MA - Jeremiah Oliver, 5, found deceased, Worcester, 14 Sept 2013 *Arrest in 2023*

Since she was arrested, I guess it's okay to discuss her Facebook posts, right? She posted in 2012 that her eldest son was being sent to a facility due to problems with his behavior. Since the news stories say that he's 8 years old now, I think he would have been 6 or 7. That seems awfully young for a child to be institutionalized. I wonder if she was trying to protect him or if she sent him away because the boyfriend insisted on it.

Since she was arrested, I guess it's okay to discuss her Facebook posts, right? She posted in 2012 that her eldest son was being sent to a facility due to problems with his behavior. Since the news stories say that he's 8 years old now, I think he would have been 6 or 7. That seems awfully young for a child to be institutionalized. I wonder if she was trying to protect him or if she sent him away because the boyfriend insisted on it.

I saw that too. Any chance she has an older son, maybe from a previous relationship?

Massachusetts State Police Facebook

5-Year-Old Missing; Mother and Boyfriend in Custody

FITCHBURG — A 5-year-old Kimball Street boy is missing, and his mother and her boyfriend have been arrested as the investigation into his whereabouts continues, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.

Jeremiah Oliver of 276 Kimball St. was last seen by relatives on Sept. 14. The boy is about 40 inches tall and weighs about 40 pounds. Anyone with information about the boy is asked to call the State Police Detectives assigned to Mr. Early’s Office (508-832-9124) or Fitchburg Police (978-345-9648).

The District Attorney’s Office was notified on Friday of a potential missing child in Fitchburg. The investigation led to charges against Jeremiah’s mother and her boyfriend.

Elsa Oliver, 28, of 276 Kimball St., Jeremiah’s mother, was arrested today on two counts of reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of accessory after the fact of a felony (assault and battery with a dangerous weapon). She will be arraigned tomorrow in Fitchburg District Court.

Alberto L. Sierra, 22, of 164 Meadowbrook Lane, and Ms. Oliver’s boyfriend, was arraigned today in Fitchburg District Court on two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (knife) and two counts of assault and battery on a child causing bodily injury. He was held without bail while awaiting a dangerousness hearing Thursday in the same court.

Ms. Oliver’s other two children are now in the custody of Department of Children and Families.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...80669756.55919.218158751601449&type=1&theater

BBM

Omg, a knife?! Oh please let that not be true.

Sera Congi ‏@seracongi WBZ News

Court records show boyfriend of Fitchburg missing boy's mother used a belt with buckle, and fists to strike the children. #wbz

Court records show sister of missing Fitchburg boy told police her mother's boyfriend hit the kids several times. #wbz

The October 23rd post is chilling to me. She says that she finally got the peace that she's been needing (this is on the FB page with the dripping paint manicure photo). I'm not seeing any pics of children, either, but may not be looking in the right spot.

Those poor kids :(

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 2m
All that means is that Sierra went to Leominster High. #wbz pic.twitter.com/VxrzyXRixT

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 4m
In 2010 complaint, Sierra lists his employer as "Leominster High." #wbz

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 7m
Sierra was charged with assault in 2010. Alleged victim was former girlfriend (Not Elsa Oliver). #wbz

Victoria Warren ‏@vwarrenon7 2m
Fitchburg suspect in missing 5-year boy case accused of using his fists and a belt on the child and his 7-year old sister. #7News

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 54s
Sierra's charged with A&B, allegedly beating 5 yr old Jeremiah Oliver, who's been missing for 3 mths. #wbz #Fitchburg

Victoria Warren ‏@vwarrenon7 53s
Fitchburg suspect in missing 5-year old boy has criminal history, arrested in 2010 for assaulting an ex-girlfriend. #7News

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 44s
She also writes, "he has come at me with a glass bottle. He has hit me in front of our son." #wbz

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 45s
The woman writes that Sierra said "he's going to kill me and my family..that he's going to burn my parents home." That was 7/12.

Victoria Warren ‏@vwarrenon7 2m
That ex-girlfriend told police she was 'afraid to lose my life and my son' #FitchburgMissingBoy (1/2)

Victoria Warren ‏@vwarrenon7 3m
Fitchburg suspect in missing boy case has 3 restraining orders from a past girlfriend. (1/2)

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 3m
In prior restraining order request a woman (not Elsa Oliver) says Alberto Sierra hit her. She was scared he'd kill her & her son. #wbz

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 6m
Elsa Oliver had bruises Friday..."appeared to have been assaulted." #wbz pic.twitter.com/JyhaNGNeW0

John Atwater ‏@AtwaterWCVB 7m
Court docs: mother of missing Fitchburg boy fled courthouse during protective hearing last week #wcvb

John Atwater ‏@AtwaterWCVB 10m
Court docs: boyfriend of missing boy's mother struck kids with belt causing bleeding. #wcvb

Justin Michaels ‏@JMichaelsNews 5m
Statement by 7yo sister of missing 5yo Fitchburg boy, Jeremiah Oliver, about abuse by mother's boyfriend is, in a word, disturbing. @NECN

7 yr old Fitchburg girl says Sierra struck children "with fists, black belt with a gold buckle." Her 5 yr old brother is missing. #wbz

From Fitchburg court documents on Alberto Sierra. #wbz pic.twitter.com/bhuMIcBfd6

Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz 18m
7 yr old girl says Sierra punched and slapped her mom, and assaulted the children. #wbz pic.twitter.com/bZh8mE6aOO

jeremiah-oliver.jpg

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...se/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I hope the other children were taken out of that home on Friday, when the school notified law enforcement.

I saw that too. Any chance she has an older son, maybe from a previous relationship?

Just adding in my thoughts...there are behavioral health units for children which are ages 5-12. While it may sound unheard of, it does happen where kids are bought in on inpatient to assess the child, see what's going on, and what kind of support can be implemented. Many of times when young kids come in to a facility. It is the results of trauma and environmental issues that they have been subjected to. The goal is to get them in counseling so they can talk, or draw about what is going on in life. I only know they nursing aspect of it but social workers, case workers will be involved if the living environment is unsafe and cannot return home to see where the child can maximize their potential safely. I hope that helps.

From the link The Cheese posted above (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/1...medium=twitter )

A neighbor in the building where Oliver and the children lived said she heard loud noises last Thursday night, the night before police showed up. She’d seen the two older children, ages 7 and 8, but in her two months living there, had never seen Jeremiah. She had spotted the boyfriend, Sierra coming and going.

The article states the 8-year-old girl was called "courageous" in court.

It sounds like there was battery in the apartment Thursday night. The little girl was undoubtedly traumatized when she went to school on Friday and may have even had visible injuries. I am so happy she and her other brother are safe today. I doubt Jeremiah is alive.

ETA: Same article states mother has visible bruises.

John F. Hill ‏@johnfhill2 masslivenews
Arraignment for mother of missing Fitchburg boy, Elsa Oliver, delayed until she can be seen by doctor to asses her competency.

All tweets below are Carl Stevens ‏@carlwbz:

Arraignment delayed until Elsa Oliver is evaluated for competency. arraignment is likely at 2 o'clock. #wbz

Commonwealth objects, saying the public has a right to see the defendant, Elsa Oliver. motion denied. #wbz

Elsa Oliver's attorney tells judge she should not have to show herself in court, is concerned about her safety. #wbz

Friends are planning prayer vigil tomorrow afternoon at Jeremiahs home. a lot of sorrow here, concern for the 5 year old boy. #wbz

I'm told there will first be a competency hearing for Jeremiah's mother and then later arraignment on reckless endangerment. #wbz

It was a sad scene in front of Fitchburg District Court has relatives of Jeremiah Oliver were in tears. #wbz

Jeremiah's uncle sobs on Fitchburg courthouse front steps. #wbz pic.twitter.com/EBvX6Ghao2

Sorry, I didn't see this and attempted my first thread. I don't know how to delete it. Hope they find him safe somewhere, but with the arrests it doesn't look good.

Good effort on the first thread creation. Glad you and TheCheese called this one to our attention. As a case follower of the Erica Parsons disappearance, this sounds all too familiar.

Don't let this discourage you from starting others :)

September,october,november,december,this child was not noted as missing from school and family functions??

Any news on searches? I've only seen that the house was searched so far.

Oh no :( .....
I promised to not click on any new babies and now I have .
Why?
The charges the mom and bf are currently being held on are related to the other siblings? Or is that bf charged with injury to Jeremiah ?
Be safe little Jeremiah.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish