MA - Chemist in drug test flap is arrested

sFun_banghead2.gif
sFun_banghead2.gif
sFun_banghead2.gif

I would have given her a choice. I'll change your curfew to 4pm or I'll revoke your bond. Which would you prefer?

Exactly!

I dread to think what other delusions are going on in her life. You can just tell she is a habitual liar :moo:

This reminds me of a few other similar situations.

A woman at a local hospital that was just arrested for fraudulently entering 1200 mammograms as negative when none had been read by a radiologist (10 people had cancer and some died as a result).

The female firefighter that was always the first to "discover and report" forest fires, until it turned out she was starting them.

A cadaver dog handler (also female) that was offering her services for free to various police departments until it turned out she was planting evidence and then her dog was "finding it".

Seems to be a pattern here and they seem to do it for "praise".

There's a guy out in California who had a knack for exactly figuring out how a fire started. Naturally he was promoted several times and very quickly. Then another investigator figured out that it was him who was starting the fires. That's how he knew exactly how they started.

One of the fires killed a grandma and her grandson. They had a lot more evidence than I can list here, but I'll tell you he was writing a book and the book was about pyromaniac and the narrative was almost exactly a literary reconstruction of the fires they could prove he lit.

He's in prison now, and won't ever leave. In fact, IIRC, one fire investigator said that approx. 65 brush fires had happened the year before he was incarcerated. After he was incarcerated, the following year they only had one.

Mass. reeling from drug lab scandal a year later

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-mass_still_reeling_from_lab_scandal_a_ye-ap

BOSTON (AP) — The state is still reeling a year after a scandal at a drug lab threw the legal system into turmoil: More than 330 prison inmates have been released from custody and at least 1,100 cases have been dismissed or not prosecuted because of tainted evidence and other fallout from the facility's closure.

Annie Dookhan stands accused of faking test results, tampering with evidence and routinely ignoring testing protocols.

With thousands of challenges still making their way through the court system, many in the legal community believe it will be years before the cases handled by Dookhan are cleared...........

The scandal led to the resignation of the state's public health commissioner, the resignation of a manager at the lab and the firing of another manager.

The effects have reverberated throughout the state.

More at 3p. article.....

This is why I never automatically believe LE evidence, if the defense can show errors in the lab. Not only are there people who actively choose to tamper with evidence there are those who assume the police have the right guy and then subconsciously tailor the evidence report to bolster the arrest.

She deserved 20 years at least for what she has done.She also should have to pay every penny back ! DNA is a terrific tool in solving crimes but only if used in the correct hands.Labs need to ensure the people they hire are qualified to do their job.There also should be random retesting to ensure a quality control.Anyone doing 10 times the work as other techs should have been a red flag! She is a disgrace for what she has done. I wonder how many are walking the streets who are guilty because of her.Some will be released into the public who might have been guilty and will be let out because of this woman s actions.She is a menace !

She deserved 20 years at least for what she has done.She also should have to pay every penny back ! DNA is a terrific tool in solving crimes but only if used in the correct hands.Labs need to ensure the people they hire are qualified to do their job.There also should be random retesting to ensure a quality control.Anyone doing 10 times the work as other techs should have been a red flag! She is a disgrace for what she has done. I wonder how many are walking the streets who are guilty because of her.Some will be released into the public who might have been guilty and will be let out because of this woman s actions.She is a menace !

She wasn't performing DNA testing.

I'm a research scientist and I have never, ever gotten a job without having to submit my official transcripts, which not only list my classes and grades but the official date of my degree conferral. And those transcripts are never touched by me - they are held by a third party business (the Universities give the certified copies of transcripts to this third party business in bulk, and the business is then in charge of taking requests and sending them out), and when I request a copy of my own transcripts I can only specify to which institution I'd like them to be sent. They are physically mailed by the third party business to the institution to which I'm applying, and I never so much as touch them. How the heck did this woman claim to have a degree and NOT fulfill the requirement of having that certified by transcripts?

Now I'm in a position in which I hire my own lab workers, and again it's completely out of my hands - I don't even see an "incomplete" application, so if someone didn't pay for the certified transcripts to be included in their app, I'd never even see their application. It would be as if they'd never applied. And government labs are usually the MOST thorough.

So this part of this case has always confused me.

Whoever hired her did pretty much what SHE did - they made gross assumptions rather than doing their job and investigating. Unbelievable.

said they saw an interview with a DNA analyst who said that if a case was good they wouldn't test DNA or they would fudge the results.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Neither scenario is possible in a DNA lab, unless a sample is completely deliberately lost/thrown out/filled with bleach or something (and even in that case, the sample barcodes would immediately identify the person who "lost" it, so they'd only get away with that once). And "fudged" doesn't apply in any way at all. The identification process doesn't physically work that way and would be impossible in any lab I've ever worked in. Under the conditions that labs operate, it would be physically impossible to "tailor" DNA evidence to fit anything at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back