MA - Jeremiah Oliver, 5, found deceased, Worcester, 14 Sept 2013 *Arrest in 2023*

The father of Jeremiah Oliver, the 5-year-old Fitchburg boy who has been missing since September, was arrested this week for allegedly selling heroin in New Britain, Conn., where he lives.

Jose Oliver, 41, was arrested by drug investigators near his home on Oak Street Monday when he arrived with three bundles, or 30 bags, of heroin worth up to $300, said Captain Thomas Steck, of the New Britain Police Department.

"We had information he was selling heroin... he agreed to meet us with a certain quantity," the captain said.

He said there is no indication that Mr. Oliver, a former Worcester resident, is associated with a gang.

"He has a limited history here," Capt. Steck said.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140102/NEWS/301029807/0/business

I surely hope he is in recovery and has been for a while before the children go to him. If that is the case I wish him well in his attempt to regain custody and renew a relationship with the kids.

I just have some concern due to his own admitted previous issues with drugs. But people can and do become sober and that is my sincere hope for him. That that process has been going on and he has some length of sobriety under him. Children and being a single parent can be big stressers for people with a history of self medicating.

In light of his recent arrest for distribution of Heroin, I am revoking the above. :(

Even a female dog will fight to its death to protect its young. This so called "mother" gets nothing but disgust from me.

And, when they're not talking, it most likely means there's another angel in heaven.
Perhaps the inmates can encourage her to "share".
MOO.

If this is what Mr. Oliver does when he's on his best behavior and telling reporters he is seeking custody, what does he do when he thinks no one is paying attention to him.

I hope Jeremiah's siblings are getting the care and attention in foster care that they did not get from either parent.

There's another search this Sat at 11:00am. A private K-9 unit is coming in to assist the searchers. Things are getting ugly here between the people standing up for Jeremiah and the family of Elsa and Alberto. There's a Facebook page, "Please help us bring home Jeremiah Oliver" and the comments are getting increasingly hostile. I will try to link page later.

sigh. Why am I unconvinced this woman has competency issues?
sits on hands a bit harder.

You aren't alone with your thinking. I too think it is a fluke. Most likely suggested by her attorney. I say she is suffering a major case of cowardliness. :banghead:

Caseloads extremely high at Leominster Department of Children and Families

on January 06, 2014 at 10:08 AM, updated January 06, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Snipped:
-----
LEOMINSTER, Mass. (AP) — Worker caseloads are stunningly high at a Massachusetts Department of Children and Families office criticized for how it handled a case involving a 5-year-old Fitchburg boy who has been missing since September, according to child welfare advocates.

The Boston Herald reports that one worker at the Leominster office oversaw 57 children, nearly half of whom were in foster care. Six other workers were overseeing 40 or more children apiece. Sixty workers have filed grievances saying their caseloads exceeded the state-mandated limit of 18, according to labor union officials.
-----

Read more: http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/01/caseloads_extremely_high_at_le.html

Do I understand this correctly? She has been granted bail of $100,000 but even if she finds the bail money she can't get out of gaol until she discloses the whereabouts of Jeremiah. Then if she is convicted and maybe given a years gaol she can't get out in a year, she can only get out when she disclosed where Jeremiah is. Is this how it works?

Do I understand this correctly? She has been granted bail of $100,000 but even if she finds the bail money she can't get out of gaol until she discloses the whereabouts of Jeremiah. Then if she is convicted and maybe given a years gaol she can't get out in a year, she can only get out when she disclosed where Jeremiah is. Is this how it works?

I believe at least the first part of your comment above is true, according to this article:

"Despite receiving bail, Elsa Oliver appears unlikely to be released soon. Judge Margaret Guzman said if Oliver is able to make the $100,000 cash bail, she still must deal with mental health issues and deal with a contempt charge in a related case in juvenile court."

Source: http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2013/12/elsa_oliver_granted_bail_anger.html

I haven't seen anything that I recall about what happens if/when/after she's convicted regarding the contempt/disclosure of his location.

Hope this helps!

Fitchburg police chief: Family's searches for missing boy not disruptive

Dozens of comments have surfaced on social-media sites, including Facebook and Twitter, criticizing the searches, saying they aren't being conducted professionally and could taint any evidence that may be found.

Posts have also claimed the volunteers will not likely find anything and that the searches should be left to the proper authorities. But DeMoura defended the searches.

"Any time a group of people, especially relatives and family members search, it's good for them," he said. "We do have officers at most of the locations they're searching. Overall, people want to take part in something like this. Really, there is no way I would even consider saying we shouldn't be doing this."

Lawmaker slams state agency for disappearance of Fitchburg boy
January 23, 2014

Snipped:
-----
A leading state lawmaker today expressed outrage at the chief of the state’s child protection agency, who was testifying before a legislative panel about the agency’s failure to keep track of a 5-year-old Fitchburg boy who was reported missing in December and is feared dead.

“Your department lost track of a kid,” Representative David P. Linsky, chairman of the House Post Audit and Oversight Committee, told Olga Roche, commissioner of the state Department of Children and Families. “That’s inexcusable. That’s absolutely inexcusable.”
-----

Read more: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/23/report-two-child-protection-agencies-did-not-share-info-jeremiah-oliver-family-until-after-fitchburg-boy-disappeared/D49G0pxjhi38DU3K3AePIJ/story.html

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20131218/NEWS/312189419/1994

On Monday, Jeremiah's mother Elsa Oliver, 28, was charged with two counts of reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of being an accessory after the fact. A not guilty plea was entered on her behalf, and a judge ordered her to undergo a mental competency evaluation.

Oliver's boyfriend, Alberto Sierra, 22, pleaded not guilty after being charged with two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and two counts of assault and battery on a child. He is being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back