MA - Alleged Serial Rapist, Attorney Matthew Nilo, 35, Arrested Due To Genetic Genealogy, 2023 June 1

"As for the collection of my client’s DNA, we will be filing a motion to suppress the illegal seizure of his DNA, which was done without a warrant."
LOL. what's he gonna do, try to ban genealogy?

"As for the collection of my client’s DNA, we will be filing a motion to suppress the illegal seizure of his DNA, which was done without a warrant."
LOL. what's he gonna do, try to ban genealogy?
Ok then, counselor, how about your client gives us DNA now to prove his innocence? We’ll even let him swab his own mouth right here in the courtroom!

Jmo

I also decided to look up sexual assault cases in San Francisco during the time NM was a student at the University of San Francisco School of Law. I don't know exactly where he was living in SF at that time, but there are a few cases that sound very similar to the attacks in Boston, but one in particular caught my eye:

July 30, 2013: A woman was approached by an unknown man in a vehicle while she was walking near California Street and 30th Avenue [NOTE: this location is roughly a 10-minute drive from USF Law School]. The man struck up a conversation with her and asked for directions to the Legion of Honor and asked her to get in the car with him so she could show him the way. He then drove her to the dead end of El Camino Del Mar and sexually assaulted her after locking the car doors. The woman described the suspect as white, 25 to 28 years old, about 5-foot-8 and 170 pounds with a wide nose. The sketch of the suspect based on the woman's description of her attacker looks similar to older photos of MN (side-by-side comparison below).
View attachment 434516View attachment 434517
Sketch of San Francisco rape suspect (left); Photo of Matthew Nilo circa 2007-2008 (right, from WCVB)

holy mackeral!!!

parents? there had to be something wrong with him right from the beginning IMO
He strikes me as a narcissistic psychopath. I commented earlier on how efficient he was at committing these rapes, given his age. We’re not talking some slobbering frat boy who takes advantage of someone while intoxicated. These were extremely well-planned attacks.

If he’d been moved by a desire to kill , rather than rape, we’d be talking about a new Ted Bundy.

Here to ask in case anyone has any answers… Is MN currently being monitored by an ankle bracelet as he was prior?

ABC News reported that he has to continue wearing it: "Nilo, with his fiancée standing by him, will remain free for the time being with a GPS tracker. He can return to New Jersey where he lives." Police questioned serial rape suspect Matthew Nilo about sexual assault during 2008 marijuana arrest: DA's office

The Boston Globe said that "prosecutors were not seeking a dangerousness hearing because 'these are attacks that happened quite some time ago. At this point in time, we don’t believe that he poses a threat or danger to the community.'”

ABC News reported that he has to continue wearing it: "Nilo, with his fiancée standing by him, will remain free for the time being with a GPS tracker. He can return to New Jersey where he lives." Police questioned serial rape suspect Matthew Nilo about sexual assault during 2008 marijuana arrest: DA's office

The Boston Globe said that "prosecutors were not seeking a dangerousness hearing because 'these are attacks that happened quite some time ago. At this point in time, we don’t believe that he poses a threat or danger to the community.'”
It amazes me that prosecutors are letting him walk around… Just because he committed these offenses along time ago doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t have continued to do so, and we just haven’t found those cases yet! I’m not a criminologist or a psychiatrist, but I’d be surprised if somebody is suddenly cured of these urges.

Moo

Last edited:
It amazes me that prosecutors are letting him walk around… Just because he committed these offenses along time ago doesn’t mean that he would continue to do so, and we just haven’t found those cases yet! I’m not a criminologist or a psychiatrist, but I’d be surprised if somebody is suddenly cured of these urges.

Moo
Should anyone be worried about something related to or on the lines of statute of limitations? God I hope not.

Should anyone be worried about something related to or on the lines of statute of limitations? God I hope not.

Though MA has a 15 year statute of limitation on rape, and assault with the intent to commit rape, that begins ticking with the commission of the crime, there is a qualifier within MA law that says that
"Any period during which the defendant is not usually and publicly a resident within the commonwealth shall
be excluded in determining the time limit. Mass Gen. Laws ch. 277, § 63." Criminal Statutes of Limitations Massachusetts - RAINN https://apps.rainn.org/policy/policy-crime-definitions-export.cfm?state=Massachusetts&group=7

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that the years he lived in WI, CA, and NJ are the reason that the legal proceedings in some of the charges that are a little older than 15 years are apparently proceeding.

I wish they'd get rid of the statute of limitation on SA. It's not the victims' faults if the kits aren't processed for years or if the perpetrator doesn't have DNA in the database yet. They still deserve justice if their case can be proven later.

Agree. That and the sentence needs to be life in prison.

Welp.His lawyers were able to get a continuance for the hearing that was set for today.

Halloween and he gets to dress up as himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back