Lyons Sisters Q & A

Unfortunately, the grand jury will probably not share enough info with you for that, and the people who can help you, but are not on the grand jury, have already lawyered up! You will probably have to wait for court.

I'm new to Websleuths, but not new to the case of the Lyon sisters, having lived in the Silver Spring area for many years. From reading the posts here, I know that these missing children have haunted many of us for so long.
I have two questions:
First, Does anyone know if the old buildings and grounds of the old Walter Reed Annex were ever searched for any evidence of the young girls' having been there, maybe killed there? News articles several years ago indicated that Lloyd Welch had frequented the area around the 'castle.' Perhaps he also was familiar with some of the other old buildings there?
Second, Has anyone heard a time-frame in 1975 noted when Welch turned up at Taylor's mountain with several bags smelling of death? Like a month of the year? Was wondering how long after the abduction that this happened.
Thanks for any answers.

I believe Lloyd Welch's cousin, Connie Akers, remembers him showing up in the Spring of 1975 with the two army style duffle bags that her brother helped Lloyd remove from the trunk of the car and throw on to a fire that burned for several days and smelled like death/burning flesh/cremation. I think I read somewhere that it was between March 25th-April 15th, 1975.
You make a good point about the old buildings at the old Walter Reed Annex. Perhaps LE has searched there. I am sure more and more details will continue to come out as this case continues to move forward.

http://www.wset.com/story/29709160/welch-nephews-allegedly-tie-uncle-to-lyon-sisters-case

Wes Justice is apparently the nephew of Richard Allen Welch. A resident of Calvert County and "ear witness" to an alleged admission from RAW about the assault and murder of the girls.

Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. is now stating that his father LLW SR was a participant in the sexual assault and slayings.

The second nephew of RAW, Thomas Teddy Welch who was 10 or 11 at the time has also claimed to have remembered seeing the Lyon sisters with other Welch family members.

Getting stranger.

Wes Justice is listed on several cases on the MD court case website as having the full name of Wesley Dexter Morgan Justice.

A few traffic convictions and misdemeanors that he beat are all that are there. Does not sound like a violent criminal.

Wes Justice is listed on several cases on the MD court case website as having the full name of Wesley Dexter Morgan Justice.

A few traffic convictions and misdemeanors that he beat are all that are there. Does not sound like a violent criminal.

Give Wes credit for having the courage to do the right thing and tell what he knows to LE.

Wes Justice is the younger brother of Dollie Justice Estep of Thaxton, VA who said last Fall that "two of her uncles had been implicated in the disappearance of two sisters from MD."

Wes was only 9 years old in 1975. He is one of the 5 males out of Ruth's 9 children and lived in East Riverdale, MD at the time, less than 2 miles from RAW1 and LLW2. True, his record is fairly unremarkable, especially when compared to some of his brothers. You would have to read the criminal cases for perspective. Two quick highlights; one brother is a registered sex offender and another is in a Bedford jail awaiting trial for abduction and armed robbery.

Give Wes credit for having the courage to do the right thing and tell what he knows to LE.

Wes Justice is the younger brother of Dollie Justice Estep of Thaxton, VA who said last Fall that "two of her uncles had been implicated in the disappearance of two sisters from MD."

Wes was only 9 years old in 1975. He is one of the 5 males out of Ruth's 9 children and lived in East Riverdale, MD at the time, less than 2 miles from RAW1 and LLW2. True, his record is fairly unremarkable, especially when compared to some of his brothers. You would have to read the criminal cases for perspective. Two quick highlights; one brother is a registered sex offender and another is in a Bedford jail awaiting trial for abduction and armed robbery.

Thank you for the excellent research on Wes Justice for this site. Dollie Estep was very supportive as far as the vigil for the Lyon Sisters, but
then again, removes an entire FB post when asked a direct question. There is another registered sex offender in jail, who has not yet been brought forward and is part of this murderous crew. You are also correct in your past statement noting not all members post explicit details on a public forum.
( Nothing like giving the bad guy a "leg up" so to speak.) I have already gone to LE, they are doing an excellent job but an interview with an investigator reminds me of- the big kid at school who takes my popsicle, sucks out all the colorful information and hands me back ice on a stick. None of my questions answered, I seek out the collective conscience here. The devil is in the details, and your dedication is appreciated.

Your information is greatly appreciated, however are you under a gag order not to discuss the case?

As nearly as I can tell, no gag order has been issued by any judge. Advice from one's attorney to refuse any discussion (usually to avoid being charged) is NOT the same thing as an order from a judge. Intimidation is so uncool.

Tracy (Winford ) Justice, Clarence Justice, Wes Justice and James Justice all used to reside on 63rd Ave in Riverdale MD, at one time or another. In Ruth Justice's obit Winford Justice is referred to as "Tracy". Here is the press release.

http://bedfordcountysheriff.org/tha...damage-to-phone-lines-to-prevent-911-calling/

Suggestion: First Read "The Last Stone" by Mark Bowden, then think "C.D."

Suggestion: First Read "The Last Stone" by Mark Bowden, then think "C.D."

Ray Mileski in his correspondence with another researcher claimed that the person who was responsible for the abduction of the Lyon Sisters was a man he referred to only as "C.D." whom he claimed to have met "in the pen".

What was the connection to C.D. that you found in Mr. Bowden's book?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back