VERDICT WATCH MA - Alexis Avery, 20, stabbed 28 times by STBX, *911 confession* Westfield, MA 11 JAN 2019

TrinityNana

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good
Reaction score
I looked and didn't find this posted yet. Please forgive me if this is a duplicate and delete accordingly. This is local to me and I remember the news reports at the time. Trial began this week and it's pretty heartbreaking. They had a baby girl together, Darla and Alexis' Mom is now raising her.

In 2021 Blake Scanlon was also brought up on charges that he plotted to kill the prosecutor and a witness in the case.

Apologies again if this is a duplicate, I'm a newbie and still trying to get my bearings. :)

Watched the trial today. I didn’t realize how young she was. So sad. What is this guy’s defense? He confessed to killing her on the 911 call.

Watched the trial today. I didn’t realize how young she was. So sad. What is this guy’s defense? He confessed to killing her on the 911 call.
Based on his defense attorneys opening statements, it looks like they're going to make an argument for something like a 'crime of passion', perhaps? They seem like they are looking for a 'not guilty' on the most serious charges.

I'm curious to see how they present this defense, it is definitely an uphill battle for them.

Imho.

Last edited:
I think this is the fastest murder trial I’ve ever seen
Heh. Well, this is Massachusetts, after all. Lizzie Borden trial went on for three weeks and the jury came back inside of 90 minutes #oddfolksindeed

Guilty of First Degree murder! Not a shocker, but very appropriate and the only downside here is that he'll be housed by the MA taxpayers for a very long time instead of the more favorable sentence for the crime of murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back