MA MA - Gail Miles, 60, retired Watertown police officer, found murdered at home, Boston, 3 Dec 2011

ifindedout

Reaction score
Gail Miles made history in 1984 when she became the first Black police officer in the Watertown Police Department. She made headlines 16 years later when she sued the department for discrimination,alleging she was the target of racist jokes and insulting remarks about affirmative action.

In 2011, Miles was found slain inside her Roxbury home, where she lived alone. Her killing remains unsolved.

Shortly after 10 a.m. on Dec. 3, 2011, police were dispatched to her Wardman Road apartment to conduct a wellness check. According to media reports, her door was locked and police had to force their way inside, where they found a gruesome scene.

Miles had been “beaten and cut,” and died from “blunt force head trauma and sharp force neck injuries,” according to a copy of her death certificate obtained by the [Boston] Globe.

Her family and friends said Miles must have known her killer.

[...]

In 2015, relatives told WBUR that Miles usually carried a small handgun, but detectives never found it at her home. Even more puzzling, police determined that nothing was stolen from the apartment and no fingerprints were left behind, relatives said.

“The only thing that was broken was a chair, and there was blood on it,” her sister, Gina Holloway, told WBUR. “But we went in there and we seen that chair, and I was shocked that they didn’t take it for evidence. They said they found no forensic, and I was wondering why they didn’t take that chair.”

yep this is a suspicious one
I wonder who the people are that harassed her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk
Back