Found Safe MA - Dorothy Lucas, 73, with man who may be financially exploiting her, Attleboro, 27 Apr 2019

This is as bad as people who hurt children and it is happening more and more often. These innocent people don't understand even what the internet is in some cases (I know my grandparents don't) ....only a sociopath can do this type of thing and I wish there were tougher laws to stop it.

I am sorry for all of you who had this happen with family members, I know it has happened to many people I know. They work hard all their life for a lil nest egg and are left with nothing...despicable

My opinion of course :)

taking someone's money is as bad as hurting children?? Not even close. wth

Attleboro Police on Twitter
UPDATE APD still looking for Dorothy Lucas & Mark Chicoine. Detectives are working to confirm info that they spent night in Quincy. We also rec’d confirmed info that Chicoine's Jeep was seen on Rt 9 in Framingham at approx 1:00 PM today. Anyone w/ info pls call APD at 5082221212
4:23 PM - 29 Apr 2019

Good news! :)

UPDATE: The Attleboro Police Department is happy to report that Dorothy Lucas has been located in Braintree, Massachusetts. 73-year-old Dorothy Lucas and 51-year old Mark Chicoine we’re located after being spotted by an alert mall employee. Thank you to all who helped
5:33 PM - 29 Apr 2019

Aspects of this incident remain under investigation. Chicoine is not charged with any crime at this time and is cooperating with investigators.
5:34 PM - 29 Apr 2019

Missing 73-year-old with dementia last seen with man at ATM found safe 30 miles away
A missing 73-year-old woman who was spotted with a man withdrawing money from an ATM has been located approximately 30 miles away, state police said.

taking someone's money is as bad as hurting children?? Not even close. wth

I think what they are saying is that this is a for of elder abuse. Sometimes the elderly are also beaten by the bullies who are nsteralimng from them. Or scared and threatened. My 88 yr old mother went through a traumatic experience, believing the lies she was being told about her grandson. She was so worried about him, and yet she was so nervous and unsure, about lying to us by not telling us our son/husband was in jail in Florida. [which he wasn't of course.]

But it put her through some sleepless nights and put her in other types of danger. She went to the bank by herself, and drove her Chevy Tahoe, which she is not supposed to do anymore. But she felt she needed to because she was warned to keep this a secret.

So she drove herself to the bank, took out 7k in hundreds dollar bills, which anyone else in the bank could have noticed, and th4n she walked out of the bank and to the post office to buy a big envelope to wrap it all up in. She was walking around with thousands in cash, while doingakkl this.

So these scammers put her in a lot of dangerous situations. And they helped spike her blood pressure. And they made her worried and anxious.

So it is more than just taking her money.

But do keep in mind---when someone in their 80's loses thousands of dollars, that is money they can never earn back. Their working days are over. They live on fixed incomes.

My mom is a widow and she has half of my Dad's pension and her social security for her monthly bills. So taking 7k out of her savings is a big hit. She may need that savings for a long time still.

I think it is disgusting and vile for these creeps to target elderly widows and exploit their love for their grandchildren to steal from their much needed savings. :mad::mad::mad:

Stealing someone’s money is NOT the same as child abuse. That’s a horrible comparison

So glad she was found. I was so worried for her. I wonder how much money she has withdrawn!

He will probably not even get charged. He will say he didn't know she had dementia, and that she asked him to take her to the bank and go shopping.

I have seen these types of snakes before. They give a 5 star performance in their "innocence".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back