MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still reading backwards / playing catch up today but i had a thought -

Did he turn on her while dealing with a "drug issue" in the hospital? Did this hospital visit clear his head enough that guilt is what started this entire ball rolling yesterday or was the initial tip off with the search warrant, etc.?

I know i need to keep reading, but just a quick thought to throw out there...

We don't know yet. I hope we will know Monday at the hearing. It's just baffling the number of people coming forward NOW!! Like did something just go off in their heads NOW??

Because she's been appointed an attorney and it's now time for damage control. IMO

Yes, I don't blame anybody for getting rid of facebook et al when charged with a crime I'm just kicking myself for not reading it when I had the chance! Doh!

This is so tragic, has anyone seen information on the mothers boyfriend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm amazed that a woman who has had two previous children removed from her was allowed to keep her third child.

Here in the UK our Social Services would almost certainly have removed that baby at birth.

Something needs to change so that there are no more children ending up like Bella. RB should never have been able to keep Bella, its not as if the signs weren't there before Bella was even born.

I'm amazed that a woman who has had two previous children removed from her was allowed to keep her third child.

Here in the UK our Social Services would almost certainly have removed that baby at birth.

Something needs to change so that there are no more children ending up like Bella. RB should never have been able to keep Bella, its not as if the signs weren't there before Bella was even born.

Did you read that she had 2 children removed somewhere? I haven't heard that? Can you post a link to it if possible?

Here in US, mother actually has to do something to each new child even if older ones are removed.

Can you imagine the guilt her extended family must be feeling? For her to be missing for months and no one thought to check on her. I hope it's a wake up call for all families with drug addicts and/or disconnected loved ones to not assume anything and to check on the innocent ones. There really is no excuse for Bella to be missing for that length of time with NO one reporting it or doing some real in depth checking on her.

Bella's biological father was never a part of her life, so the toddler was with her mom all the time – even while Bond lived in the Mary Eliza Mahoney House Family Shelter in Roxbury, Massachusetts. "She was always cooking for her. That girl was well-fed," says Price, who met Bond and baby Bella in the shelter, with a laugh. "That's why her cheeks were so chubby."

http://www.people.com/article/bella-bond-girl-identified-baby-doe-always-happy-friends-say

So both JA's mom and RB's sister have said they thought it could be Bella. I assume neither had contact with Rachelle otherwise surely one of them would have asked questions.

I think Rachelle distanced herself from everyone she was once close to, all in the pursuit of her new man and their drug habits. She isn't friends on FB with any other Bonds or anyone with JA's surname. And this is why they've been able to cover it til now, everyone they currently associate with is a transient acquaintance, it would be easy (and commonplace in those circles) to say Bella was in care.

Still, the mind boggles why not one person called it in. Not one family member, friend of even FB friend thought it was worth a phone call. So, so sad.

Here in US, mother actually has to do something to each new child even if older ones are removed.

Thats awful! So no matter what abuse a 'mother' inflicts on her previous children, child services stand back and wait for her to do it again (knowing that she will) before they step in?!

Poor Bella. If she had been removed at birth, she would have had a chance at life.

Did you read that she had 2 children removed somewhere? I haven't heard that? Can you post a link to it if possible?

"Between 2001 and 2006, the department terminated parental rights regarding Bella's mother's other children, according to officials. One remains with the maternal grandmother. The other was adopted by a non-related family, DCF said."
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...boyfriend_charged_in_murder_of_bella_bond_mom

Rachelle Bond's last post on FB was April 24th, 2015 and it was a post about the weather channel...

This new guy, MM, must have come into her life after Christmas. Maybe the first of 2015. I can't find anything about when they hooked up. Her "friends" at the Mary Eliza Mahoney House Family Shelter in Roxbury, Massachusetts say she started acting weird when she hooked up with MM. That's when she began not returning phone calls, etc.

Thats awful! So no matter what abuse a 'mother' inflicts on her previous children, child services stand back and wait for her to do it again (knowing that she will) before they step in?!

Poor Bella. If she had been removed at birth, she would have had a chance at life.

No. They sometimes remove all future children. My aunt works at a women's hospital and their are women who child services is right there to take the child once it's born.

MA DCF has made a number of mistakes leaving children with bio families, and these children dying as a result.
In this case, mother lost parental rights to two older children. DCF had a case on Bella in 2012 and in 2013. Yet they closed the case, didn't follow up. Now Bella is dead.

To be she seemed like she was getting angry that the poor girl wasn't paying attention to all the pressies on the table. She was clearly overwhelmed!

Yep, seemed agitated. I don't necessarily agree that that posting showed her as a super loving mother. If anything overwhelming and a little harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member