Found Deceased MA - Jacqueline Coutinho, 53, Hinsdale, Berkshire County, 15 May 2019

1. Foul play. She left and ran into someone unsavory, or they showed up and lured her away.

2. She left to take her own life and has not been found yet.

3. She is soul searching off the grid. (Or mental breakdown?) Without cellphone, she might not know how missed she is and that her family is worried.

4. Accidental death- she wandered off and expired due to an accident or environmental factors..

I think I’m currently leaning towards 2 or 3, gone of her own accord, and further than the searches.

Missing Person has Ties to Nantucket | CapeCodToday.com

Hinsdale, MA - Hinsdale Police report that a woman missing since May 15, 2019 has previous ties to Nantucket. They are seeking the public's assistance in locating Jacqueline "Jackie" Coutinho.

Multiple ground and water searches in the Hinsdale area have not been successful in locating Ms. Coutinho.

The subject is a white female, approximately 5'6" tall, 130 pounds with blonde/gray hair. She was last seen wearing a purple fleece jacket, red hooded sweater, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Ms. Coutinho has lived on Nantucket; Princeton, Maine; Bunnell Florida; and most recently Hinsdale, MA. She has visited numerous places on the East Coast with her husband.

This case is bizarre. Was she prone to going on long walks? I find it odd that she went missing at 10am and that LE was called at 11:30am....and they responded. That feels like a quick trigger to me albeit a good instinct in this case.

This case is bizarre. Was she prone to going on long walks? I find it odd that she went missing at 10am and that LE was called at 11:30am....and they responded. That feels like a quick trigger to me albeit a good instinct in this case.
It sticks in my memory that the family mentioned there may have been some intermittent forgetfulness, possibly early dementia. I can't produce a link at the moment but I want to say it was on the Facebook page at the very beginning. Hence the quick response. They did drag the lake / pond nearby but did not find her.

It sticks in my memory that the family mentioned there may have been some intermittent forgetfulness, possibly early dementia. I can't produce a link at the moment but I want to say it was on the Facebook page at the very beginning. Hence the quick response. They did drag the lake / pond nearby but did not find her.
For some reason that doesn't surprise me. I read about this case a few weeks ago but haven't kept up with it. I also find it interesting that the daughters said she might be heading to Nantucket since she previously lived there. It makes me think she was depressed, melancholy or had some sort of mental illness for them to think she would travel so far without a car or apparent planning.

From an article previously shared with a link:
"Hinsdale Police Chief Susan Rathbun had reported earlier that she does not believe foul play is involved and does not believe Coutinho was suffering from any mental health issues."
I dont know - I'm thinking it was one or the other - foul play or mental health issue. Otherwise I think they would have found her by now. We did have a couple of young women snatched off the streets of Boston a few months ago. JC doesn't match their demographic but I don't think we can rule out some nut job picking her up on the side of the road. It's a remote area and it could happen without a witness.

Am I missing something here?? A grown woman walks out to a backyard and disappears? In 10 minutes? What is going on here?
I know! Not to mention, not everyone takes their phone out to their back yards- at least I don't- I don't have one. I mean, it's obvious why she wouldn't have her phone, cash, or a change of clothes on her- she was intending to go back inside- just my opinion.

I hope she's ok.

For some reason that doesn't surprise me. I read about this case a few weeks ago but haven't kept up with it. I also find it interesting that the daughters said she might be heading to Nantucket since she previously lived there. It makes me think she was depressed, melancholy or had some sort of mental illness for them to think she would travel so far without a car or apparent planning.
But how would she get there?

She had no car, no money, no phone, no extra clothes, no food or water- nothing. She just went for a walk and then vanished.

I would imagine if a friend or family member picked her up, they would have said so by now, so we can rule that out.

From the Find Jackie Facebook page on June 19th:

Search update -

The four of us girls have hired a private investigator to aid us in the search for Jackie. He and his team have been actively investigating in multiple states and are questioning people, daily. If someone had something to do with Jackie’s disappearance, we will find you.
Find Jackie Coutinho

Find Jackie Coutinho Facebook page post 6/28/2019
Find Jackie Coutinho

Day 45.

We wanted to give you all an update on some of the things your generous donations have helped with so far. Without going into too much detail, here are some examples of what our Private Investigation team has done:

- multiple state investigations
- review video surveillance
- working alongside police
- search areas around where Jackie went missing
- interviews
- assistance with media outlet outreach
- constant contact with the four sisters

We want to thank you all again for all of your prayers, shared and donations. We are grateful for your love and constant support. ❤️

Hey there . . . I'm one of Jackie's stepdaughters. Is this site a place for individuals to share info and help with online searching for missing people? Please advise.

Me and my sisters do not feel that Jackie took her life or ran away from all of her family. If she didn't want to be there, we think she would have contacted one of our sisters to go stay there. I strongly believe she wouldn't have left behind her girls and grandkids. The police and BMSR have searched the woods and the lake and haven't turned up one thing.

Please advise if this is a forum that can help us. Thanks!

Hey there . . . I'm one of Jackie's stepdaughters. Is this site a place for individuals to share info and help with online searching for missing people? Please advise.

Me and my sisters do not feel that Jackie took her life or ran away from all of her family. If she didn't want to be there, we think she would have contacted one of our sisters to go stay there. I strongly believe she wouldn't have left behind her girls and grandkids. The police and BMSR have searched the woods and the lake and haven't turned up one thing.

Please advise if this is a forum that can help us. Thanks!
Welcome to Websleuths! I’m so sorry your family is going thru such a difficult time.

Yes, we all are trying to figure out what happened too. There’s a ton of very knowledgeable, experienced people on here. Your input would be welcomed!

Here is the link for you to become a verified insider on your family’s case. There’s some info the moderators need that is listed at the link below.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Find Jackie Coutinho

Day 56.

We are channeling our frustration, anger and fear with Jackie's disappearance to focus and determination. As such, a $2,000 REWARD will be offered for any information leading to Jackie's safe return. Someone knows something and needs to come forward. Her daughters, stepdaughters, grandchildren and family members should not, and cannot, go through life knowing she is out there somewhere.

I think I've been verified . . . I'm Jackie's stepdaughter. What questions do you have? Not sure how this works, just know we need help in finding her.
I’m curious about the backyard because the terrain could be important in many ways. Soft spots or holes, foliage, access to it, fencing, shady areas, etc. and what type of wildlife is in the area? Can you describe the backyard?

I think I've been verified . . . I'm Jackie's stepdaughter. What questions do you have? Not sure how this works, just know we need help in finding her.
Hi,
First, I'm truly sorry that you are going through this ordeal.
I've followed several missing persons cases and my help has generally been limited to posting "missing" posters prepared by the family. I'm not sure if that would be of any use or interest to you. I spend most of my time north of Boston and in Maine (inland) so could post there if it was helpful. I read earlier that Nantucket was a possible destination for Jacqueline. While that might not seem likely to you now, it wouldn't hurt for posters to be posted there.
Sometimes members on this site volunteer for searches so please post if you plan to organize a search and you may get some helpers. I've found that law enforcement usually likes to be advised in advance if there will be a search - they always want to make sure a search does not result in more missing people.
It's generally very hard for a search to cover several acres of land and I'm afraid that's the case for Jacqueline as it seems like a very rural area. I'm just an amateur but I've followed cases where it has taken 2-3 days to correctly search 1-2 acres - it's harder than it looks. I realize that a search, at this time, would not likely lead to the results that you really want, so I am sorry to suggest it. As I understand it, Jacqueline did not live in the area and I'm sure it would be easy for her to get lost and turned around.
I would recommend a continuous presence on social media as that can reach a lot of people and miracles do happen.
I'm glad you've hired an investigator. While it may seem unlikely that Jacqueline has been a victim of crime, those things do happen and it can't be ruled out. Hopefully law enforcement is keeping an open mind to that and I'm sure you are in constant contact with them.
Other than that, I can only offer prayers and thoughts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back