MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So discouraging......I wish they get a break soon. :please:

First time poster. I'm from the Boston area so this has been all over my Facebook and it's terrible.

My immediate thought is illegal and possibly not identified because her family moved a lot. Not many people realize that Massachusetts attracts a good amount of migrant workers in the summer. My mother worked for a preschool which provided free care for migrant workers' children to keep them safe, supervised and out of the fields. Families which traveled to Massachusetts for work regularly would know a lot of the area. A lot of the people who would know the family would be poor (not much internet access), not speak English at all, and not think twice about not seeing the little girl since the family moves so much. They also may not have seen her in a while and her appearance may have changed a bit.

Illegals would also be scared of being deported if they reported the death. The entire family in the home country relies on money from migrant work to survive

My opinion/gut is that she was loved by someone. I disagree with her being tossed like garbage. I personally feel like she was placed to be found. There are so many places she could have been placed to hide her body but she was put somewhere with so much traffic. She didn't have signs of abuse or trauma. The trash bag could have been used to conceal her during transport in case they were seen. I think that, with those rocks, police would know if she washed ashore based on the condition of the bag

I would not be surprised if her death was found to be accidental.

Great first post and welcome to Websleuths, Audge86!

:welcome:

This is so sad :( My first thought is that someone doesn't realize a little girl they know is missing. My second thought is that the parent(s) are responsible.
A few other far fetched things crossed my mind as well, not probable, but maybe possible. 1) What if a child (girl) that was abducted years ago had a baby that was never registered via Vital statistics ... sort of like Jaycee Lee Dugard had those girls while in captivity, so it would be very hard to identify her. and 2) is that maybe it's possible the body was frozen and then thawed before being placed in the bag? That would put off time of death. I only read one case that this was done that I know of.

All just MOO and thoughts. I hope they identify her soon!

I also think more needs to be emphasized about her body type. With those cheeks, i immediately thought she was a chubby little girl(still had baby fat)

I had to pay more attention to realize that she is actually a slim, petite girl at just 30 pounds and 42 inches. Some may have dismissed her by thinking that, with those adorably chunky cheeks, she's bigger than her actual size

Can they do a full body rendering?

I also think more needs to be emphasized about her body type. With those cheeks, i immediately thought she was a chubby little girl(still had baby fat)

I had to pay more attention to realize that she is actually a slim, petite girl at just 30 pounds and 42 inches. Some may have dismissed her by thinking that, with those adorably chunky cheeks, she's bigger than her actual size

I 100% agree, audge86. I don't think many people realize just how tall 42 inches really is, or how slim 30 pounds would appear on that frame. I grabbed a tape measure after reading your post and was astonished to find that 42 inches from the floor falls just a few inches below my chest!

First time poster. I'm from the Boston area so this has been all over my Facebook and it's terrible.

My opinion/gut is that she was loved by someone. I disagree with her being tossed like garbage. I personally feel like she was placed to be found. There are so many places she could have been placed to hide her body but she was put somewhere with so much traffic. She didn't have signs of abuse or trauma. The trash bag could have been used to conceal her during transport in case they were seen. I think that, with those rocks, police would know if she washed ashore based on the condition of the bag

I would not be surprised if her death was found to be accidental.

Original post respectfully snipped by me to save space. Welcome to WS Audge86. Love hearing your local perspective.

Last night I did some reading about Deer Island and looked at the map, etc. It does appear that there is one way in and one way out of Deer Island. Considering it it the site for water treatment would there be any cameras on that roadway that could shed some insight if Boston Baby Doe was placed there? Deer Island itself does look to be uninhabited - is this really the case?

Just a lot of questions - wish there were some answers. Any local perspective you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
eleph

Deere Island has the treatment plant and bike or hiking trails, no one lives there.

Deere Island has the treatment plant and bike or hiking trails, no one lives there.

Thanks - do you know if there would be any cameras on that roadway that could shed some insight or maybe some cameras around the 'egg shell' treatment plant itself? Baby Doe was found on the western side of Deer Island and the treatment plant is on the western side of the island as well.

Just a lot of questions........

thanks,
eleph

Original post respectfully snipped by me to save space. Welcome to WS Audge86. Love hearing your local perspective.

Last night I did some reading about Deer Island and looked at the map, etc. It does appear that there is one way in and one way out of Deer Island. Considering it it the site for water treatment would there be any cameras on that roadway that could shed some insight if Boston Baby Doe was placed there? Deer Island itself does look to be uninhabited - is this really the case?

Just a lot of questions - wish there were some answers. Any local perspective you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
eleph

It's been a long time since I've been to deer island.

It is uninhabited. And i would be surprised if there were cameras. I understand why investigators lean towards her being local. Deer Island isn't super well known. There are undoubtedly cameras in the work area but i doubt anyone has ever seen a need for cameras before. It is mostly known for being the site of the wastewater treatment plant

Sorry I'm not a huge help. I only visited a couple of times about 10 years ago

I can tell you that pretty much every Massachusetts Facebook friend has shared this little girl's picture at least once.

I randomly remembered the case of a senior who lost his wife. She passed away naturally but he disposed of her body without reporting it because he relied on her pension/social security. I wouldn't rule out the family needing to still receive welfare money or something so they chose not to report her death. I really hope this isn't the case but seemed to be loved so I'm looking for a reason why a parent would not come forward.

I think illegal is more likely though

I might very well be wrong on this, but the local news today showed an aerial view of the beach, and it appeared to me as if it might have the sort of gently slope that would mean quite a distance between low and high tide waterline. If she was placed there at low tide, the tide might have come in later and wet/surrounded the bag.

I really hope this isn't the case but seemed to be loved so I'm looking for a reason why a parent would not come forward.

I think illegal is more likely though

I agree re illegal, but another possibility might be if it was an accidental death that occurred because parents weren't watching closely enough (she got into prescription drugs or cleaning supplies, maybe?), they might fear having their other children taken from them.

This is so sad :( My first thought is that someone doesn't realize a little girl they know is missing. My second thought is that the parent(s) are responsible.
A few other far fetched things crossed my mind as well, not probable, but maybe possible. 1) What is a child (girl) that was abducted years ago had a baby that was never registered Vital statistics ... sort of like Jaycee Lee Dugard had those girls while in captivity, so it would be very hard to identify her. and 2) is that maybe it's possible the body was frozen and then thawed before being placed in the bag? That would put off time of death. I only read one case that this was done that I know of.

All just MOO and thoughts. I hope they identify her soon!

This thought crossed my mind but I couldn't put it in words and create a coherent statement LOL
THANK YOU for this!
In addition to Jaycee Dugard there was also Amanda Berry.

I actually thought that as well.

If her DNA doesn't match to any girls already reported missing, I'd say to look for missing girls who'd now be of childbearing age that look like her, though that'll be like finding a ladybug in a garbage heap.

I agree re illegal, but another possibility might be if it was an accidental death that occurred because parents weren't watching closely enough (she got into prescription drugs or cleaning supplies, maybe?), they might fear having their other children taken from them.

Another reason migrant or illegal worker fits is the lack of childcare for most. So the kids either stay at home with older kids or come to work with the parents. Could be heat stroke or accidental hot car death if brought to work and left in the car.

I know these are assumptions and too fixated on one theory. But a lot of it fits.

i agree that there is a good chance that she was not murdered. But only time will tell.

Is there a dedicated FB page for Baby Doe? I couldn't seem to locate one.

Normal height and weight charts would put her weight bettween that of a 2 to 3 year old
Normal height would be a 5 year old .

Her height makes me think she is closer to 5 and very thin.
Age (Years) Weight (Pounds) Height(Inches)
2 26.5 33.5
3 31.5 37.0
4 34.0 39.5
5 39.5 42.5
6 44.0 45.5
7 49.5 47.7
8 57.0 50.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online