MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be completely off base here, but I can't help but wonder... was Bella even ALIVE when MM moved into RB's apartment? Might it be that RB brought MM into her home very soon after Bella was killed (by RB) knowing that he was off his rocker and people would believe her if she blamed him? Think about it... if she killed her own daughter and knew eventually someone would find out her daughter were gone...how is she going to get out of it if she has nobody to post the blame on? This guy- who is clearly mentally challenged- says RB had told him DCF had taken her. Is that what she said to him when he moved in? I had a little girl who was possessed by those demons you always talk about, but DCF took her away... so then MM starts to see (and talk about) visions of little Bella walking to his bed based on those loony stories RB told him about Bella.

Again, I could be totally off, but it's just the way I'm leaning. Am I alone here?

Also, perhaps Bella was not in the fridge. Perhaps she knew that if they found the body, the time of death wouldn't align, so she made up the fridge story to try to explain why it was off.
The guy whose sister phoned in the tip to the cops lived at one time with RB, MM and Bella. So, MM knew Bella.

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Mymadori a longtime friend of MM's also lived with them and said Bella was there and often locked screaming in a closet for up to an hour at times.

I wonder if MM has any proof of not being at that apartment for any length of time during the time period in question? That is the only way I could believe what his lawyer is claiming.

Did little Bella Bond suffer every day?

This is what haunts me. That Bella Bond’s horrific murder was not a single act of violence, an aberration in an up-to-then perfect, storybook life. But that this little girl suffered every day.

Conceived in a drug-induced haze in an Occupy Boston tent, she never met her father. Prosecutors say she was murdered on a mattress on a cluttered floor, allegedly by her mother’s boyfriend, stuffed in a trash bag, shoved in a refrigerator, thrown into a duffel bag with a couple of weights so she wouldn’t float up, then tossed into the sea.

This is what we know about Bella Bond. And what we know is sickening.

But what we don’t know may be even worse.

There’s a video of Bella on her second birthday, shot by her drug-addled mother who can barely hold the camera. The footage is jerky and unfocused, but it shows Bella wearing a sparkly outfit, a beauty sash, a tiara, and holding a wand. She’s being led into a room by her aunt. The child looks confused. Her mother is shouting and spraying her with silly string and is loud and insistent. “Happy birthday, Bella! Come on, Bella. Come on. . . . Look what Mama did while you were sleeping. Look! Look! Look! LOOK at the table!!”

On the table are presents and there are balloons everywhere — a huge effort by the mother, right? But it is hard to watch the labored glad-handing of Rachelle Bond, a woman appearing so stoned that it’s almost like a skit, a bad skit. And there is wariness in her daughter’s eyes.

What was Bella wary of? Being screamed at? Being called a demon? Being locked in a closet again? Or being loved and doted on, but just for a while. Just for now, while the camera is running.

Who can imagine all that Bella Bond suffered? Every adult in her life failed her...

-snip

More: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...r-every-day/zHdAA717ONxXfHy8tRwgBP/story.html

Then add to that a slithery, dirty creep with a dog that barked at her (from the article), that joined her "mother" in locking her up , screaming at her and God only knows what else. UGH I can hardly think of it. Perhaps that's why in January she wasn't speaking anymore? THIS is why I hold RB more responsible. How dare she bring that creature into their lives?

SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN
WHY ARE 'MOTHERS' BOYFRIENDS' SO LIKELY TO KILL?

Since the bio-mother has a history of child neglect/violence and seems very very strict I would have to put my money on her.

IMO the boyfriend/MM would have "rolled with it" if Bella was being loud/irritating while RB was on a mission to discipline/control Bella. I just can't imagine MM locking a screaming Bella in the closet while a fretting RB stood by helplessly/silently as her child was abused.

Did little Bella Bond suffer every day?

This is what haunts me. That Bella Bond’s horrific murder was not a single act of violence, an aberration in an up-to-then perfect, storybook life. But that this little girl suffered every day.

