GUILTY MA - George Shipps for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Boston, 2010

I'm inclined to believe that the wasn't using encryption safeguards....that would require him to share keys/passwords with the other pervs with whom he was file-sharing & the LEO that 'found' his CP would have to have had the keys/passwords as well.

IOW, if the CP files were encrypted, LEO wouldn't have had access to determine what kind of files were being shared (unless he also had 'the key').

A 'man in the middle attack' wouldn't work either if the transmission required private vs. public keys.

I think the was smugly arrogant or technically challenged.

You'd think that men who trained for 12 years plus to practice medicine would have brains enough not to video-tape their crimes but look at Dr. Bradley. Pedophilia is a mighty potent temptation.

I have a feeling that a hardware sales manager just doesn't have the IQ of Drs. Bradley, Livingston, or the Blankenburg twins. We can hope and pray that this guy tripped up or got sloppy and arrogant.

16,000 files--does anyone have any idea how many images a file can hold? That's a MASSIVE number of victims!!

Aftually an image is a file. So 16k worth of files is actually not that many speaking strictly size-wise.

In my personal opinion even one is bad enough though.

You're right, MissIzzy -- 16000 files!! which could be individual jpg's, videos or zipfiles w/ jpgs & vids archived within.

IMO, they mean 16000 files which aren't zipped -- but they haven't specified whether those are 'pics' and/or 'videos'.....so who knows how many actual 'images' are there.

This thread popped up while I was looking for another and I checked to see what sort of sentence Shipps received. I was very surprised to see that all news reports of his guilty plea and sentencing seem to have disappeared (in such a short time too) and then I stumbled upon the following. Keep in mind that Shipps had a record AND was charged with possession of 16,000 files of child *advertiser censored*. Take a wild guess on the sentence......

http://www.electmichaelchinman.com/wordpress/?paged=2

Scroll down to the blog post of April 18, 2010--"Why Experience Matters". Shipps was arrested in January 2010 and sentenced only 3 months later. Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Prepare yourself.

In case it disappears:

"...I prosecuted Shipps, from the investigation stage, consulting with the investigators and assisting with obtaining search warrants, to presenting the complex case to the grand jury, through to his conviction of Child Enticement, Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, and Dissemination of Visual Material of a Child in Sexual Conduct. Shipps is currently still serving a prison sentence of three to five years, which will be followed by seven years of probation under stringent conditions, including no contact with children, no internet access, sex offender treatment, and registration as a sex offender...."

more at link in prior post

Can anyone else find out more info on this case?

No new news that I found on this creep, but another George Shipps who just got busted from MA.

From 2014:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/...years-federal-chargesdefendant-also-sentenced

George Shipps, 32, of Chelsea, was sentenced today by U.S. District Court Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton to 20 years in prison. In May 2014, Shipps pleaded guilty to transportation and possession of child *advertiser censored*. Under the terms of the plea agreement, Shipps also pleaded guilty on Oct. 20, 2014 to one count of aggravated child rape in Middlesex Superior Court and was sentenced to 10 years in state prison, to be served concurrently with the federal sentence. Shipps, a Level II registered sex offender based upon a 2006 state conviction for child *advertiser censored* and enticement offenses, was on state court probation when he committed the federal offenses.

Shipps was sentenced on state charges for the sexual assault of a six-year-old girl in September 2012. The abuse was captured in photographs later recovered by the FBI...

During the execution of the search warrant, Shipps admitted that he took sexually explicit photographs of three children, ages four, five, and six, on separate occasions and distributed those images.

Why on earth would they let this (expletive) serve his sentences concurrently?! They should have thrown away the key after they locked him up, not give him the leniency of concurrent sentences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname