Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

I will shorten this up a bit...

Thursday, February 9th:
*Status Hearing via Zoom (@ am ET) - MA - Ana Walshe (39) was last seen at her home in Cohasset shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day, 1/1/23, Cohasset. She was reported missing Wednesday, 1/4/23 from her employer in Washington D.C. as well as her husband. - Brian R. Walshe (47/now 48) arrested (1/8/23), charged & arraigned (1/9/23) with intimidation/misleading police during the investigation into his wife's disappearance. Bond $5M Surety/$500K Cash. Plead not guilty.
*Re-Charged (1/17/23) & arraigned (1/18/23) with murder, assault to beat Ana with intent to murder & improper transport of body. Plead not guilty. Held without bond pending indictment. Quincy District Court
Case & court info from 1/6/23 thru 1/9/23 reference post #834 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ideshare-to-airport-cohasset-3.657168/page-42

1/17/23: Norfolk DA Michael W. Morrissey announces Walshe is charged with the murder of his wife. Additional details & the evidence relating to the charge will be presented. He is expected to be arraigned as early as tomorrow morning, 1/18/23. Walshe will be transported to the Quincy District Court for arraignment on the charge of murder & improper transport of a body. Law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation said Walshe’s phone pinged at two trash & recycling centers where incinerators were used—one in Abington & another in Brockton.
1/18/23 Update: charged with murder, assault to beat Ana with intent to murder & improper transport of a body. Walshe plead not guilty. Prosecutors ran through a list of internet searches he allegedly ran. He googled 1/1/23 @ 5am using his son's iPad some of these searches on January 1st: "how long before a body starts to smell" "how to stop a body from decomposing "10 ways to dispose of a dead body" "how long for someone to be missing to inherit" "can you throw away body parts" "what does formaldehyde do" "how long does DNA last" "can id be made on partial remains". "how to clean blood from wooden floor" "luminol to detect blood" "body parts in ammonia" :what happens to ahir on a dead body", "what is the rate of decomposition bag vs woods" "can baking soda make a body smell good" among other searches. On January 2nd he googled - "hacksaw best tool to dismember" "can you be charged with murder without a body" "can you identify a body with broken teeth". DA says there was presence of blood in the car. Prosecutors say the garbage bags Walshe dropped off in dumpsters in Brockton & Abington were incinerated before police could get to them. Prosecutors say investigators recovered 10 trash bags with stains consistent with blood. Among the items recovered: towels, rags, slippers, tape, Tyvek suit, hunter books, Prada purse, rug, a portion of a necklace consistent with one Ana had been seen wearing, Covid 19 vaccine card in Ana's names, ALL OF HER CLOTHES he had told police she had been wearing when she left for the airport & a hacksaw & with some blood on some of the items. DNA matches were as follows: Slippers-Brian & Ana's DNA, Tyvek suit-interior cuffs Brian & Ana, exterior left pant leg Ana, interior right sleeve Ana. And tissues on the suit that matched Ana. The 10 bags were found at a transfer station in Peabody & were dumped in Brian's mother's complex in Swampscott. Judge orders Walshe to be held without bail pending the indictment. Next status hearing on 2/9/23 via Zoom.
for info see post #921 & 946 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ideshare-to-airport-cohasset-3.657168/page-47
Transcript of 1/18/23 Arraignment hearing see posts #42 & 43 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rideshare-to-airport-cohasset-4.658134/page-3

I have a case # - Quincy DC in Mass Court Case #2356CR000136

Oops - edited to add - this is for:
arrested (1/8/23), charged & arraigned (1/9/23) with intimidation/misleading police during the investigation into his wife's disappearance.

For the murder charge I have NO case # - sorry...
Yes, that is what I was referring to -- easy access to the case info in the lower court where lesser charges are prosecuted.

Thanks for researching the link. So odd that there is no searching superior court calendar (criminal) in advance-- using the defendant's name.

Perhaps once the murder charge case number is published (on the daily), search by docket number will populate a future calendar search.
Replying to my own post to confirm my suspicion re. docket # required.

Most criminal cases can only be searched by docket number. If you're searching by docket number, make sure you enter the number exactly how it appears.

