Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Wondering if I have this detail correct. BW and AW's DNA was found on a Tyvek suit during the search of dumpsters in Swampscott and Peabody, MA where BW was seen on Jan 1. On Jan 2 he buys another Tyvek suit at Home Depot. The second Tyvek suit was not the one found on the North Shore in Peabody with the DNA on it.

So BW had a Tyvek suit in his rental house before January 1. Why? What are the circumstances that a guy who specializes in art fraud who is under house arrest taking care of his children in a house he doesn't own so has no reason to be working on has a Tyvek suit in his possession? I hope this is premeditation.
As someone else responded above, he was reported to have been back in Swampscott dumping things on the morning on the 5th, so presumably then (and not only on the 1st) was when he dumped things that were late found as evidence. Perhaps on the 1st, he was either getting $ from his mother, disposing of whatever were the initial items sullied from the murder (her clothing, rugs, towels, etc), scouting out dumpsters, or all of the above. I believe the police first came to his house late morning on the 4th, so that he still had these other things either in the house or the car or elsewhere on premises is rather surprising. I thought he would have gone back to Swampscott earlier than the 5th, but I’m unsure of the timeline now and deferring to what was posted above in response.

As someone else responded above, he was reported to have been back in Swampscott dumping things on the morning on the 5th, so presumably then (and not only on the 1st) was when he dumped things that were late found as evidence. Perhaps on the 1st, he was either getting $ from his mother, disposing of whatever were the initial items sullied from the murder (her clothing, rugs, towels, etc), scouting out dumpsters, or all of the above. I believe the police first came to his house late morning on the 4th, so that he still had these other things either in the house or the car or elsewhere on premises is rather surprising. I thought he would have gone back to Swampscott earlier than the 5th, but I’m unsure of the timeline now and deferring to what was posted above in response.
Where was he hiding evidence on the 4th, if I remember correctly, LE was at the rental on that day, and searched the house, which looked nice and normal. They noticed that the seats were down in the Volvo and there was a liner , which struck LE as odd.
The next visit, the liner was gone, and the Volvo was vacuumed.
M00

Where was he hiding evidence on the 4th, if I remember correctly, LE was at the rental on that day, and searched the house, which looked nice and normal. They noticed that the seats were down in the Volvo and there was a liner , which struck LE as odd.
M00
I have no idea, but at the hearing when he was charged with murder, the prosecutor said that on the morning of Jan 5th, his cell phone was tracked to be in Swampscott in the area of the dumpster of his mother’s housing complex. She also said that LE had a search warrant to search his house on the 8th which was when they found knife (knives?) in basement. So, it seems that when LE went to house on the 4th, a full search wasn’t done where evidence is taken from premises, etc, but rather a walk about where they look for anything unusual. Whether they went into basement, through trash barrels, or looked in the shed on the premises wasn‘t mentioned, nor was it noted that they opened up the car to look at anything after observing the plastic liner in the back, so I think it was more of a cursory search and not an investigative search that was done on the 4th, so who knows where he may have been hiding the things that he brought to dumpster the next day.

My understanding is that he bought the Tyvek suit on the 2nd and it was found in one the 10 bags he disposed of on the 5th. MOO

January 2, 2023

12:45 p.m. - 1:14 p.m.: Brian Walshe searches whether a hacksaw is the "best tool to dismember" and whether someone can be charged with murder if there's no body. He also searches "Can you identify a body with broken teeth?"

Following the Google searches, Brian Walshe was seen on surveillance at the Home Depot in Rockland, where he proceeded to buy $450 worth of cleaning supplies with cash. Items in his cart, which he pushed while wearing gloves and wearing a face mask, included mops, brushes, tape, a Tyvek suit with boot covers, buckets, goggles, baking soda, and a hatchet.

January 5, 2023

8 a.m.: Brian Walshe travels to daycare and then to Scampscott, where his mom lives.

9:30 a.m.: Cellphone data shows Brian Walshe circling his mother's apartment complex and stopping at the southeast corner, where there's a dumpster. The dumpster was later searched and investigators found 10 bags containing many bloodied items and some of the clothing items Ana Walshe was last seen wearing. Some of the items also had both Ana and Brian Walshe's DNA on them.

Thanks for that, I forgot about the Swampscott visit on Jan 5.

JAN 23

Ana Walshe was a high-powered executive whose hard work allowed her to quickly move up the professional ranks in the hospitality industry.

Court documents and public records obtained by Inside Edition Digital outline her remarkable ascent after arriving in this country as a young immigrant.

That remarkable life was cut short earlier this month according to prosecutors, and now her husband, Brian Walshe, is accused of murdering the mother of three, dismembering her body, and scattering the remains.

Ana and her sister were raised in war-torn Serbia, living through years of ethnic conflict and genocide according to a court filing submitted by Ana’s mother, Milanka Ljubicic.

More at Missing Mom Ana Walshe Survived Serbian Genocide Before Immigrating

I've been afraid to ask this, but here goes...

What is meant by "plastic grinders from Home Depot?" I have googled and get all sorts of possibilities. :oops::(

Prosecutors said that a bloody knife was also found in the Walshe's basement, along with a second knife. They also said that a heavy duty large tarp and plastic grinders from Home Depot were found.
In Massachusetts a grinder is a sandwich.

But more seriously, if you search "plastic grinder" at the Home Depot website you mostly get coffee grinders. I hate to think it or say it but maybe that is what he used to make sure the teeth were not recognizable?

