Identified! MA - Granby, off Route 116, WhtFem 15-26, UP14969, shallow grave, clothes, gold ring, Nov'78 - Patricia Ann Tucker

One of my most prevalent daydreams when I have a lot of free time is getting in the car and just going to the Granby Police Department and asking them right there if they can tell me about the case. LMAO.

There are a lot of women missing from Massachusetts in that time frame as well as more recently.
They just mostly aren't listed in Namus.

I have been told that the state has a policy that it doesn't list a missing person or UID in the national databases unless they have reason to think the person might have been from out of state. (I think within-state comparisons are made routinely, however.) Some dep.artments have started to add recent disappearances to Namus, but there doesn't seem to be much push to add cold cases

Is there anywhere these missing persons are listed if not in Namus?

Is there anywhere these missing persons are listed if not in Namus?

I'm not aware of a single list, but you can check several different lists & sites, they sometimes have a few on them who aren't in NamUs. Charley Project and Doe Network sometimes have cases not in NamUs. You can also check Canada's missing and Interpol has a list, too.

You could check each individual state of interest (my state police has a page dedicated to missing people on our state government website, and some were only recently added to NamUs) to see if they maintain a list of missing people and compare the two as well. Also, my city started a missing person page on the city website, but last I checked, they were all in NamUs.
I also do internet searches for the "missing missing"- known missing people who don't appear to be in any database. Found a few videos like that on youtube, too.

And Granby Girl is FINALLY in NamUs!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Female
White / Caucasian
Date Found: November 15, 1978
Location Found: Granby, Massachusetts
Estimated Age Range: 15-25 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: A78-239

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 15-25

Estimated Year of Death: 1978
Estimated PMI: 5 Months

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Found: November 15, 1978
NamUs Case Created: April 12, 2016
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
Street Address: Logging road off Amherst Rd
Granby, Massachusetts
County: Hampshire County
GPS Coordinates: --

Circumstances of Recovery:
Found in woods by loggers.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair Description: Not known
Unofficial news reports describe the hair as "blond or light brown" and "long"
Body Hair Description: Not known
Facial Hair Description: Not known

Left Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Eye Description: Not known

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Green collars shirt (See image) Bra black underwear blue sweater vest blue jeans
On the Body

Clothing
Men's leather belt
Near the Body

Eyewear
none
On the Body

Footwear
Brown shoes
On the Body

Jewelry
yellow metal ring has "illegible initials" and is marked "14K"
On the Body

Wait, it says in her Doe Network page that she had visibly decaying teeth. Why would the police go the college student route? If she couldn't afford dental work, she definitely couldn't afford college. I think they were looking for her identity in the wrong community

Wait, it says in her Doe Network page that she had visibly decaying teeth. Why would the police go the college student route? If she couldn't afford dental work, she definitely couldn't afford college. I think they were looking for her identity in the wrong community
BBM

Scholarships, Pell Grants, and working. One of my sisters, back in the mid-70s, applied for whatever aid she could get, worked 2-3 part time jobs and put herself through college and was able to live in student housing. Back then, with enough drive, ambition and willingness to live pretty spartan, it was entirely possible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back