During his murder arraignment last month, Norfolk Assistant District Attorney Lynn Beland outlined a series of grisly Google searches allegedly conducted by Brian Walshe on his son's iPad and on his own cell phone in the days after the woman's disappearance that included queries about disposing of a body, dismembering a body, body decomposition, how to mask the smell of a decomposing body and how to clean up blood.

"It is believed that Brian Walshe dismembered Ana Walshe and discarded her body," Beland said.

Prosecutors alleged Brian Walshe dumped bags containing his wife's body and other evidence in several dumpsters, including in Abington, where he was captured on surveillance

FEB 9, 2023
[...]

Generally, these status conferences are scheduled to update the court on where the case stands and set dates for any future hearings.

Brian Walshe’s status conference is scheduled for the 9 a.m. session.

Boston10 has a livestream up:

• Prosecution requests a continuance.
  • "The expectation is that this matter will be finished in the Grand Jury by the end of March, but hopefully mid-March."
  • Defense has received "basically nothing."
  • They haven't even received the search warrants.
  • Defense is asking for the status conference to be moved about three weeks out.
  • Continued to Wednesday, March 1st via Zoom for status.

Last edited:
Boston10 has a livestream up:

• Discussing a continuance.
  • Defense has received "basically nothing."
  • They haven't even received the search warrants.
  • Defense is asking for the status conference to be moved about three weeks out.
  • Continued to Wednesday, March 1st via Zoom for status.
Carried over to March 1st for next status update. Held over without bail.

Defense claims it's received "almost no" discovery, including the search warrant for his car.

He appeared via zoom mustachioed.

JMO

FEB 9, 2023
walshe2.jpg

[...]

... He appeared in court Thursday via Zoom from the Norfolk County Correctional Center in Dedham for a status hearing in the case.

Prosecutor Greg Connor said the grand jury investigation should be done by the end of March.

"We have received very little discovery to date," Walshe's attorney Tracy Miner said. "We've received basically nothing."

She said she hasn't received the search warrant for Brian Walshe's car and "the basic stuff we should have had immediately."

[...]

FEB 9, 2023
Assistant District Attorney Greg Connor, who said he had just been put on the case about a week ago, said he was fine with that plan and said that prosecutors expect a grand jury will hand down an indictment against Walsh by the end of next month. The indictment would move the case to Norfolk Superior Court

"If we haven't even received the search warrants for my client's car, the inventories for search warrants, the basic stuff we should've had immediately we don't have," she said. "I'm a little bit skeptical that the discovery is going to be wholesome or contain everything I need."

I came to this case as it was cross posted to the Morphew case where the defence attorney had done media implying the arrest was too early,

But looking at what they have, this looks like an arrest that could not come early enough?

They have heavy weight evidence regarding dismemberment, cleanup and disposal. I supposed the guys only hope is to get evidence chucked out?

I came to this case as it was cross posted to the Morphew case where the defence attorney had done media implying the arrest was too early,

But looking at what they have, this looks like an arrest that could not come early enough?

They have heavy weight evidence regarding dismemberment, cleanup and disposal. I supposed the guys only hope is to get evidence chucked out?
He already tried to through his own evidence out.

Kindly LE recovered much of it for him.

He doesn't have a prayer.

JMO

Good to see you here @mrjitty.

Seems the only concern I've seen here is proving "malice aforethought" for a first-degree charge.

Aside from the premeditation requirement, "malice aforethought" is an additional element required for this crime. This essentially means that the defendant possessed an intent to cause mortal injury or serious bodily harm without having legal justification (such as self-defense or the defense of another).

First Degree Murder

The office of Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey said Monday that the case involving Brian Walshe was continued from Wednesday to April 4 in Quincy District Court. A status conference was scheduled for March 1.

The office of Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey said Monday that the case involving Brian Walshe was continued from Wednesday to April 4 in Quincy District Court. A status conference was scheduled for March 1.
@Niner:

After Walshe is indicted by a grand Jury, the case against him will move to Norfolk Superior Court, The Boston Globe reported. Prosecutors said earlier this month that could happen by mid-March.

I'd prefer him to continue down the road he's been going but I'm worried that he's going to say things got crazy and he killed her accidentally. Didn't know what to do from there and frantically tried to clean up the mistake. Changes everything

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back