I think most likely it is the angle grinder mentioned previously.

But more seriously, if you search "plastic grinder" at the Home Depot website you mostly get coffee grinders. I hate to think it or say it but maybe that is what he used to make sure the teeth were not recognizable?

I think when they're talking about a plastic grinder it's this kind of tool. It uses a plastic blade to either polish or cut. I've used them to cut PVC and copper piping.

JAN 23

Ana Walshe was a high-powered executive whose hard work allowed her to quickly move up the professional ranks in the hospitality industry.

Court documents and public records obtained by Inside Edition Digital outline her remarkable ascent after arriving in this country as a young immigrant.

That remarkable life was cut short earlier this month according to prosecutors, and now her husband, Brian Walshe, is accused of murdering the mother of three, dismembering her body, and scattering the remains.

Ana and her sister were raised in war-torn Serbia, living through years of ethnic conflict and genocide according to a court filing submitted by Ana’s mother, Milanka Ljubicic.

More at Missing Mom Ana Walshe Survived Serbian Genocide Before Immigrating
"For example, after obtaining $145,000 from Victim 3 in France, Walshe’s credit card receipts show that he and his wife went shopping at Prada. Similarly, the money that Walshe obtained from Victim 1 mostly went to pay credit card debt, which included charges for travel and restaurants."

Honestly, where did she think he got this money? If she didn't know, what a real con man. Poor woman.

M00
LE observing the liner is so bizarre to me. Did they question him about it? Grill him? Not think twice about it? What reasoning did he give, if asked? Such a red flag!!

I think when they're talking about a plastic grinder it's this kind of tool. It uses a plastic blade to either polish or cut. I've used them to cut PVC and copper piping.
Looks like a tool that could be used to mess up a gas line in a neighbor's home.

Because I look for the weirdness.

"For example, after obtaining $145,000 from Victim 3 in France, Walshe’s credit card receipts show that he and his wife went shopping at Prada. Similarly, the money that Walshe obtained from Victim 1 mostly went to pay credit card debt, which included charges for travel and restaurants."

Honestly, where did she think he got this money? If she didn't know, what a real con man. Poor woman.
From the same place he was getting his rent money?

Hahaha, you’re welcome! Unfortunately for him, I don’t think there are any more Warhols. According to the court filings detailing the dispute over his father’s estate, his dad did own a Dali that BW absconded with, but I believe it was established that he sold it prior to the true beneficiaries of his father’s estate being made aware that BW had obtained a key to his father’s home and had been hawking its contents. All in all, I think BW is fresh out of fine art to peddle as a viable revenue stream. Cry me a river… he still has his mommy to pay his defense attorney’s fees, just like she did in his fraud case.

Well, he inherited the taste for fine art from his father, and for all things fine from both lines, it seems, but inherited neither his father's giftedness, nor willingness to work for money. His dad didn't steal a Dali. For his dad, to learn ancient Greek and translate ancient treatises on neurology took not only talent. You have to commit to hard working. All articles blaming BW's parental upbringing for his current problems I don't subscribe to. He had ample hardworking models around him. He chose a wife who was organized and industrious. How come he, BW, himself turned a perfect con man instead?

BW, perfect con man?
Well, he inherited the taste for fine art from his father, and for all things fine from both lines, it seems, but inherited neither his father's giftedness, nor willingness to work for money. His dad didn't steal a Dali. For his dad, to learn ancient Greek and translate ancient treatises on neurology took not only talent. You have to commit to hard working. All articles blaming BW's parental upbringing for his current problems I don't subscribe to. He had ample hardworking models around him. He chose a wife who was organized and industrious. How come he, BW, himself turned a perfect con man instead?
snipped for focus @Charlot123
So true about hard work & commitment to goals as shown by good models.

Apparently he used most of his effort to hone his grifting skills.

M00
Could Ana's body have been at his mother's home that day, the 4th?

Good question. I could probably come up with a very long list of possibilities… But perhaps he’s just plain lazy and inherently lacks the ambition and commitment required to pursue a specific area of study, career, purpose or passion… but obviously, this is just a random speculation, and there could be 1 million one other ”explanations”… I will say, however, that BW is a big boy and I don’t necessarily blame the parents either. I most definitely do NOT blame his father, because by all accounts from court documents, it is quite clear that his father did not condone, nor did he put up with BW’s short-cuts, lack of hard work, episodes of mental meltdowns, OR his stealing… so much so that he cut him off financially altogether, and then all but wrote him off as his own son after BW allegedly stole ~$1M… If you read through BW’s father’s will, after it lists all the legitimate beneficiaries, there is a final line that says something to the effect of (and I’m paraphrasing), “And to my son, Brian Walshe, I leave my best wishes and that is all”…Ouch. <modsnip> BW is a 47 year old man, so you can’t really blame his parents for his current behavior <modsnip - not victim friendly> Again, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hate to say it too, but you read my mind. That’s exactly what I thought the grinder was for and when I read about it… it was a split second thought that I quickly filed away in the back of my brain under the category of “gruesome things I prefer not to think about in further detail”. :(

Last edited:
BW, perfect con man?
snipped for focus @Charlot123
So true about hard work & commitment to goals as shown by good models.

Apparently he used most of his effort to hone his grifting skills.
Which is baffling to me because that also requires effort… Why not put that same effort into a noble pursuit? I mean, that would be the question I would ask a rational person anyway…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back