MA MA - Debra Marie ‘Debbie’ Melo, 30, Weymouth, 20 Jun 2000

Missing: June 20, 2000
Clothing: Blue sundress with white flowers and white shirt underneath.

I know this area very well. The road is heavily traveled, even back in 2000. Based on the description of her clothing it would be highly unlikely someone would not have noticed her walking this route.

Information listed as activities taking place in June 2000 lists the Navy as removing 134 tons of lead contaminated soil. This alone shows the area to be active.

I don't buy the guys story. Reported her missing 24 hours later. Why he chose this as the location of the alleged disappearance is the mystery. Did he/she have known associates in this area? Did he/she frequent this area? Where were they heading on this day? or coming from? What put them in Weymouth on a Tuesday afternoon on Rte 18?

The base is open today. I've been there numerous times. Even when the base was "officially" closed you could drive right in there.

They had left a facial appt that she had in Weymouth that day. So she was in that area on that day and time. What is the mystery is what happened after. I don't believe that he wouldn't have called authorities or been out looking for her if he had nothing to do with it. He was very jealous and always knew where she was and when she was coming back. Even when they argued in the past I don't remember him ever leaving her on the side of the road and taking off. He would follow her in his car. I had heard the police had checked his car and the house for evidence. I also heard they found nothing in the car to suggest foul play. Probably not in the house either or he would have been arrested. So he either used someone elses car(maybe the girlfriend because I don't think anyone knew about her at the time) or he drove her somewhere very secluded. Someone also told me they beleived he dumped her in the dumpster at Dunkin Donuts because he knew it was getting dumped the next day. Thats why I wondered about dumps in the area. I wonder where that dumpster was dumped?

Is there a webpage or site link for her that we can use on social networks?

The dump.

Across from the Braintree Train Station there is a "Transfer station." The Braintree dump was capped years ago. I don't know if the Transfer Station trash in Braintree is transported to SEMASS in Rochester Massachusetts. They burn trash there. I also don't know if the trash picked up at Dunkin Donuts would qualify to be taken to the Transfer Station or if it's shipped directly elsewhere. Does anyone know the address of the Braintree Dunkin Donuts managed by Debbie Melo? I can certainly try to find out where and how the trash is handled, of course it may be difficult. There is the possibility of switching trash companies and so forth. The address of the Dunkin Donuts shop would be very helpful to me at this point.

I took a look at the youtube video and it clearly states Debbie left a doctors appointment that day. I traveled the route 18 area again yesterday and nothing stands out as an area of particular interest if he disposed of a body there. (which I don't think he did). It seems to me if she was at the doctors she would have been further up towards the South Shore Hospital area initially, there's several doctors offices there. Anyone have information of the location of the doctors office? If this is true it would lead me to believe they were heading down Rte 18 through Abington to connect with Rte 123 into Brockton to pick up Rte 24 to Taunton. There's still several pieces of information I'd like to have before I can really dig into this thing. First, a police report. The internet doesn't seem to have a copy of the police report anywhere as in some of the other cases out there (such as is the case of Maura Murray). Has anyone seen one or know of one out there? I have friends on the Weymouth Police Dept. yet I can't expect them to divulge information to me, of which they wouldn't anyway. There must be people who view these posts who are privy to inside information, be it family or friend of Debbie who can answer the "Basic" questions without revealing everything. I have found in the past this is the case. A time-line is important as are basic "facts." Anyone know of the location Luis Melo states he turns around and heads back to look for Debbie? The exact location of the Dunkin Donuts managed by the Melo's? There are 10 total Dunkin Donut shops in Braintree currently. Again, the news articles, missing persons sites and every other avenue I researched only state "Braintree", no actual location. Did the Melo's have friends (either of them) living in the Abington, Brockton area? In particular, did Luis? Who are his friends? Who would he be able to confide in if he were to do something of this nature? Who is his closest friend as others would see it? If I had even this one piece of information it would make a tremendous difference.

Approaching ELEVEN years.

This is a crime in of itself!

Somebody has to have something to go on to move to closure.

Unfortunately, unless one of Luis' friends gives a tip to the cops, nothing will ever be done about this case. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to hold a secret for this many years. If I remember correctly, he'd been arrested for domestic violence against a girlfriend (maybe now wife?), and if she didn't crack then, I'm not sure she ever will.

Until he lets something slip, this mystery will go on. I did hear from one psychic - take that for what you will - that they thought they knew where her body was buried. I looked on Google maps on that area and the terrain didn't appear to match up, but other than idle speculation from a few 'psychics' I know, I'm not sure what resources are still being put behind this.

I just hope that someday some sort of peace and closure can be brought to the family. I wonder what her poor children must think after all these years.

I cant believe there are still no answers on this case after 11 years. How sad for her family and friends. A few of you had asked the address of the Dunkin Donuts Luis managed when this happened - 240 Ivory St. in Braintree. It is directly across the street from the transfer station. Every time I drive that portion of Rte 18 I think of Debbie. I dont believe she was ever walking along route 18 and no one remembers seeing her. She was an attractive woman in a dress walking along a very busy roadway at a busy time of day. That just seems not possible. I believe it was right before the train overpass on Rt 18 where she supposedly was walking. There is a brick building with lots of doctors in it right there. Maybe this is the building she was at for her appointment. For those of you who know the area it is next to the fence place (now out of business). Just before the strip mall where dunkin donuts and Hearthstone Flowers are located and just before the overpass.

I think of Debbie often. I met Luis and Debbie a few times many years ago through my work. I also through my work saw Luis again about 5 years ago and when I saw him this time he looked like an entirely different person. He had made some shocking changes to his look.

I hope someday the family gets closure and justice is served. It has been so long.

Keeping Debbie and her family in my prayers always.

It's sad to think that this hasn't been solved yet. I wonder how her children are fairing and if they stay in contact with their father at this point (since I believe they are a bit older now?). I wonder if he ever spoke ill of their mother after she left or hinted at anything that might explain (either directly or indirectly) what happened to her.

It is uplifting to see that throughout the past decade, people have been coming here and keeping the post alive. Thanks to everyone for doing that :) I wish I had something more helpful to add, but this case seems to be at a stand still. :(

Obviously she wasn't let out there. maybe if we had a good police force this case wouldn't be unsolved. I'm sick of waiting for answers. It's been 11 yrs, thats a joke. whats so hard? they searched his house supposedly his car, they knew he had a girlfriend at the time and no one knows nothing. he failed a lie detector test. who's covering up? whats this the sopranos?:furious:

I just read up on this case. Makes me so sad and angry when someone gets away with murder! He obviously hates women and treats them like trash. I feel so bad for the family to have no answers.

Debbie and Louie both worked at Dunkin Donuts in Weymouth. I believe he was a manager.

Another year gone by.

Debbie is still missing, and I still think of her often. I wonder if the local cold case squad would be interested in reviving this case.

A hiker on the Brockton/East Bridgewater line found human bones yesterday morning and police are investigating. My first thought, due to the location, was that this could be Debbie, as it's not far from where she was last seen. Hoping for an update ASAP...

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/11...on-underway/q7xvltFdxFRmo7HQPThzSM/story.html

Thanks, NECrime. I hadn't heard that. I have a relatives on the Taunton police force. It's been a foregone conclusion that her husband killed her, but LE didn't have a location or body.

Do you know who is the lead agency in the investigation? Didn't he say she got out of the car in Weymouth?

Whoever it is, I hope the remains can be identified. Some family at least will get closure.

Welcome to Websleuths, NECrime!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back