MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know fellow Sleuthers...I just can't seem to get my mind around this...let us say Shapiro really does an excellent cross and gets her to admit lots of things that put his client in a better light...just say it is a A+++ cross and short of confessing it is obvious that she did it what good is any of it other than to get his client off?? As I understand it there is no way to go after her other than what she has right now.

Her case is still in process while MM's trial is going on. That is because her plea deal hinges on her truthfulness and cooperation. I am still unclear if, because it hasn't been finalized, her charges can be upgraded.
My sense is that they can be without subjecting her to double jeopardy. IMO DJ would only apply if her case has been adjudicated.

JMO

listening to her call herself a stay at home mom makes me ill.

i have a memory of her being asked by the cw on direct about her deal and that she said nothing can change...it is done...have to go back and listen again.

another person that let Bella down is her aunt Tamera...older sister of Rb...even this sister thinks RB killed Bella..."On Monday, after her sister’s arraignment, Tamera Bond said she was “disgusted” when she saw Rachelle in the news. She said she believes her sister is “solely responsible” for Bella’s death and should be held accountable " I mean this sister knows her and apparently they were raised in a home where they were abused...she saw Rb abuse her other children and had a strong suspicion she was abusing Bella...but did nothing!!

I just don't understand what they were thinking.
She's the mother. She's responsible! I could easily convict her of many crimes.

I don't see any evidence that proves she's telling the truth and he's not.
What an enormous mess.

I do not understand that plea deal. At all. How about we will take death off the table and give you life, no parole, if you are found guilty. She's not doing any favors for anyone in this trial! I'm so confused. But mostly mad. Not sure why I have been so scared of even accidentally commiting a crime all my life. Apparently, I can stop being responsible for my child and it's no big deal to the courts anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Just a reminder, today court will start at 10:00am. Next week court will recess at 1:00 on Tuesday and Thursday...the judge will advise if this will change.

Does anyone have a link to a live feed they could share, please?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...stice_for_bella_hinges_on_mothers_credibility

"Rachelle Bond will be back on the stand Monday, and soon after the prosecutor finishes with her, McCarthy’s attorneys will have their shot to break down her already spotty story.

The best hope for the state’s case is that jurors will discard the testimony and render a judgment based on the fact that someone needs to pay for Bella Bond’s murder.

It won’t be the mother who failed her or the biological father who abandoned her.

All that’s left is Michael McCarthy, the broken man who shook his head as his ex-girlfriend called him a killer."

ThreadClosed.gif

link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads