MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only heard from the start after Bella was found he thought Bella was wth CPS and didn't know she was dead. That's all I ever heard from the beginning.

I think this face speaks volumes JMO

Is this her too scared to get away from MM and go to police look?

22df0eddab337663a8cc0eeddd3076e4.jpg

Yes, looks like a hard tough creature, not a sweet, kind, motherly woman raising a child.

I wish in that plea agreement it included sterilization.

It amazes me what hoops a person has to jump through to adopt a child, yet women like her can just keep on having babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me what hoops a person has to jump through to adopt a child, yet women like her can just keep on having babies.

Go figure. I agree 100% I think she was the boss and wore the pants in that household. She had the upper hand, she had all the money resources including the house.

Sheesh was that DA smoking crack when he approved that plea deal? Couldn't he order her tubes tied. She will never change.

Sickening.

Go figure. I agree 100% I think she was the boss and wore the pants in that household. She had the upper hand, she had all the money resources including the house.

Sheesh was that DA smoking crack when he approved that plea deal? Couldn't he order her tubes tied. She will never change.

Sickening.

Didn't she make a comment about being past the age of having babies or did I imagine that?

There have been some questions recently about whether this jury could find MM guilty of other charges (such as accessory after the fact or abuse of a corpse, which to my knowledge is not a crime in MA), and whether this jury could find RB guilty of perjury. The answer to both questions is no. MM is not on trial for anything other than first degree murder. RB is not on trial for anything at this point.

The judge in this trial could instruct the jury that they may find MM guilty of a lesser-included offense of first degree murder: second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter, if the facts show that a reasonable jury could convict on any of those theories. If you are interested in what the law requires for such convictions or what those instructions might look like, see the Model Jury Instructions on Homicide.

The only way RB gets convicted for perjury is if the DA chooses to bring a separate perjury case against her, which would require him to believe he has ironclad evidence that she was lying on the stand in this trial or at the grand jury.

ETA: FWIW I do not think there will be any factual basis for a voluntary manslaughter instruction. As the evidence currently stands I think there will probably be instructions on second degree and involuntary manslaughter.

Just to add to your statement; per this video from LawNews, you can listen to the instructions given to the jury which are to answer the question of guilty or not guilty and that's all. The Judge goes into great detail advising this jury that the defendent is to be presumed innocent unless the Commonwealth can present proof of guilt. At the end of all testimony, she (Judge) will instruct the jury on the specific laws as they relate to this case.

There is no mention of (as of current) that the jury can choose any other response except guilty or not guilty on the charge of 1st degree murder which was detailed in the formal indictment.

Here's the link to the LawNews clip and it's worth listening to again just to make sure we all understand what the Judge has advised.

https://youtu.be/UCIPyeUYrrk

Just to add to your statement; per this video from LawNews, you can listen to the instructions given to the jury which are to answer the question of guilty or not guilty and that's all. The Judge goes into great detail advising this jury that the defendent is to be presumed innocent unless the Commonwealth can present proof of guilt. At the end of all testimony, she (Judge) will instruct the jury on the specific laws as they relate to this case.

There is no mention of (as of current) that the jury can choose any other response except guilty or not guilty on the charge of 1st degree murder which was detailed in the formal indictment.

Here's the link to the LawNews clip and it's worth listening to again just to make sure we all understand what the Judge has advised.

https://youtu.be/UCIPyeUYrrk

Thanks I heard it but all the lawyer verbiage went over my head. Can you please explain for us regular folks?

Thanks I heard it but all the lawyer verbiage went over my head. Can you please explain for us regular folks?

The indictment dicates the charges against MM, 1st degree murder. Either the jury finds him guilty of 1st degee murder or not guilty which means he's acquitted and free to walk.

After the 4 weeks, or so, of testimony, the Judge will provide detailed instructions to the Jury regarding specific laws that relate to this case. But in the end they have only two choices, guilty or not guilty of 1st degree murder. The Judge then recommends the sentencing if he's found guilty by the jury.

Did that help?

The indictment dicates the charges against MM, 1st degree murder. Either the jury finds him guilty of 1st degee murder or not guilty which means he's acquitted and free to walk.

After the 4 weeks, or so, of testimony, the Judge will provide detailed instructions to the Jury regarding specific laws that relate to this case. But in the end they have only two choices, guilty or not guilty of 1st degree murder. The Judge then recommends the sentencing if he's found guilty by the jury.

Did that help?

Thanks I knew that I meant when they were going over that RB plea agreement. It was in one of the hearings without jury. They were talking about her false statements and how the plea deal was going to be handled.

Please don't think I'm being stupid, I'm confused.So I'll ask anyways, I've been watching the trial on youtube, I'll number my questions so you can give me short answers. I appreciate it. :)

1) The trial that is going on right now? Is that only for RB? or RB and MM?

2)Will MM get his own trial?

3)Is the most RB can get is 17 years and not charged with any kind of murder charge?

4) Does anyone here feel like this judge is biased and just wants to get over with it? Or is it just me?

Please don't think I'm being stupid, I'm confused.So I'll ask anyways, I've been watching the trial on youtube, I'll number my questions so you can give me short answers. I appreciate it. :)

1) The trial that is going on right now? Is that only for RB? or RB and MM?

2)Will MM get his own trial?

3)Is the most RB can get is 17 years and not charged with any kind of murder charge?

4) Does anyone here feel like this judge is biased and just wants to get over with it? Or is it just me?

A) No one is stupid.
1) It is only MM. RB entered a plea a while ago so no trial for her.
2) This is it for MM.
3) No murder charge for RB - Accessory after the fact was her plea.
4) IMO, no she has been polite with RB as a DA witness. She has been tolerant of the Defense's tactics but come on Shapiro, It's either E-mail, Call or text. Not interchangeable. JMO but both the defense and the DA are disorganized.

HTH?

A) No one is stupid.
1) It is only MM. RB entered a plea a while ago so no trial for her.
2) This is it for MM.
3) No murder charge for RB - Accessory after the fact was her plea.
4) IMO, no she has been polite with RB as a DA witness. She has been tolerant of the Defense's tactics but come on Shapiro, It's either E-mail, Call or text. Not interchangeable. JMO but both the defense and the DA are disorganized.

HTH?

Thank you, so this trial determines MMs fate ? and what happens with RB? after this trial?

Thank you, so this trial determines MMs fate ? and what happens with RB? after this trial?
As I understand it:
MM is the one on trial for Bella's murder. Provided RB is not charged with perjury or impeached( which is rare) she will walk with 2 years probation. A tragedy IMO. I like your Aristotle quote :).

Thread #9 is ready for posting. This thread will close in 10 minutes. Click the button to transfer over to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member