MA MA - Debra Marie ‘Debbie’ Melo, 30, Weymouth, 20 Jun 2000

Debbie Melo has been not been seen since June 20, 2000 with her husband Luiz reportedly being the last person to see her.

Her husband has never been ruled out as a suspect, with police now opening the case files for the first time as part of the 22nd anniversary.

Her family have all but given up hope that the mum from Taunton, Massachusetts, is alive and well - but they still want her found and back home.

At around 4pm on June 20, 2000, police say that Debbie's husband Luis told officers that after he drove her to a doctor's appointment the couple got into an argument on Route 18 in Weymouth.

Debbie Melo has been missing since June 20, 2000
Debbie Melo has been missing since June 20, 2000
Debbie's sister, Pattie White, told CBS Boston's WBZ I-Team : "He just said that he dropped her off at the side of the road, they got into an argument, he let her out, he drove down to the end of the street turned around came back -- and that she was gone.

"That was his story. I asked him did you do something to her?' He said "No, no, no."

I'm so sick of hearing the old "We got in an argument in the car, I dropped her off on the side of the road, and then she disappeared" story. We hear it over and over again. And the husband almost always gets away with it, even if police are suspicious and doubt the story.

Thinking of Debbie today, and wishing for a break in this case soon. 23 years is far too long for him to have gotten away with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back