MA MA - Brittany Tee, 35, Brookfield, 10 Jan 2023 *last seen leaving a residence*

35 and working in a liquor store, a broken down car, possibly an unpaid cell bill. It makes you wonder if she crossed paths with an undesirable person, maybe someone who knew her and is keeping her. Reminds me also of the girl not far from there out for a jog and picked up and murdered by a guy working for Amazon or something, Vanessa Marcotte. I am not sure life was going so great for Brittany though, couldn’t afford to fix her Jeep? Any known substance abuse issues?

35 and working in a liquor store, a broken down car, possibly an unpaid cell bill. It makes you wonder if she crossed paths with an undesirable person, maybe someone who knew her and is keeping her. Reminds me also of the girl not far from there out for a jog and picked up and murdered by a guy working for Amazon or something, Vanessa Marcotte. I am not sure life was going so great for Brittany though, couldn’t afford to fix her Jeep? Any known substance abuse issues?
Victimology wise, Vanessa was very different; lower risk. The posture of law enforcement and Early, the DA, makes me think they definitely believe a crime has been committed.

This shows a picture of police & K9 searching at the house where Brittany was last seen.
Thank you for the link and for pointing that out.

Noting:

At one point, authorities focused on a house at 18 Main St. A spokeswoman for Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. confirmed that the address is where Brittany was last seen.

ANONYMOUS TIP LINE: (508) 453-7589

JAN 17, 2023
[...]

“We do believe she’s in the area. There are multiple possibilities; that’s why we’re asking for help,” said Worcester DA Joseph Early Jr. in a short update to the investigation on Tuesday afternoon, in which he said police have expanded their search to a 3-mile radius of the home she shared with her boyfriend. “It’s not a crime scene, it’s a search.”

[...]

“I can’t stress it enough how out of character it is that she didn’t contact friends but also family,” friend Jesse Melanson told the Herald on Tuesday, adding that to go without contact is “Impossible, of her own will.”

The North Brookfield man has known Brittany Tee for a very long time, as he said he dated her older sister throughout high school and a year or two afterward and thought of the younger woman almost as a bit of a younger sister at times.

[...]

The outreach seems to be helping, as Early at the Tuesday press conference said the tips have been pouring in and have helped the investigation by pointing it in “the right direction” and has sped things up by eliminating false trails. ...

[...]

The stretch of Main Street where Tee lived with her boyfriend runs along farmland webbed with what Melanson described as very thick woods. It’s a car-dependent area, he said, that’s not conducive to walking to work or for errands.

... she isn’t anyone’s definition of a hardcore outdoors person who would wander off through the woods and get lost.

Plus, he said, people in the area know her. She was a familiar face from her work at the liquor store up the road from the Main Street home and, before that, from years of waitressing at the Black and White Grille in town. She has an outgoing personality and a distinctive voice — “if she spoke and someone closed their eyes, they would know it was Brittany,” Melanson said.

[...]

The district attorney said investigators are in possession of Tee's laptop and her car.

Last edited:
"This is totally out of character," mom Susan M. Tee told the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, adding that she did not think her daughter would run away on her own.
Brittany Tee

The search resumed on Wednesday with a larger radius, according to the Massachusetts State Police.

Video: Search continues for missing Brookfield woman Brittany Tee

JAN 18, 2023
[...]

“There is no ground search currently planned for Thursday. Assets are on standby while logistical work is performed on the search mission,” the DA’s Office said in an email to news outlets Wednesday afternoon.

Boston.com asked the DA’s Office why the ground search was halted, what logistical work was being performed, and whether evidence had been found that suggested a ground search was no longer necessary, but the DA’s Office declined to answer, simply saying that the investigation into Tee’s disappearance is ongoing.

[...]

JAN 18, 2023
[...]

“There is no ground search currently planned for Thursday. Assets are on standby while logistical work is performed on the search mission,” the DA’s Office said in an email to news outlets Wednesday afternoon.

Boston.com asked the DA’s Office why the ground search was halted, what logistical work was being performed, and whether evidence had been found that suggested a ground search was no longer necessary, but the DA’s Office declined to answer, simply saying that the investigation into Tee’s disappearance is ongoing.

[...]
Makes me so very sad when I hear them say there’s no longer a ground search necessary…

According to the first article below (paywalled), LE has Brittany's phone as well as her laptop and car. I haven't seen that reported anywhere else, so I have to wonder if that's accurate. ? MOO

Tuesday, investigative teams extensively searched the grounds, the vacant barns, sheds and residence at 18 Main St., which is the last place Tee was seen around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 10.

The property at 18 Main St. was once the home of Roma-View Farm, owned and operated by Roger D. Bacon. He passed away in 2016.

From the video ^:

Brittany's best friend, MS, says Brittany's boyfriend is cooperating with police.

Reporter says the DA is asking anyone in town with cameras at their home to pass along their footage to police. They're also asking those who live near or on Maple Street or Main Street to check sheds, hunting blinds, or other buildings on their property.

Lewis Field | Maple Street | State Police Barracks - Google Maps

@youarentsilly, we know that her phone last pinged near the police barracks on route 9, so it may just be the battery went dead. MOO
So she did or did not share a home with her boyfriend?

ETA: I think I found my answer:

Brittany Tee, 35, hasn't been seen since about 8:30 p.m. last Tuesday when she left a Brookfield home on foot, officials say. State and local police believe she walked away from the home on Main Street, where her sister says she's been living, and disappeared near Lewis Field down the road.

Last edited:
As the search radius expanded from an estimated two to three miles, in the area of Lewis Field, law enforcement officials have not indicated anything substantial has been found. Teams searched throughout the day in various spots and neighborhoods.

[..]

State police teams dressed in black, many carrying what appeared to be trash pickers, combed backyards and woods on North Brookfield and East Brookfield roads, as well as other streets in the center of town.

1/18/23

Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.'s office said Wednesday that there was no ground search planned for Thursday.

Tee, a 2006 graduate of David Prouty High School in Spencer and 2010 graduate of Westfield State College, is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Police said she was last seen wearing a black winter coat, a hoodie, jeans and work boots.

On Tuesday, Brittany’s mother, Susan M. Tee, said it is not like her daughter to just disappear without calling her family to check in or tell her of her whereabouts.

Bethany L. Tee, sister of Brittany Tee, described her missing sibling as a “lover of live music, lake life and the Cape, having her feet in the water, sunsets, her family and friends.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back