MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this information on NAMUS regarding body condition provide any clues as to how long this precious child was deceased before being found?

The term used is "Decomposing/putrefaction".

Namus link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14004

Putrefaction[/B]
is the decomposition of proteins in a process that results in the eventual breakdown of cohesion between tissues and the liquefaction of most organs.

I'm guessing very early stages because her eye color was still noted.
I didn't see 'unrecognizable" can someone give me a link to that?

Sorry to be in and out and missing some of the discussion. Can someone who might have some insight explain why the digital artist would have decided to put the baby's hair back the way they did and also in what looks to be a denim shirt? Is this just artistic license or supposed to be telling us this is how her hair likely was and what her shirt might have looked like. I suppose it could be "imagining" her in a normal setting. But this brings in to question things like bangs, earrings, whether or not she was actually wearing a top... also someone else mentioned it but I am thinking the blanket could have just been tossed in with her as a means of disposing of evidence, as opposed to a kind gesture.

The report mentioned she had a red hair tie, so I assume she was wearing it. Did you notice in the composite that her hair is kinda messy? I'm wondering if the composite is based off a PM photo? I wouldn't be surprised if her hair in the composite is her actual hair.

Thank you!

Am I reading this right? No shirt, no shoes, no underwear, no jewelry...JUST the leggings and a hair elastic on her body, with a blanket in the bag?

I personally wouldn't pay too much attention to that. It's important but i also think they're picking and choosing what information to share. I would be shocked if everything they have and know is entered

I personally wouldn't pay too much attention to that. It's important but i also think they're picking and choosing what information to share. I would be shocked if everything they have and know is entered

I don't know, audge86. It's JMO, but it seems to me that it would be little things like the red hair elastic and the pierced ears that they would withhold, not something major like her shirt or shoes that could really assist in identifying her. Of course, I'm not LE, so what do I know LOL They often mystify me.

I also can't get past the amount of baby fat that is depicted in her cheeks. Kids lose the chubbiness in their faces between ages 3-4. I really don't think it's possible at all that Baby Doe is 5.

I wonder if the forensic artist got it right. I mean if she was bloated it might be difficult to tell how full her cheeks should be.

I'm not sure either. But i agree with someone else that they have only released the most distinctive items.

I just wouldn't assume that it was only leggings and the blanket unless it's confirmed by the police

They ruled out a few kids pretty quickly so i wonder if she has a birthmark or scar which they're not listing

So bear with me, what kind of info would they withhold if the point is to find someone who recognizes her? Pierced ears, red hair elastic. Those are very specific. A tshirt from, say, Atlantic City, or Myrtle Beach, wouldn't those offer clues to who she is or where she has been while also being not-so-specific? I'm just confused on the type of info that is being released. And it seems apparent it is being released little by little to reveal little clues. But why? Saying she could be hispanic without being able to confirm her ethnicity through DNA seems to me they are looking at certain people. On the other hand, from just appearances, it is obvious she is not African American or Asian. Caucasian and hispanic are both "white". But she could be Native American. She could be Italian. I am stuck on the description of hispanic. How can they assume that unless they already have a hypothesis? Just thinking out loud. JMO.

I also can't get past the amount of baby fat that is depicted in her cheeks. Kids lose the chubbiness in their faces between ages 3-4. I really don't think it's possible at all that Baby Doe is 5.

My DD is going to be 10. She STILL hasn't lost the baby fat in her cheeks. In fact, I was just looking at her today and marveling at how cherubic and toddler-like she still looks to me. Still has the button nose, the dimples and rounded cheeks, though I fear it won't be for much longer. LOL

I wondered about the blanket wrapping and placement in regards to certain aspects of a predator having to do with it....remorse and caring for the child etc. I was not hoping but would rather a parent have done it but then I assume she'd have actually been dressed. :( this is just terrible and seemingly worse now. But in the same token why wouldn't her parents be missing her then. By now I'd have thought someone would come forward if she's here legally and missing. Ugh

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Another possibility: one or both parents is in the military, deployed elsewhere. Quite a common situation around New England due to several Air National Guard bases being here.

If the trusted caregiver is responsible, the parents might not even be aware of the situation yet.

Adding to this theory- parent(s) could be in jail or she could have been in the foster system. This could contribute to the lack of identification so far. I'm assuming LE is already checking all of this out and leaving no stone unturned. I'm only on WS sporadically, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I kind of feel that the red hair tie and the leggings is all she had. I can't imagine them bothering to list a red hair tie but leaving out something else of significance. I bought a pack of those hair ties at WalMart for my granddaughter a couple years back. Still have a ton of them, various colors. I'm the type that will pick a color to match the outfit most of the time, but if I'm just fixing her hair in a pinch to go to the pool or something, I won't pay any attention to the color. So to me, I can't imagine they would add something of little significance and eliminate a shirt or undies if she was wearing them. Also, I like one posters suggestion that it could possibly be her actual hair incorporated into the image . For those of you that might be interested , I saw on CNN .com an interview with the actual artist of this precious child's face this morning. She shared how she came to the final rendition.
Hope this link works, I'm an inexperienced poster.
Artist behind 'Baby Doe' image feels every case [video=cnn;us/2015/07/11/computerized-images-help-solve-cases-casarez-dnt-ac.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/massachusetts-dead-toddler-forensics/index.html[/video]

Ut oh, that appears to be a bad link. Sorry! I'm on my cell on Tapatalk so I won't try to attempt it again right now.

OK so after reading the article to go with this video, it says different stock images are used. Being proficient in Photoshop for my job, it looks to me not so much that they overlayed digital images over a real photos of the girl, but just pulled different similar images from a stock photo site and used it to create the composite. The underlying photo of the messy hair with blue shirt looks like a generic school photo, not any clue as to what her shirt may have looked like or how messy her actual hair was. I am thinking the hair was matted and knotted in a hair band, as my own dd's hair gets when she sleeps on it. I am leaning toward she did not have a shirt or it would have been mentioned.

Welcome to WS. According to NAMUS these are the only children who have been ruled out thus far:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Shoshana Black 1994 Massachusetts
Gibbs Cassidy 2010 California
Aliya Lunsford 2008 West Virginia
Paula A. Ramerez - Figuroa 2013 California
ayla reynolds 2010 Maine

So Maggie Sophia has not been ruled out? Can anyone do a side by side of the girl holding the sign and the earlier pictures of Maggie? I don't know why I am so stuck on her.

This whole case makes me ill. And for the record, I don't care if her parents are legal, illegal, afraid , or whatever - there is NO EXCUSE for dumping your baby. They could have left her at a church if they really cared. SCUM

So Maggie Sophia has not been ruled out? Can anyone do a side by side of the girl holding the sign and the earlier pictures of Maggie? I don't know why I am so stuck on her.

This whole case makes me ill. And for the record, I don't care if her parents are legal, illegal, afraid , or whatever - there is NO EXCUSE for dumping your baby. They could have left her at a church if they really cared. SCUM

I'm a relative rookie to websleuthing, but I think it could be due to Maggie not being in NAMUS? Authorities seem pretty convinced it's not her, but the resemblance is striking.

I'm a relative rookie to websleuthing, but I think it could be due to Maggie not being in NAMUS? Authorities seem pretty convinced it's not her, but the resemblance is striking.

It is NOT Maggie. Maggie is in Mexico with her father's family. Maggie's mom talked to her and her ex who promised to help get Maggie a passport so they she can come live with mom. Maggie knows her mom and was happy to talk to her and reassured her mom that she was fine. The father works out of town and has other children so his mother and sisters actually have Maggie. He said he was willing to let Samantha have her because she was not living with him and he had other children in Mexico to care for. Samantha said she is 100% Maggie is fine in Mexico.

I got this information 1st hand from Maggie's mom Samantha.

I think what we can take from the resemblance is that Baby Doe quite likely be Hispanic as Maggie was, or at least 1/2.
I think she is 1/2 and child of illegals however, if she was found with only the items listed then instead of female caretaker I am leaning toward a predator. Not sure how she is not listed as missing but perhaps mother is dead or unable to report her missing.

It is NOT Maggie. Maggie is in Mexico with her father's family. Maggie's mom talked to her and her ex who promised to help get Maggie a passport so they she can come live with mom. Maggie knows her mom and was happy to talk to her and reassured her mom that she was fine. The father works out of town and has other children so his mother and sisters actually have Maggie. He said he was willing to let Samantha have her because she was not living with him and he had other children in Mexico to care for. Samantha said she is 100% Maggie is fine in Mexico.

I got this information 1st hand from Maggie's mom Samantha.

I think what we can take from the resemblance is that Baby Doe quite likely be Hispanic as Maggie was, or at least 1/2.
I think she is 1/2 and child of illegals however, if she was found with only the items listed then instead of female caretaker I am leaning toward a predator. Not sure how she is not listed as missing but perhaps mother is dead or unable to report her missing.

I agree. State PD was pretty quick to steer speculation away from Maggie, and this post summarizes why they did rule her out IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong