MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood. So, a buyer could easily believe that they were getting real paintings based on the pictures & authentication documentation.

But, I stand by my original comment. I.e., presumably a substantial amount of $ was involved here. And, the buyer(s) had to trust that the seller would be sending them the actual paintings. Though, I understand it would be very inconvenient to buy these in person if you're halfway across the country from someone (or even in another state/city).

Sure - I know people buy things online all of the time without actually knowing for sure that the product/products are what you ordered ahead of time. But, it's evident that in many/most of these cases a lot less $ is involved.
I agree it's unusual for that amount of money. Lots of auctions are now also online - starting with the big houses like Sothebys and Christies. There are a few auction websites like Invaluable where smaller auction houses can use their software to allow online bids.

In these online auctions, the pieces are with the auctioneer and the auction house verifies the authenticity, etc. So you can be confident the products are authentic or you get your money back. Ebay does not do anything like that.

Some collectors and art dealers search ebay for steals - sometimes people do not know what they're selling, particularly in less popular areas of art. But with a Warhol? You'd think anyone would be suspicious - why sell for $80,000 when you could get the asking price through a gallery?

IMO Thankfully I believe if the blood matches, this is enough right here to send him away.
I don't believe for a second that there was not abusive behavior in this marriage. We all know a lot of it happens behind closed doors as soon as the ring is on the finger and women often don't share what is going on. Maybe it was an accident ny's eve when the killed her in a rage -but surely it was no accident he cut her up in to pieces and disposed of her.
Who besides a truly twisted sociopath type does that? We know who he is, we see his behavior and I have no interest in sugar coating it. It does not matter what their lifestyle was or that she liked designer purses and that lifestyle. The killer is a defective "human". He is the only one responsible. There are no mitigating circumstances IMO

Most crimes require bail. In this case they probably didn't care too much because even if theoretically he could meet a $500k cash bail, he would be remanded into federal custody for violation of his probation in that case. So they knew either way he wasn't getting out. That likely influenced the choice to not charge him with additional crimes until they had more evidence.

Couldn't this be argued as unconstitutional for excessive bail given the current charges?

My heart is officially broken. While expecting this result, I'm still shocked. A hack saw and a hatchet? How could this animal have been 'normal' on New Year's Eve then so savagely murdered her the next day? Thank goodness he's a moron as well as evil. LE has done an amazing job. They've been on him since the minute her work reported her missing. Another senseless tragedy. More children without parents. All MOO.

Ps his smile when arrested tells it all. Pure evil and no care for anyone else. MOO
Agree :(. So senseless. Do the boys have family in America besides the enabling MIL?

For interesting reading go to masscourts.org. Go thru the Captcha. Select Family & Probate and Plymouth County. Search Brian Walshe. Select File Date 7/7/19. Select the images for the affidavits by Brian, AWW, FP, and JO.

This is from JO's affidavit
View attachment 394315
Seriously high level sleuthing. Well done, Gardenista.

He thought he was going to get away with stealing from his Dad. Caught.
He thought he was going to get away with stealing the paintings. Caught.
He thought he was going to get away with stealing from his Dad again, after his death. Caught.
He thought he was going to get away with murder. Caught.

Explains the smile as he was being led from the police station. He's a sociopath. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't this be argued as unconstitutional for excessive bail given the current charges?
Dangerousness is always a part of the calculation so I think everyone felt comfortable given the blood and knife in the basement. It is a good defense though his defense lawyer did not raise it likely because of the evidence that was disclosed to date.

IMO Thankfully I believe if the blood matches, this is enough right here to send him away.
I don't believe for a second that there was not abusive behavior in this marriage. We all know a lot of it happens behind closed doors as soon as the ring is on the finger and women often don't share what is going on. Maybe it was an accident ny's eve when the killed her in a rage -but surely it was no accident he cut her up in to pieces and disposed of her.
Who besides a truly twisted sociopath type does that? We know who he is, we see his behavior and I have no interest in sugar coating it. It does not matter what their lifestyle was or that she liked designer purses and that lifestyle. The killer is a defective "human". He is the only one responsible. There are no mitigating circumstances IMO
My guess/opinion is that he will try to claim that she came at him with the knife, they struggled, he panicked, etc, etc. Fortunately, this defense seldom works, at least as far as I can recall, and his actions after her death certainly won’t help his case.

Hopefully they'll find enough actual proof of this crime to put this guy away for good. This was a heinous crime, but it's a good thing that he seemingly left so much evidence behind.

Those of us that follow true crime/missing persons cases know that there are numerous cases out there where someone is suspected of a crime like this - but since 0 evidence is found of any wrong-doing, the POI will walk.

Thankfully, it appears like that's definitely not the case here.

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPTION OF PRESS CONFERENCE

6TH JANUARY.

From the above Transcript
LE - It was reported that she left the house around 4:00 a.m. and shortly thereafter, I believe 6:00 a.m.

Reporter - So someone saw her leaving the house, physically?.

LE - We have information to that effect. (Passive)
Reporter - Who was the last to see her?. Was it her husband?. Did her husband actually see her leave the house?. Who would have been the last person who saw her?.

LE - He was sleeping when she left, (<< keep this in mind) again, it was reported as early morning.
Reporter - Can you say who was the last person to see her, if her husband was sleeping?. Who actually saw her at 4 or 5 in the morning?.

LE - A family member. (passive)

Reporter - Who was at the house?.

LE - Yes, correct.

Reporter - So they physically saw her at 4 or 5 in the morning on New Year's Day?.

LE - That's what's being reported to us.

Reporter - And was that one of her children, or was that somebody else in the home?.

LE - It's a family member. (Passive)

Then we have this.

TIMELINE: What Happened to Ana Walshe?

Brian Walshe said his wife left around 6 a.m., taking an Uber or Lyft to go to the airport, where she was scheduled to fly to D.C.

According to court documents, he told police he and his wife had dinner with a friend at their home on New Year's Eve. The friend stayed from about 8:30 p.m. until around 1 or 1:30 a.m. on New Year's Day. That night, Brian Walshe said his wife told him she had a work emergency and had to fly back to D.C. in the morning.

That morning, he said his wife got ready, kissed him goodbye and told him to go back to sleep before leaving. (So according to this he was awake what time was it?)
He told police he woke up around 7 a.m. and made breakfast for the couple's three boys, ages 2, 4, and 6, and left to run errands around 3 p.m. after a babysitter arrived at the house.

Confused yet?

ETA:
Dis he fall back asleep straight away and didn't see her leave?
AMO
Yes I’ve been pondering all these changes all night! In addition to initial reports the MIL lived there, but now I don’t think she did if she has an apartment!

I've not caught up yet, but I'm betting if one did google "how to dispose of a 115 lb woman's body," the result would not be "in a dumpster at your mother's apartment complex." I'm incredulous at the choices this guy has made.

I've not caught up yet, but I'm betting if one did google "how to dispose of a 115 lb woman's body," the result would not be "in a dumpster at your mother's apartment complex." I'm incredulous at the choices this guy has made.
Also in the bond hearing the state indicated that BW said he went north to his mother's house but they thought that was a lie. Now they are searching the garbage at his mom's complex and the transfer station by her house - so he told the truth?

It seems like the state thought his statements that he went up north were misleading but really he was dumb enough to tell them where to find evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther