a potential conflict of interest.....

The announcement was made after Crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier raised the issue of a possible conflict of interest if Feldstein remained at the defence table.

The Gazette cannot report on the reason for the alleged conflict of interest because it is covered by a publication ban, as is all the evidence presented at the preliminary hearing, which was in its third day at the Montreal courthouse.

Before Feldstein stepped aside, Magnotta’s senior lawyer, Luc Leclair, was overcome with emotion as he tried to inform the judge that Feldstein was about to step down.

Leclair became choked up and had to sit down to compose himself. Security guards cleared the courtroom as they checked on Leclair’s well-being.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/story.html?id=8089931

Did we ever see any of those return addresses he put on the packages? And were they all sent from that Jean Coutu postal outlet at the same time?

Luka Magnotta case: Defence laywer resigned

By Katherine Wilton, The Gazette March 14, 2013

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/story.html?id=8089931
He got emotional when the other lawyer resigned? Really? He is an interesting man, I simply do not understand him! :)

Did we ever see any of those return addresses he put on the packages? And were they all sent from that Jean Coutu postal outlet at the same time?
I don't think the full addresses were reported, but I do recall seeing cities when I was looking for the names. I know for sure I saw the city of Chretien and Valentini. I am pretty sure, but NOT positive, that I also noticed a city. In Quebec. But I can't recall as I was not paying attention to that. As for the packages, I think they were sent from two different locations. That is a lot of effort...

He got emotional when the other lawyer resigned? Really? He is an interesting man, I simply do not understand him! :)

I don't think the full addresses were reported, but I do recall seeing cities when I was looking for the names. I know for sure I saw the city of Chretien and Valentini. I am pretty sure, but NOT positive, that I also noticed a city. In Quebec. But I can't recall as I was not paying attention to that. As for the packages, I think they were sent from two different locations. That is a lot of effort...

So Feldstein was on the case originally. And he is in Toronto? How did that come about? Is legal aid paying for Leclair? I would assume he's indigent. How did LM have a "team" of lawyers on legal aid? Pro bono because they thought they'd get famous from this? Not in Canada silly lawyers.

So are we going to see evidence on other mailing locations? I'm sure the tweets said only two boxes were mailed from that outlet.

MOO

Ok, I found this in the other thread. Originally posted by sillybilly:

@MontgomerySue · 42s43 seconds ago
Jury being shown box sent to federal Conservatives. inside, is a hand drawn, large black heart. return address is Longueuil

@SGirouxCTV · 24s25 seconds ago
Now showing the box sent to #CPC under pseudonym R Bordelais

@MontgomerySue · 55s55 seconds ago
Box was mailed from Canada Post outlet in Snowdon

@sleeCJAD · 26s26 seconds ago
Addressed to the Conservative Party of Canada. Return addressee Rene Bordelais. Shown to the jury

There is a Renee Bordelais in Longueuil, if one simply googles "renee bordelais". "Rene" is yet another of Magnotta's spelling errors (he misspelled Laureen, and Hubert, also). I wonder if this person will also be a witness.

Magnotta has victimised way too many people. So horrible.

See I'm thinking that he sent the two boxes to the Liberals and Conservatives using the Renee Bordelais name from that postal outlet in the drug store. But he sent the other two boxes via some other postal outlet that perhaps LE did not find or figure out? So that's why they had to bring the other two people in to confirm that they, in fact, did not send them?

See I'm thinking that he sent the two boxes to the Liberals and Conservatives using the Renee Bordelais name from that postal outlet in the drug store. But he sent the other two boxes via some other postal outlet that perhaps LE did not find or figure out? So that's why they had to bring the other two people in to confirm that they, in fact, did not send them?

You could be right. I guess we will find out eventually. I hope. I can't see Leclair NOT bringing up LE not finding a postal outlet, to show incompetence or whatever. Then again, you never really know with him. He is quite interested in scuba classes and the hair colour of women. And sexual habits of witnesses.

I bet LM regrets not using Karla Holmolka's name on one of the packages. Then maybe she'd be the one testifying! :facepalm::rolleyes:

I bet LM regrets not using Karla Holmolka's name on one of the packages. Then maybe she'd be the one testifying! :facepalm::rolleyes:

Well he kind of did. Her last name anyway. But it's pretty unlikely he had her address. ;)

Well he kind of did. Her last name anyway. But it's pretty unlikely he had her address. ;)

Probably not, but that is what I imagined going through his head when her sister actually testified.

ETA: Although, I imagine any person from her world is a sufficient connection for him. You just know he's loving this.

Probably not, but that is what I imagined going through his head when her sister actually testified.

ETA: Although, I imagine any person from her world is a sufficient connection for him. You just know he's loving this.

LOL..I knew that's what you meant. Maybe that's why he asked his lawyer to find out if Karla still looks like her sister. ;)

Yeah...I can just picture him sitting there thinking if he only had some internet access he could be discussing the news that Karla's back in Quebec with his "all things Karla" forum buddies. :rolleyes:

MOO

I kind of wonder if he was stalking her, or attempting to stalk her, around Quebec. Perhaps the Bordelais address he used is a relative of her husband?

I kind of wonder if he was stalking her, or attempting to stalk her, around Quebec. Perhaps the Bordelais address he used is a relative of her husband?

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of moving to Montreal to commit this crime so you may be on to something. Does anyone know if he had ever lived in Montreal prior to this? Why did he choose this area to commit this crime? Had he ever lived there previously?

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of moving to Montreal to commit this crime so you may be on to something. Does anyone know if he had ever lived in Montreal prior to this? Why did he choose this area to commit this crime? Had he ever lived there previously?

Good questions. I don't think we really KNOW where he has been. There are a lot of places he CLAIMS he has been, but none of it is verified. The only location that is verified is the GTA, as far as I am concerned (prior to the murder in Montreal)

Hi all, I've been lurking too long, thought I should start posting. This case is actually what caused me to discover this website over two long years ago.

Here's a quote from one of his blogs: http://watching-karla-homolka-yuku.blogspot.ca/

"She then wanted to write a book, but she quickly realized that NOBODY cared, the media doesnt care about her and nobody even wants to interview the piece of trash nobody.
We need to contact every media outlet and expose her-- so she doesnt manipulate them into interviewing her.
She is desperately trying to publish her book --because she knows if she does that then she would get notoriety and Karla wll have no choice but to acknowledge her."

This was 6 months before the murder, around the time the prosecution say he began planning it. It stuck out to me that he seemed extremely jealous Karla Homolka may acknowledge someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix