Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this may not be appropriate to type here...feel free to delete if that's the case....but I was reading through the comments of one of the posts on the public FJ page and Michelle stated that JF told her that he had given Jaimee his cellphone charger that night because her phone was about to die. And he repeated this to her three times in 10 minutes. This happened prior to them finding her belongings. As you'll recall, one of the items located was a charger.

In her own words:

He says my daughter was his drug dealer ..that he really didn't even know her ..he made a point to tell me how he gave her his cell phone charger because her phone was dying. I kept thinking at the time why do I care about you giving her a cell charger .he told me the story 3 Times within 10 min every time ending with and I gave her my cell charger .when I found out what was found with her coat ..then I knew why he felt it was so important to tell me about giving it to her.what a nice guy to just give his cell phone charger to a drug dealer who's phone was dying

Again, this is all public, so I don't think I'm breaking any rules.....

I know this is not the outcome any family wants. I know first hand how awful it feels to have someone taken away so young and tragically . My niece Tawni Mazzone was found after 9 years. I live here in Swampscott and know some of her family members. I'm sure that having some closure will help the family heal. Thinking about all of her family during this difficult time.

I am so sorry about your niece and to relive this kind of pain TLM. How horrible to have to wait 9 years :( My heart is with you and of course Jaimee's family. Sending prayers to all...

Remains found on beach identified as missing Swampscott mother
Jaimee Mendez last seen in November

John Atwater speaks to Jaimee's Aunt at 11:37 PM EST Jan 30, '15

"The one thing I want people to remember is that she was a person and she was very loved," Amy Murray, Mendez's aunt, said.

Murray said the family is struggling to accept the reality that she is never coming home.

"Jaimee was a wonderful girl," she said. "She was a loving mother, devoted daughter and a loving sister."

Mother’s remains ID’d
Missing Swampscott woman was 25

By: Owen Boss Saturday, January 31, '15

The district attorney’s office has worked endlessly to find Jaimee,” Murray said. “We thank them for their efforts. This was always our main goal — to bring Jaimee home.

Prayers going out to her family and loved ones. I am so very very sorry.

Remains Found On Beach Identified As Missing Swampscott Woman
Beth Germano spoke with co-worker on Jan 30, '15 11:00 PM

From your link:

"There have been clues to her disappearance over the last couple of months. A search of an industrial area in Salem uncovered her jacket, cellphone, a charger and identification. In Lynn, her sneakers and men’s clothing were found in a dumpster."

Is this new? I don't recall ever reading before that men's clothing was found as well.

I have a hard time believing what any of these media outlets report regarding what was said or found because they keep changing the wording around. First it was "this guy" and now it's "a registered Level 3 sex offender". I'm sure she didn't say to her friend "I'm with this level 3 sex offender and..." And I agree. It's a little too late to try and be all secretive about his identity now.

We have to again remember that all of this information came funneled through the family and was never confirmed by LE from what I remember. His identity he revealed himself when he gave his version of what happened through MSM. I just think that like us here on WS, the media won't name him as a POI because it has not been announced by LE. IMO

IMO if he is in fact a POI for LE they will announce it and bring him back to MA very soon. I'm certain LE is concerned about the family getting to him first KWIM?

Trying to start all over from the beginning with this. I keep getting stuck on JF not being named POI.
We still don't know if JM specifically "said I am with JF and he's making me nervous". We only have " this guy" and "a sex offender". I believe they knew him and that she was sometimes with him. Is it possible they only assumed it was JF? Or is that what JF wants people to believe. He reportedly said to the Mom that he gave her his charger. Was he trying to make it look like she went off with his charger and some other people. Is that so LE will think 'well he wouldn't throw away his own charger'?
It seems to me and maybe to LE that unless she specifically named him the door is open to another person. Or does it. The CVS dumpster where the sneakers and the rug along with "Men's clothing" Is near JF's house.
Police had to have probable cause to seize and process both his vans. Could probable cause be as simple as she was with him and it was proven by the cell phone calls, pings and what not?
It's baffling me. Maybe when LE processes the Sand from the beach they will put it all together.

:cow:

I think a LOT of us are having a hard time with this one and have for the longest time due to what LE has NOT said. And by the same token, what the family HAS said.

From all I can remember, when Jaimee called her two friends at two different times to ask for a ride, she NEVER said she was specifically with JF. She never actually named him by name She just said she was with "this" guy that was making her nervous. Family and others assumed all along it was JF she was with.

JF was in fact the last person known to be with her, known to have seen her, etc., which is why LE went in and did what they did... then let him walk. If they had something on him, that would have never happened.

It is entirely possible he IS the one she was with, and he IS the one LE should be looking at closer now (unless they already are). But it's also entirely possible he isn't at all, and there is someone else 100% responsible for Jamiee's disappearance. I was going to type death as well but we don't even know how she died. It could have been accidental for all we know.

SO many unknowns with this one :( I sure hope the ME's office can clear a bunch of those up, for the family's sake.

And that is why I jumped off this thread in the beginning. So many people here were blindsided by the RSO and refused to consider any other possibilities. The truth is we just don't know because LE hasn't said definitely one way or the other. And while I do feel sympathy for JM's family and what they are going through, I can't blindly trust the word of a grieving family whose actions bordered on vigilante.

Although I am sad that the case has ended this way, I hope that they find whoever is responsible for this. If it is the RSO, well no one will be surprised. If it isn't, however, there will be a lot of crow-eating here.

And that is why I jumped off this thread in the beginning. So many people here were blindsided by the RSO and refused to consider any other possibilities. The truth is we just don't know because LE hasn't said definitely one way or the other. And while I do feel sympathy for JM's family and what they are going through, I can't blindly trust the word of a grieving family whose actions bordered on vigilante.

Although I am sad that the case has ended this way, I hope that they find whoever is responsible for this. If it is the RSO, well no one will be surprised. If it isn't, however, there will be a lot of crow-eating here.

I usually scroll through, but your first line reminded me of this. I guess because such comments would tend to shut down discussion.

From Etiquette & Information Thread

"I am leaving WS" threads:

"It is the policy of WS to disallow threads that are purely to announce that you are 'leaving the site' for any reason. Posts of this nature will result in the following action: 1) The post will be removed from general view. 2) Your membership will be suspended without notice. 3) If you wish to have your membership reinstated then you may contact an Administrator or Moderator to request this. If you find it necessary to 'leave' WS for any reason - or just take a break from the site - then you are welcome to notify your WS friends via personal Private Message."

The RSO is a suspect as Steleheart posted a link here to the information.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11447700#post11447700

Just caught up with this thread. Wow. So much to digest!

My main questions are why the family waited so long to call police after hearing she was in fear and reaching out for help and disappeared before the friend could get to her? And especially why they didn't after seeing scratch marks on the man they suspected? For as vigilant as they seem to be right off the bat this doesn't make much sense to me. They say that they believe she would have died that night without her insulin so why wait 2 days to call police?

My other thought after reading the thread is it seems strange that the 'husband', boyfriend, lived with father of her child is strangely quiet. Who saw her leave? Him or her sister, mom or dad? Who had the 5 year old when she went missing? Boyfriend, family or school? Does the boyfriend have a car? Where was he that day? Did he go to confront JF with the mom?

As many here said the family seemed to be really on top of this and getting word out and asking for searchers etc but. Some things seem really off too and all info they gave was very pointed toward this one guy. So much so that we never really knew anything about the missing mom or her life and circumstances, clothing, relationships with anyone else including a live in boyfriend until way late into the search.

I'm also wondering about the money she went to get and how that figured in with the fee and that the father was nearby. I really wonder about the whole family dynamics with all of them.

I usually scroll through, but your first line reminded me of this. I guess because such comments would tend to shut down discussion.

From Etiquette & Information Thread

"I am leaving WS" threads:

"It is the policy of WS to disallow threads that are purely to announce that you are 'leaving the site' for any reason. Posts of this nature will result in the following action: 1) The post will be removed from general view. 2) Your membership will be suspended without notice. 3) If you wish to have your membership reinstated then you may contact an Administrator or Moderator to request this. If you find it necessary to 'leave' WS for any reason - or just take a break from the site - then you are welcome to notify your WS friends via personal Private Message."

The RSO is a suspect as Steleheart posted a link here to the information.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...A-Jaimee-Mendez-25-Swampscott-6-November-2014

If you re-read what I said, I think you will find that my comment didn't violate anything according to what you just posted. I didn't say anything about leaving the site and I certainly didn't start a thread about it. I said that in the past I had "jumped off the thread". Many people make the same types of comments all the time as we all need to take a break once in a while.

As for the link, do you have a DIRECT link where LE has confirmed that the RSO is a suspect? I have yet to see that.

If you re-read what I said, I think you will find that my comment didn't violate anything according to what you just posted. I didn't say anything about leaving the site and I certainly didn't start a thread about it. I said that in the past I had "jumped off the thread". Many people make the same types of comments all the time as we all need to take a break once in a while.

As for the link, do you have a DIRECT link where LE has confirmed that the RSO is a suspect? I have yet to see that.

I fixed the link on my post, thank you for noticing it, but here's the direct link and the quote itself from the article:

"A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect in Mendez’s disappearance."
BBM

in addition from here:

Police are not talking about possible suspects in the case, but family believes that detectives could soon have a better understanding of how and why Mendez died.

"I'm confident, in time, the answers will come and we will be able to be at peace," Murray said.

My deepest sympathy and admiration goes out to the Mendez, their family and their friends.

Another thought, and I am not trying to pick on the family and give JF a free pass it is just he has already been discussed and the inconsistencies already pointed out, is about the charger that was found. Is it hers? If so, why bring a charger but not your more needed medication in case of delays or emergencies? The mother stating that JF mentioned 3 times about the charger and lend/giving her (JM) his doesn't ring true to me. I wonder if LE have heard this directly from JF or the mother before questions were being asked by the public about the chargers significance? I'm sure there are plenty of people whose phones use the same charger but that also sounds convenient as even my friends with the same brand but different model usually have different ones. So many questions.

I am sorry but saying "A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect in Mendez’s disappearance." DOES NOT mean that LE has named him a suspect. They have NOT released any official statement on JF's involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74