MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well rats, too much time has passed to edit/delete a couple of posts, but I scrolled through all of thread 1 again and it seems like

- the MIL is not confirmed to live there?
- it was the husband not the MIL who saw her leave (I swear I had read he was sleeping but another family member said she left)?
- the mother has an apartment?

I have seen a couple of MSM reports that removed the fact about the MIL living there from earlier versions. And I can’t find anywhere that said it was female relative who saw her leave, even though this is in my memory. Also I saw one MSM article about the apartment of Brian’s MIL, and another that said mother. Ugh - poor reporting.

I guess it’s all moot but what exactly is up with the MIL? Did she live there? Did she have an apartment?
In one of the earlier news articles, I distinctly remember it saying that the MIL lived or stayed there when Ana was in DC.

I don't know if that was for her benefit or his or to be around her grandchildren. She definitely has an apartment but that wasn't mentioned at the time.

I have looked through the threads again and cannot find reference to when BW is to be sentenced. It could come at sudden notice and he could be taken into custody immediately. AW needed to make plans for that eventuality.
By age, the oldest child could be in kindergarten or first grade and the middle child in pre-school.
AW must have been under incredible pressure to make plans for this. Perhaps that is the reason for asking her mother on December 25th to come to the US. AW would trust her mother over all else to care for her children.
AW couldn't just quit her job to care for them because she was the sole income (legally) for the family.
It is my opinion that this is the basis for what happened on New Year's Eve that resulted in AW's death. MOO MOO MOO

Her former boss Gem Mutlu was Brian's friend who became very close with Ana too and he was the last legit person to see her alive. He was the only one invited for dinner on 31.12. I guess MIL was there too. He left house about 1.30.
Also when Brian was doing errands or dropping kids to school on school days (not on New Years holidays) I read that they have a babysitter who probably was looking after youngest boy at home. So maybe she was the one laying about seeing Ana leave home?

Do we get the sense she did not want to be alone with him? Whose idea was the New Year's party, short on party? Was the former boss invited by Ana as a buffer? And it worked? Until he left....

Was Ana scrambling, trying to keep the peace, while trying to find a path out?

How many times have we seen this movie?

JMverysadO
IT's so sad. Her mom saying that she stayed with them and never saw an inkling of anything wrong with her son in law. He is , by his criminal history, a con.
Her Mom probably guessed right, they may have been celebrating with drinks and after everyone left things heated up between them.

MOO- Maybe she wanted to take the kids and go live in DC after his decided future incarceration ie.. .

MOO- you will never take our kids and move .. you will never leave me

And person who said that saw her leaving is either her MIL or someone who lives there who help them looking after 3 boys. They said that that person was intimidated by BW.
Hi! he was charged under an intimidation statute but the wording goes on to include misleading investigators. This is confusing but he was not charged with intimidation (yet), rather with misleading officers and impeding the investigation. Supposedly, his Mother went back to her home earlier than expected. This would leave him alone with the children. Not sure anyone ever claimed they 'saw her' leave, although we all surmised that initially. Things are unclear right now as we only have information listed in the PCA.

<modsnip>. It appears that Ana relished in the lavish gifts that the fraudulent activities could provide.

This is a pretty amazing charade over many many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the fradulent Andy Warhol paintings, does this mean that BW actually sold these online & that people bought them just based on pictures they saw ahead of time?! If so, this was incredibly foolish on the part of the buyers. I'm no Art collector & don't know much about this "business". But, when it comes to buying original artwork, I would think that anyone who had that much $ to spend would do their due diligence & actually see the paintings, get them appraised/examined by someone professional who does that for a living, etc. - prior to the purchase. Buying them online like is obviously very risky.

In any case, anyone that would cheat people out of their money like this is an unmitigated fraudster/scammer/liar, so anything he says can't be believed. What a scum-bag - and I say this just based on what he did before his wife vanished.

