MA - Barbara Hovey Novaes, 61, found dead in recycling container, Medford, May 23, 2022

Welcome!

BBM - I agree about the little that has been released. And I know how loud our bins are here too. Do you think that is where their bins were stored? I thought maybe she was taken to the bin and left there. I am curious about when recycling would have been picked up too. Leaving her in her recycle bin seems to me to be a rush decision.
I agree with it seeming like a rush decision. She was sort of hidden but left on her own property, right up close to her house. Seems like there might have not been much forethought or perhaps they were interrupted by someone driving/walking by.

That makes sense. Could've reached in to retrieve something and was unable to get out or call out ( or be heard). Tragic accident. In the midst of a not uncomplicated life.

JMO

Oh man. I'm on the fence here. I mean obviously if you go looking for something your going to find examples of what you are looking for. But I am trusting of LE in most cases. I would like to hear that everything else was ruled out. But also my middle name is not Grace so I too have found myself in unimaginable situations before. Still processing this info I guess. JMO

I've seen weirder positional asphyxia cases before, but they all have some factor that severely impacts one's ability to right themselves; usually intoxication but also physical disability, old age, etc.
If it's the type of recycling bin that's usually kept at the house (the one that's about chest-height on wheels that you push to the curb), I have a hard time imaging how a healthy 61-year old could get totally inside and not have the ability to push with their hands or knock the bin over. But again, weirder things have happened, and LE hasn't mentioned if tox was positive or not.
Was it ever released what kind of bin it was?

I've seen weirder positional asphyxia cases before, but they all have some factor that severely impacts one's ability to right themselves; usually intoxication but also physical disability, old age, etc.
If it's the type of recycling bin that's usually kept at the house (the one that's about chest-height on wheels that you push to the curb), I have a hard time imaging how a healthy 61-year old could get totally inside and not have the ability to push with their hands or knock the bin over. But again, weirder things have happened, and LE hasn't mentioned if tox was positive or not.
Chronic intoxication would severely impact judgment -- trapped as much by that as anything, I'm afraid. A really sad loss...

Jmo

I live in her same city and the bins are tall green roller bins. But to be honest this story doesn’t still make sense to me. These bins are so tippy, even when there is nothing inside. I guess it’s possible that she fell in and somehow crushed her neck? I don’t believe we were ever told if the bin was standing up or laying down.

RIP Ms. Novaes. I hope you are at peace.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krisannezee
Back