MA - Jeremiah Oliver, 5, found deceased, Worcester, 14 Sept 2013 *Arrest in 2023*

JEREMIAH OLIVER, Age Now: 5, Missing: 09/14/2013. Missing From FITCHBURG, MA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Massachusetts State Police (Massachusetts) 1-508-829-8326.

More...

I used to see the news first here. No longer. This was all over the 6pm news

was a “serious failure” in their handling of the case of a 5-year-old boy, firing the social worker and supervisor who, despite reports of abuse, let months pass without visiting him. The boy is now feared dead.

The photos say allot!

I am positive I saw a thread on this already. I think in the missing/located section.

OMG. I am so sorry for the children who have to live with this. I did and survived but some do not. God bless these children and accept them into heaven. JMO

That stony heart of mine is breaking for this little guy. He fell through the cracks and yeah, heads will roll but what about him?

NCMC1226540c1.jpg

Jeremiah Oliver

Endangered Missing from Fitchburg, Massachusetts since September 14, 2013

Age: 5 -- Height: 3'4" -- Weight: 45 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Jeremiah was last seen by family in Fitchburg, Massachusetts on September 14, 2013. He was not reported missing until December 2013, when Jeremiah's 8 year old sister reported his disappearance to a teacher. There is a history of abuse in the home. A social worker has been fired for failing to check on the family for several months.

Elsa Oliver, Jeremiah’s mother, was arrested on two counts of reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of accessory after the fact of a felony (assault and battery with a dangerous weapon). Alberto L. Sierra, 22, Ms. Oliver’s boyfriend, was arraigned on two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (knife) and two counts of assault and battery on a child causing bodily injury.

Jeremiah's biological father has not seen his son in 2 years because of a restraining order by the boy's mother. However, he has been active in searching for his son.

Despite searches, Jeremiah has not yet been found. He is believed to be deceased.

NCMEC

Oh dear. So many questions in this case and not one answer. Where are you little Jeremiah? What happened to you and why did so many adults fail you? How did your disappearance go undetected this long? What a heartbreaking case, and so close to christmas. I hope this family and the public get some answers quickly. It's just unimaginable that his mother isn't helping LE, Definitely places suspicion on her involvement. I could have believed that the boyfriend was responsible and as she was also a victim of his abuse didn't have the courage to speak up (still reprehensible of course, but believable) But now he's in custody, she's safe from retribution and she should be talking. The fact she isn't speaks volumes. This is like Caylee all over again..

That stony heart of mine is breaking for this little guy. He fell through the cracks and yeah, heads will roll but what about him?

I think it was about this case that I read one of the social workers assigned to Jeremiah had complained to superiors that his or her case load was too heavy. (I'm really sorry but I can't remember where I read it ATM.) Jmo I would think that a complaint would take the form of "my case load is too heavy for me to give adequate attention to my duties." If so, then it seems like the actual case worker(s) were aware of their shortcomings and tried to address them. So yes we want to hold the right people responsible but jmo what good does it really do to fire someone for not doing his or her job, when s/he had already said that given the case load, s/he in fact couldn't do the job properly? Kwim? I don't know...I don't have all the facts so maybe I am way off base here. :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back