Wow. This guy is even more of a piece of #@$% than we originally thought after this story first broke. Sickening.

Last edited:
<modsnip> It appears that Ana relished in the lavish gifts that the fraudulent activities could provide.

This is a pretty amazing charade over many many years.

It's unfortunate they couldn't have downsized then maybe Ana wouldn't have had to travel so much for work.

IT's so sad. Her mom saying that she stayed with them and never saw an inkling of anything wrong with her son in law. He is , by his criminal history, a con.
Her Mom probably guessed right, they may have been celebrating with drinks and after everyone left things heated up between them.

MOO- Maybe she wanted to take the kids and go live in DC after his decided future incarceration ie.. .

MOO- you will never take our kids and move .. you will never leave me
Makes so much sense. Especially if, before his ankle monitor, they both went back and forth to the two residences, together, instead of her doing it alone for a week at a time. I assume she was there during the week and went home to MA on weekends?

I wonder how a toad like him ever hooked up with AW, who was drop-dead gorgeous & obviously way out of his league. Wonders never cease.
Court documents show he failed to inform probation about two IRA's at Fidelity – one of which he contributed $91,000 – and left off a 2014 Fiat and 2015 Maserati, which his wife Ana drove.

She posted that the car, worth $120,000, was the 'best Valentine's present of her life' in a post online, adding 'kiss to my husband who makes all of my childhood dreams come true'.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no substantiating link>

<modsnip - response to quoted post>

Presumably a substantial amount of $ was involved here. And, the buyer(s) had to trust that the seller would be sending them the actual paintings. Though, I understand it would be very inconvenient to buy these in person if you're halfway across the country from someone (or even in another state/city).

Sure - I know people buy things online all of the time without actually knowing for sure that the product/products are what you ordered ahead of time. But, it's evident that in many/most of these cases a lot less $ is involved.

This may have been mentioned before, but I found her on Instagram. She posted as recently as December 31, 2022. Lots of selfies, work related/career development-type content and pics of her sons. Last post with her husband in appears to be 2020, and includes her sons. There is a reference to "wine tasting at my husbands vineyard" in Spain in a 2018 post.

My personal theory..... she wasn't that into him and I think perhaps this was more of a financial arrangement for her (though by all accounts and referenced in Instragram she was also working in DC), and when some of his fraudulent activities came to light, she wanted or threatened to leave. Thinking things got heated and he killed her early morning January 1. I don't think it was planned. I feel for their sons.

Court documents show he failed to inform probation about two IRA's at Fidelity – one of which he contributed $91,000 – and left off a 2014 Fiat and 2015 Maserati, which his wife Ana drove.

She posted that the car, worth $120,000, was the 'best Valentine's present of her life' in a post online, adding 'kiss to my husband who makes all of my childhood dreams come true'.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I wonder if any $ that BW made was honestly earned?! I somehow doubt this.

My heart is officially broken. While expecting this result, I'm still shocked. A hack saw and a hatchet? How could this animal have been 'normal' on New Year's Eve then so savagely murdered her the next day? Thank goodness he's a moron as well as evil. LE has done an amazing job. They've been on him since the minute her work reported her missing. Another senseless tragedy. More children without parents. All MOO.

Ps his smile when arrested tells it all. Pure evil and no care for anyone else. MOO

In one of the earlier news articles, I distinctly remember it saying that the MIL lived or stayed there when Ana was in DC.

I don't know if that was for her benefit or his or to be around her grandchildren. She definitely has an apartment but that wasn't mentioned at the time.

I think it was Bob ward, local news guy - whose first update on FB said MIL, said she lived here, but then he removed that part.

And LE said in a presser -

LE - He was sleeping when she left, again, it was reported as early morning. (About the husband)

But then in yesterday’s court transcript I think I read the husband is the one who saw her leave?

And why does the mother/ MiL have an apartment if she lives there? I’m so wrapped around the axle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther