Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

I also suppose there's a possibility that there was someone seated between them that the security cameras didn't pick up.

Good point. FJ did not say if it did or didn't. If it didn't, then I guess we must (for now) go by JF's statement that he was the one who drove her there, the fact that it was his van, and her call to her friend that she was with him and didn't mention anyone else. If her boyfriend saw her leave with him, I wonder if he noticed if he was alone or not. I'm sure he would have mentioned by now if he noticed more than one person in the van, right?

I'm trying to reconcile that part-that she called her friend and said she was with him, did not mention anyone else, but her friend heard him talking. If he were on his phone and she were on hers (as proposed above) would he have realized a third person could have place her in his presence, so that his statement that she left at Rite Aid would not hold up? Or could he have been outside the vehicle when he was talking, and not see her on the phone? If he was talking to someone in person, they may (or may not?) have known she was in the vehicle. I've been assuming she was in the passenger seat when she made the calls. Could this not have been the case? Sorry if this does not make sense, just thinking out loud.

I'm trying to reconcile that part-that she called her friend and said she was with him, did not mention anyone else, but her friend heard him talking. If he were on his phone and she were on hers (as proposed above) would he have realized a third person could have been placed her in his presence, so that his statement that she left at Rite Aid would not hold up? Sorry if this does not make sense, just thinking out loud.

I'm not so sure he thought that far ahead. Maybe he was talking to Jaimee. We don't know what the friend heard him say - he could have asked Jaimee a question or maybe yelled at someone in traffic. Maybe he didn't think the timeline of when she spoke with her friend would come up. In my opinion, this just shows how sloppy he was. Heck, he didn't even take the security camera's into consideration when he swore to LE that he left Jaimee at Rite Aid, so I doubt he was that forward thinking when she called her friend. But all of this is just MOO obviously...

When Jaimee made the first call and her friend (on the other end of the phone) heard JF talking in the background...

He was talking to someone outside/inside the van?
He was talking to someone on his own phone?
He was saying things to Jaimee while she was on her phone?

She (friend) heard him talking, but what was he saying?

I know this all might sound nit-picky but this is really (for me anyway) the first time I'm hearing of a 3rd person (not to mention verification of meeting someone at Rite-Aid) that was potentially the last to see Jaimee and JF together.

Okay Elizabella we really need to stop thinking and saying the same things at the same time, lol. (I swear, it's not planned!)

I updated the timeline I put together back in November to include the information FJ shared with us. It's missing information, I'm sure, so if you want anything added to it or changed please let me know. FJ, if you see something inaccurate, let me know so I can update it. If anyone believes information currently shared in this timeline should be removed (because of the pending investigation) let's discuss. The reason I put it together is to help keep information shared easily accessible, since trying to find information previously discussed in this thread can be tricky. However, I do not want to negatively affect the case in any way. Also note that, in order to view this timeline, you must have the below link. It's not searchable on google or anything; however, anyone who views this thread can obviously obtain the link. Of course, there isn't anything printed in it that someone couldn't find throughout this thread and various news publications....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dar89HoS06ErhPmkS7r9bcajZVqrGrvdhOQRNmF7yHA/edit?usp=sharing

FJ, I'd like to ditto what Elizabella said earlier about trying hard to word my replies carefully as to not bring any fresh pain. I know it's not easy for you to read the things we've said here as we speculate our way through coming to an answer & justice for Jaimee (and your whole family).

If FJ hasnt responded to the questions you are asking, perhaps it is time to move on from them.

If FJ hasnt responded to the questions you are asking, perhaps it is time to move on from them.

I don't think anyone here is pressing him to respond to anything. I thought we were just discussing possibilities, like we've always done. FJ provided answers to many questions we had, so naturally this has sparked new ideas to form as to what might have happened to Jaimee. Are we not supposed to discuss these ideas amongst the group?

When Jaimee made the first call and her friend (on the other end of the phone) heard JF talking in the background...

He was talking to someone outside/inside the van?
He was talking to someone on his own phone?
He was saying things to Jaimee while she was on her phone?

I tend to not think the person he was talking to (if it was a person) was inside the van. IMOO, inside the van in such personal quarters would have made the situation more like "with" them. How could you be inside a vehicle with someone and not be "with" them? And as far as we know she did not say she was "with" anyone other than JF.

I tend to not think the person he was talking to (if it was a person) was inside the van. IMOO, inside the van in such personal quarters would have made the situation more like "with" them. How could you be inside a vehicle with someone and not be "with" them? And as far as we know she did not say she was "with" anyone other than JF.

I can't help but agree, if someone else had been with them, she probably would have mentioned that. Or the friend would have heard more than one person talking in the background. However, it's still a possibility, so I'm willing to consider it.

In general, the questions, speculations, wonderings, etc., aren't really posted to FJ or anyone else - just - thinking outloud as we learn some new info. If FJ feels comfortable answering, if he's able, then great. If not, that's fine too.

Who do you think he was talking to when Jaimee's friend heard him talking in the background?

Who do you think he was talking to when Jaimee's friend heard him talking in the background?

I have no idea. As already postulated he could have been talking on the phone, yelling out the window. He could have been muttering to himself. It was raining that day/evening, so I'm less likely to think he was outside the vehicle with the window open (either her side or his) for his voice to be heard by someone on the phone. MOO.

I can't help but agree, if someone else had been with them, she probably would have mentioned that. Or the friend would have heard more than one person talking in the background. However, it's still a possibility, so I'm willing to consider it.

We don't know how long the conversation with the friend was (30 seconds? 2 minutes?), so it is possible there could have been more than one person, if one person had a lot to say? But I'm not putting much weight on it. MOO.

I have no idea. As already postulated he could have been talking on the phone, yelling out the window. He could have been muttering to himself. It was raining that day/evening, so I'm less likely to think he was outside the vehicle with the window open (either her side or his) for his voice to be heard by someone on the phone. MOO.

HCOM, could it have been, just trying to picture it, something like the RSO asking 'who are you talking to there?' or saying something like 'don't you hate red lights?' in the background... or 'i have to make a stop at home' or pretending to be on the phone with family while Jaimee spoke.

Did you get more snow up there, HCOM?

We don't know how long the conversation with the friend was (30 seconds? 2 minutes?), so it is possible there could have been more than one person, if one person had a lot to say? But I'm not putting much weight on it. MOO.

According to FJ earlier, she called the friend and talked for a couple of minutes. I can't find the original post to quote from though, so it may have been removed.

I must be missing something, as I don't see that post at all?? OntarioMom's link brings me to the second page of the thread, not to the post.

I was just scrolling back looking for it as well and it appears it's been deleted :(

According to FJ earlier, she called the friend and talked for a couple of minutes. I can't find the original post to quote from though, so it may have been removed.

I can't find it either but it said "At ABOUT 6:15 6:30 Jaimee calls her friend and chat for a couple of minutes. friend hears JF in the background and Jaimee confirms she is with JF. Jaimee tells friend she is on her way home and she will call later."

It looks like more than a few posts were removed? and somehow I missed others as I go back to research. Apologies if it seemed I was ignoring anyone, I really wasn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back