Conceived in a drug-induced haze in an Occupy Boston tent, she never met her father. Prosecutors say she was murdered on a mattress on a cluttered floor, allegedly by her mother’s boyfriend, stuffed in a trash bag, shoved in a refrigerator, thrown into a duffel bag with a couple of weights so she wouldn’t float up, then tossed into the sea.

This is what we know about Bella Bond. And what we know is sickening.

But what we don’t know may be even worse.

There’s a video of Bella on her second birthday, shot by her drug-addled mother who can barely hold the camera. The footage is jerky and unfocused, but it shows Bella wearing a sparkly outfit, a beauty sash, a tiara, and holding a wand. She’s being led into a room by her aunt. The child looks confused. Her mother is shouting and spraying her with silly string and is loud and insistent. “Happy birthday, Bella! Come on, Bella. Come on. . . . Look what Mama did while you were sleeping. Look! Look! Look! LOOK at the table!!”

On the table are presents and there are balloons everywhere — a huge effort by the mother, right? But it is hard to watch the labored glad-handing of Rachelle Bond, a woman appearing so stoned that it’s almost like a skit, a bad skit. And there is wariness in her daughter’s eyes.

What was Bella wary of? Being screamed at? Being called a demon? Being locked in a closet again? Or being loved and doted on, but just for a while. Just for now, while the camera is running.

Who can imagine all that Bella Bond suffered? Every adult in her life failed her...

-snip

More: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...r-every-day/zHdAA717ONxXfHy8tRwgBP/story.html

Her Mom “Happy birthday, Bella! Come on, Bella. Come on. . . . Look what Mama did while you were sleeping. Look! Look! Look! LOOK at the table!!”

It was probably more like this “Happy birthday, Bella! Come on, Bella. Come on. . . . Look what Mama did while YOU WERE LOCKED IN THE CLOSET. Look! Look! Look! LOOK at the table!!”

I'm waiting to hear from a source other than MM or RB when Bella was last seen alive.

The investigation will pinpoint when MM moved in with RB and whether or not Bella was alive around that same time period.

Shapiro, the attorney for MM, will work hard to try to find people who can say that MM was not in RB's apartment late on the night of May 29 into the early hours of May 30.

Of course, many of the people who will be interviewed during this process will have drug issues, so their credibility will be highly scrutinized.

The tip came in on September 16 and LE began investigating it that day. More information came in on September 17, when Sprinsky met with LE and warrants were obtained. RB and MM were detained for questioning less than 48 hours after the initial tip and then arrested that same day. They were both arraigned on September 21 or less than 5 days after receiving the tip. While there certainly was enough basis to detain the two, there has been very little time to sort out the details and build a case, especially when you consider what they have to work with for hard evidence.

Mymadori a longtime friend of MM's also lived with them and said Bella was there and often locked screaming in a closet for up to an hour at times.

I wonder if MM has any proof of not being at that apartment for any length of time during the time period in question? That is the only way I could believe what his lawyer is claiming.

I wonder when this happened did MS try to let Bella out or convince either one of those idiots what they were doing was abusive and wrong and to let her out or did he stand by and watch, do nothing?

I went through a bunch of articles to try to build a timeline. There are some questionable dates, as some weren't specific dates. Please feel free to update/change or add to this. Think this will help in piecing things together.

1/15 TB last sees her niece at her house
3/12/15 MF last sees Bella at her birthday party
5/15? RB claims MM killed Bella & then hid in fridge
5/15? RB & MM spent days on heroin following murder
6/25/15 Body of Baby Doe found in bag on Deer Island
7/15? MF claims she contacted LE or DCF about Bella
7/20/15 85 Digital Billboards go up about Baby Doe
8/28/15? JA returns to Boston from Florida (few weeks prior?)
8/28/15? JA said RB said Bella was in Cape Cod
9/8/15? JA & PQ claimed they contacted LE or DCF about Bella
9/16/15? RB tells MS that MM killed Bella after much pressure
9/16/15 LS, MS sister contacts LE
9/17/15? RB told JA that MM murdered Bella & spent night at water
9/17/15 MS talks with investigators
9/17/15 RB's apt is searched
9/18/15 Baby Doe identified as Bella Bond
9/18/15 LE finds MM at hospital for minor surgery
9/18/15 RB & JA picked up at his mothers house
9/21/15 Rachell Bond & Michael McCarthy Arraignment
9/23/15 RB's apt searched again & K-9 brought in

When was MM admitted to the hospital & how did that happen??

Did RB go with JA to his mothers house because her apt was being searched?

RB Rachell Bond (mother)
JA Joseph Amoroso (bio dad)
PQ Patricia Quinn (JA's mother)
TB Tamera Bond (RB's sister)
MF Megan Fewtrell (godmother)
MM Michael McCarthy (boyfriend)
MS Michael Spinsky (MM's friend)
LS Laura Spinsky (MS's sister)

Joypath thanks so much for lending your experience to Bella's discussion. I understand that freezing would probably lead to changes that would be forensically obvious to the ME. But what about simple refrigeration and not freezing. It has been most widely reported that Bella's little body was placed in a refrigerator and not specifically in a freezer.

If she were refrigerated and never frozen, would that refrigeration be as easily discernable during autopsy as freezing would or less so?

thanks,

tlcya

Simple answer.................MAYBE!................(see I can be "non-verbose"!:laughing:)

BUT.....not for long!:happydance:

I mentioned before what I ASSUMED might have occurred in the morgue: total DUHs& some "head scratching" as the scene pictures, evidence & body were examined.

Starting at the scene: the OCME techs probably were stunned over the insect(s) present & missing! The TOD frequently can be supported by the specific "critters" present, modification of the body's storage/temperature CAN impact that proven entomological sequence. Then the mixed condition of the body also might lend a question as to where the actual death scene occurred.
A forensic pathologist DID present @ the body recovery scene (inside info!) due to the "weirdness"!

Refrigeration of the body would slow down the decomposition process BUT will NOT stop it (freezing will stop it), picking up the clues of it would be difficult & again be based on the culmination of ALL data. Refrigeration is NOT as easy to pinpoint as freezing as the changes in anatomy is more subtle (erythrocytes don't "explode").

Another detail causing havoc with the examination is the effects of the H2O and the animal activity from H2O animals. Then add in the "greenhouse" effect of the bag as the body lay on a hot, sandy beach!

I went through a bunch of articles to try to build a timeline. There are some questionable dates, as some weren't specific dates. Please feel free to update/change or add to this. Think this will help in piecing things together.

1/15 TB last sees her niece at her house
3/12/15 MF last sees Bella at her birthday party
5/15? RB claims MM killed Bella & then hid in fridge
5/15? RB & MM spent days on heroin following murder
6/25/15 Body of Baby Doe found in bag on Deer Island
7/15? MF claims she contacted LE or DCF about Bella
7/20/15 85 Digital Billboards go up about Baby Doe
8/28/15? JA returns to Boston from Florida (few weeks prior?)
8/28/15? JA said RB said Bella was in Cape Cod
9/8/15? JA & PQ claimed they contacted LE or DCF about Bella
9/16/15? RB tells MS that MM killed Bella after much pressure
9/16/15 LS, MS sister contacts LE
9/17/15? RB told JA that MM murdered Bella & spent night at water
9/17/15 MS talks with investigators
9/17/15 RB's apt is searched
9/18/15 Baby Doe identified as Bella Bond
9/18/15 LE finds MM at hospital for minor surgery
9/18/15 RB & JA picked up at his mothers house
9/21/15 Rachell Bond & Michael McCarthy Arraignment
9/23/15 RB's apt searched again & K-9 brought in

When was MM admitted to the hospital & how did that happen??

