MA MA - Jafet Robles, Chicopee, 33, September 11, 2017

ilovesleep

Slumber Queen
Reaction score
Hi, this is a personal one as Jafet was an acquaintance. He was a really good guy who did a ton for his community. I'm pulling from a few different articles here.

On September 11, 2017, community organizer Jafet was found shot in a park in Chicopee, Massachusetts. His death was ruled a homicide.

Robles, the father of four, was found dead of a gunshot wound at about 7:20 a.m. Monday in Szot Park. Chicopee Police with Massachusetts State Police connected to the office of Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni are investigating his homicide, said James Leydon, spokesman for Gulluni.

Jafet Robles was born in Bayamon, Puerto Rico in 1983. When he was less than a year, his family moved to the North End of Springfield, Mass, one of the poorest parts of the city. Jafet had a difficult early life and ended up incarcerated for a non-violent drug offense at 18. Since his release, he has formed and joined community activist groups to support the poor, the environment, and many other causes.

One of Robles' passions was keeping kids off the street, focused and active in school and involved in positive after-school activities. He also worked on prison reforms and making changes in the criminal justice system that helped people who are released from prison find jobs and become productive citizens. He also was a mainstay at voter registration drives.

Jafet was last seen leaving a radio station Sunday night. He left the station around 8:40 after visiting a co-worker and helping her with her new show.

Masslive Source
Valley Advocate Source

If you have information about Jafet's murder, you can use Text-A-Tip. To use it, text the word CRIMES (2-7-4-6-3-7) and type the word SOLVE into the body of the message followed by your tip.

You can also contact the Chicopee Police Department at 413-594-1730 or the Massachusetts State Police Detective Unit at 413-505-5993.

It sounds like he was a great person that turned his life around and was trying to do positive things in his community...He has a beautiful family and supportive community that wants justice...

I hope LE didn't wait a year to advise the public of the SUV...The perp may have had the SUV painted...LE should check repair shops...Someone out the night it happened may have seen it, but after a year they may have forgotten....

Was he meeting someone in the park on his way home?? Hopefully LE checks cell towers in the area...

Detectives looking to ID SUV driver in connection with shooting death of Springfield community organizer Jafet Robles

According to Gulluni, detectives are looking to identify the person behind the wheel of an early 2000's GMC Envoy SUV, that is a light metallic color, such as silver, gold, tan, champagne, or something similar.

It was seen in the general area around the shooting death, including on these streets: Bemis Avenue, Wheatland Avenue, Front Street, Abbey Memorial Drive, and Broadway Street in Chicopee and Liberty Street in Springfield.

Gulluni's office released photos of the SUV, as seen on security systems in the area from the night of the shooting.

SMPHggg

Imgur

It sounds like he was a great person that turned his life around and was trying to do positive things in his community...He has a beautiful family and supportive community that wants justice...
He was. I met him because he came to my college as part of a panel discussion to talk about his activism.

I hope LE didn't wait a year to advise the public of the SUV...The perp may have had the SUV painted...LE should check repair shops...Someone out the night it happened may have seen it, but after a year they may have forgotten....

that's a good idea. I would imagine it took a few days to get the tapes, but they would have had to get it before they were recorded over. It does seem like they just sat on it for a while which is frustrating. It also looks more like a minivan with a very boxy back end to me, but I'm guessing that they wouldn't identify the specific SUV model if they weren't sure it was right.

He was. I met him because he came to my college as part of a panel discussion to talk about his activism.

that's a good idea. I would imagine it took a few days to get the tapes, but they would have had to get it before they were recorded over. It does seem like they just sat on it for a while which is frustrating. It also looks more like a minivan with a very boxy back end to me, but I'm guessing that they wouldn't identify the specific SUV model if they weren't sure it was right.

My sister has an Envoy and I agree with you that the vehicle in the pic looks "boxy"...It reminds me of a Caliber, Jeep or Honda or Benz Crossover/SUV...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back