Identified! MA - Granby, off Route 116, WhtFem 15-26, UP14969, shallow grave, clothes, gold ring, Nov'78 - Patricia Ann Tucker

Thread needs to be updated with her identity.

I'm still confused about her marriages, children & who their fathers are. Anyone else?

I also wonder if she might have been pregnant when murdered.

She's not smiling in the pictures posted here. Such a somber bride.

Do we know why her husband was in prison?

Another article with the same details I mentioned above

from the article:

"Investigators learned that Coleman had previously been arrested in Connecticut in 1968 for attempted kidnapping, aggravated assault, and carrying a firearm. In 1995, he was convicted in Hampden County Superior Court of rape, indecent assault and battery, and assault with a dangerous weapon. He died in state prison in 1996."

Hope they put out a timeline on this guy b/c he could be responsible for other cases in CT, MA...

<modsnip - quoted posted was removed for no link, info contradictory to facts in MSM>

The posted article upthread a few... indicates that her son said he was dropped off at the juvenile playground....He was in the back seat of a car with his mother and a man driving, but he did not know the man who was driving.

So a bit confused about Gerald Coleman on the day she went missing.

A day or two after Patricia went missing....... the son was reunited with his biological father, who died in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
The posted article upthread a few... indicates that her son said he was dropped off at the juvenile playground....He was in the back seat of a car with his mother and a man driving, but he did not know the man who was driving.

So a bit confused about Gerald Coleman on the day she went missing.

A day or two after Patricia went missing....... the son was reunited with his biological father, who died in 2015.
It's possible Patricia tried to protect her son by sending him to the juvenile home. Perhaps Coleman found out where Dale was, killed Tucker either before or after retrieving him, and sent him to the woman in Chicopee thinking it would take longer for the authorities to notice. Or, as Dale was only 5 years old, his memory could be inaccurate.

I wonder what Coleman's connection was to the woman in Chicopee. I'm sure he didn't knock on a random door.

An unidentified woman whose gravestone read "Unknown" for decades now has a name, Massachusetts State Police announced Monday.

The remains of the woman, Patricia Ann Tucker, were found on Nov. 15, 1978 buried under leaves on a logging road off in Granby, Massachusetts, about 15 miles north of Springfield.

For years, the unnamed woman was called "Granby Girl" and while her remains have been identified, her killer still remains unknown. Police have a person of interest in mind but the man, her late husband, is now deceased.

Police said the breakthrough came due to "old-fashioned police work and some recent advances in forensic genetic genealogy,” WTNH News-9 reported. A forensic laboratory called Othram became involved in the case two years ago, using the victim's DNA and forensic genetic genealogy to find a woman in Maryland related to Coleman.

The relative connected authorities to Coleman's son who was 5 years old when she disappeared.

Police said that Gerald Coleman, Patricia Coleman's husband when she died, was identified as a person of interest in the case. Gerald Coleman died in a Massachusetts state prison in 1996, according to NBC CT. He never reported his wife missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back