Did RB go with JA to his mothers house because her apt was being searched?

RB Rachell Bond (mother)
JA Joseph Amoroso (bio dad)
PQ Patricia Quinn (JA's mother)
TB Tamera Bond (RB's sister)
MF Megan Fewtrell (godmother)
MM Michael McCarthy (boyfriend)
MS Michael Spinsky (MM's friend)
LS Laura Spinsky (MS's sister)

Thank you for this wonderful timeline!!!

I am going to open a new thread in a few minutes so be prepared to back up your posts before hitting send. I will be sure to copy over the member created timeline above :)

Also, if anyone wants to go through and place links next to the timeline entries that would be super helpful. IME later on down the road we will be questioning where this or that entry comes from ;)

I still want to know where Aunt Shannon is...

I don't think RB kept friends very long. Probably just another user that moved along, or a friend that was trying to support her when clean... any number of explanations for her. We know she wasn't truly an "aunt". People were in and out of that house. I'm sure they were all "aunt" and "uncle", sigh :(

<snip>

This week, McMahon said, he found a diary McCarthy left behind when he moved out in January. It was filled with conspiracy theories, McMahon said, and ideas about demonology. McMahon turned the diary over to police.

McMahon said much of McCarthy&#8217;s rambling seemed to be bluster: &#8220;He knew the difference between right and wrong.&#8221;

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ong-descent/9UPZB7U1kHjsDEi96BebyH/story.html

Hmmmm....so he found MM's diary and the biggest revelation is "he knew the difference between right and wrong"?

McMahon apparently read the diary, and talked to the Globe about the diary, so if it contained the rantings of a wannabe"child killer/satanic monster" I kind of think McMahon would have shared that (for a few bucks).

Why would RB have him? What did he have? He was stinky and dirty.

She seemed to hate a mess.

Did he still have hundreds of dollars a day? Did he have some kind of trust that doled out some money per week or month?

Where is his dog?

Or who she was with at the time of the video hated mess.

Your new thread is located here: Thread #6 and is open for posting. This one will close in 5 minutes.

Late this summer, driven by drugs and haunted by spirits nobody else could see, McCarthy began telling people that his live-in girlfriend’s toddler daughter was filled with demons. But by that time, 2-year-old Bella Bond was already dead, her body stuffed in the apartment refrigerator, and later tossed into the harbor.

In a group session this summer, according to a patient who gave his name as J.P., McCarthy said his little dog could sense that Bella was a demon, and barked at her. Another group therapy patient said McCarthy spoke of experiencing a vision in which the girl came to him sleepwalking, and he got up to put her back to bed, only to imagine her again.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ong-descent/9UPZB7U1kHjsDEi96BebyH/story.html

Okay I know I'm probably being a bit over the top and redundant here but if he said all these things in group and a therapist was running the group and felt that a client/patient disclosed something that is a threat to another person, they must notify that person or the persons parents if it's a minor. There's a Duty to Warn, or Tarasoff Duty as it's often called. I'm not sure if what was disclosed would meet those qualifications, and if it did, if the person running the group was a licensed therapist (I believe I read that this applies to licensed therapists only but someone correct me if I'm wrong), Either way, as a human being, I would expect a competent therapist or caseworker to try to gather more info about the child and report it if they are concerned about a minor child being abused and/or neglected. This is just scary.

The problem is this: they were BOTH in the apartment when the alleged killing happened. RB is the ONLY witness.

What on earth could they find that would prove MM (and not RB) did this? Even a fingerprint left in the victim's blood wouldn't prove who the killer is. If they had semen or fingerprints around the throat they wouldn't have been so vague about the possibility of foul play when they found the body.

The fact that MM said NOTHING to the police, and simply asked for an attorney when they accused/questioned him is going to be one mammoth hurdle for the prosecution to overcome.

Maybe he started a new diary? One can hope anyway.

I do not remember reading freezer, Just refrigerator. She would not have been frozen at any point then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater