Found Safe MA - CM, 11, abducted, Springfield, 15 Jan 2020 *arrest*

My guess is the witnesses were mistaken about a woman, because this dude doesn't seem like the type that could get a woman to help him. Apparently he tried to approach another little girl on Monday.

"Western Mass News has learned that the father of a young girl reported to police that the suspect in yesterday's kidnapping approached his daughter on Monday at a McDonald's."
Suspect in Springfield abduction approached victim earlier in the week

It is hard to imagine how the witnesses got that part wrong though. If he was walking behind her, and pushed her in the back seat, how did he end up in the drivers seat without the witnesses seeing him walking up to the driver door and getting in?

And who was in the back seat, pushing the child down out of sight, as seen by the couple that called 911? He couldn't have been driving and doing that, could he? I guess he must have been since cops only find him in the car?

It is hard to imagine how the witnesses got that part wrong though. If he was walking behind her, and pushed her in the back seat, how did he end up in the drivers seat without the witnesses seeing him walking up to the driver door and getting in?

And who was in the back seat, pushing the child down out of sight, as seen by the couple that called 911? He couldn't have been driving and doing that, could he? I guess he must have been since cops only find him in the car?
From what I read the witnesses said they saw someone pushing someone down in the backseat. Meaning, someone was in the backseat being pushed down. Not that two people were in the back.

From what I read the witnesses said they saw someone pushing someone down in the backseat. Meaning, someone was in the backseat being pushed down. Not that two people were in the back.

That’s what I assumed as well when I heard that part.

As far as the witnesses saying there were two suspects, MAR could have pushed CM into the backseat, jumped in as well, had the child locks on both back doors, MAR could have then jumped into front seat and drove off. That’s the only thing I can think of, since no one reported him going around to the driver side door.

This is the first time I've seen an amber alert in action that had a quick success. I got quite emotional watching the couple chase the suspect.
my only worry now is where was the suspect holding Charlotte for all them hours and what has he done to her.
I doubt he was driving round for that amount of time. He would have been seen sooner.

This type of crime is predominantly committed by a man only. Reasons are nefarious. The perp in this case apparently has mental challenges that make a woman co-conspirator unlikely. It made no sense to me when I first heard the report of a woman involved.

It's a small car, so I could totally see an adult able to reach back to push a child down in the back seat.

‘We feel really bad;' Family of Miguel Rodriguez, man accused of abducting 11-year-old Charlotte Moccia, says he suffers from schizophrenia

According to his family, Miguel Rodriguez of Springfield has had a history of schizophrenia and paranoia. The 24-year-old was arrested Wednesday, accused of forcing an 11-year-old girl into a car and abducting her on her way home from school.

“We heard about it in the news, when we heard the amber alert," said Rodriguez’ father, Henry, at the family’s home on Bay Street in Springfield. "The kids came and told me and they say 'yeah, this looks like Miguel’s car.”

He noticed in the photos police had released that the blue Honda didn’t have any license plates. The realization dawned on him that it was his son that had committed the crime.

“We knew that sooner or later he was going to do something of this nature,” said Henry Rodriguez. “But not something this crazy.”

‘We feel really bad’; Family of man accused of abducting 11-year-old says he suffers from paranoia

Then why is he allowed to drive? Not buying it. if he was that sick he would not have a car or license.

Yes, and the video of him trying to lose a citizen following him at 100 miles per hour in Springfield is one example that clearly implies his knowledge of wrong doing. If his schizophrenia is the “ reason” why he abducted an innocent little girl than are we to believe that all schizophrenics are child abductors? Obviously not . Mental health problem likely abound here but they do not soften the truth of his evil and shouldn’t assuage public outrage. Perhaps this is the way the family can protect themselves from negative fallout. I feel for his family as they must have been at at a loss and maybe exhausted trying to handle this mans behavior on the regular, they likely do not have the ability to care for him and could possibly be upset and simultaneously relieved that he is not free and can’t hurt anyone including them. We need to bring back mental health hospitals and create local mental health centers, self medication is not working and families usually face the burden of caring for out of control bent humanity which is beyond their ability. We need Mental Health Hospital and local mental health centers for holding and evaluation all over our country- we need them to rival the numbers of CVS’s and Walgreens. MOO

Absolutely. he knew exactly what he was doing.

The heroism and fear of the couple that saved her makes me tear up. Thank God for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back