MA - FBI searches 'Creepy Creations' Shop, trafficking body parts stolen from Harvard’s school morgue, Mar 2023 *arrests*

sds71

Reaction score
Personnel from the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service were on scene in Salem and Peabody Tuesday morning, conducting searches in connection with what an FBI spokesperson described as an “ongoing federal investigation.”

The FBI has said there is no threat to the public after agents searched a home in Salem and a business in Peabody belonging to the same woman.

The woman, Katrina Maclean, said that while she can’t go into detail about the investigation, she said she wants the public to know, “there’s no violence — no crime.”

Kat's Creepy Creations describes itself as art that will, "shock the mind and shake the soul."

The shop's Instagram account says it specializes in "creepy dolls, oddities, and bone art," with posts including a real human skull and a case of 11 human vertebrae. The caption of one of the posts says, "If you're in the market for human bones hit me up."

OK IMHO I don't mean to sound negative BUT every time I hear LE, CDC, DHS, NSA, etc. say "I can't talk about the situation and want the public to know there is no violence-no crime, I am IMMEDIATELY suspicious! So then, where is Kat of the Creepy Creations actually getting these donations for her sinister art? The only thing worse for me is a clown carrying sunflowers and a doll. Add a creepy Kat BONE doll and they would have to commit me. Yikes!

I think it's because I've followed too many missing person cases I don't feel comfortable with these things at all. Makes me wonder if one of the bones or skulls belong to someone listed on the Charley Project.
How can an independent buyer even verify where the remains are from?
There was a guy a few years ago who found a skull in the woods, he took it home and placed it on his mantelpiece, took a picture and posted it online. Does anyone remember him?

I think it's because I've followed too many missing person cases I don't feel comfortable with these things at all. Makes me wonder if one of the bones or skulls belong to someone listed on the Charley Project.
How can an independent buyer even verify where the remains are from?
There was a guy a few years ago who found a skull in the woods, he took it home and placed it on his mantelpiece, took a picture and posted it online. Does anyone remember him?

You can buy real human bones and skulls online. I don't know where they come from, but as the sellers seem to be legitimate businesses, I doubt any laws are being broken.
Back when I was teaching myself to draw and paint I was always haunting eBay looking for replicas, and used to see real ones there, too, until they made it against their TOS.

You can buy real human bones and skulls online. I don't know where they come from, but as the sellers seem to be legitimate businesses, I doubt any laws are being broken.
Back when I was teaching myself to draw and paint I was always haunting eBay looking for replicas, and used to see real ones there, too, until they made it against their TOS.
One note about buying bones online; in some states it actually IS illegal. It also can be illegal if it was stolen from a grave (destruction of a corpse/desecration of remains/buying or selling of stolen property) or similar. It seems to be somewhat ambiguous.

This feels like a weird first post but I was curious if it was really legal.

I too would be concerned about the providence.<modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
For some odd reason I assumed it was illegal to be in the possession of human bones, even if it's not a full skeleton ?
Apparently not.
:eek:
Maybe in some areas it is, but it also depends on how and where they were obtained.

It's legal in every state to buy or possess human bones. Many religions use them, Most Universities have classes that include a full body of bones, and you can buy them online easy! Many people have/will donate to these places, for a small amount of money and knowing that your doing something useful for science.

One note about buying bones online; in some states it actually IS illegal. It also can be illegal if it was stolen from a grave (destruction of a corpse/desecration of remains/buying or selling of stolen property) or similar. It seems to be somewhat ambiguous.

This feels like a weird first post but I was curious if it was really legal.

I too would be concerned about the providence.<modsnip - no link>
It's not illegal in any state, as long as it's a legit sale

Anyone know what the regulations are for a legit sale of human bones in the US?

I don't know but a quick Google search takes me to many legitimate sites.
Here's a short little article about it. I guess if I wanted to sell bones, I'd consult a lawyer first.
After that, I guess searching for wholesale distributors of human bones would be the next logical step.
If that didn't work I s'pose I'd call someone in the funeral industry or a medical school.
Honestly, I think the "bone clones" are just as good for pretty much any purpose outside of the medical field.

According to a federal indictment out of Pennsylvania, Lodge, 55, stole dissected portions of human cadavers, took them to his home in Goffstown, New Hampshire and then sold them online.

Lodge's 63-year-old wife Denise and two alleged buyers, 44-year-old Katrina MacLean of Salem and 46-year-old Joshua Taylor of West Lawn, Pennsylvania were also charged in the indictment released Wednesday.

MacLean owns a store in Peabody called "Kat's Creepy Creations." Back in March, the FBI searched the store and MacLean's home in Salem, Massachusetts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back