MA MA - John, 69, & Geraldine Magee, 67, Andover, 14 Dec 2011

Replying to Belimom's post:

Quote:
The younger Magee had been living with his parents until he recently moved to Somerville.

"He is not someone who does shady stuff," he said.

He said Magee and his son John were very close.

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1...arrest-is-made

Perhaps not the son but someone "jealous" of the son and his recent
good fortune of taking over the construction company.

I'm on the fence about the son b/c it could just as well have been someone else. One question I have, though, is this: if his dad was close to retiring, I wonder if the dad was going to make any chances in the business before retiring? Such as naming someone else as a company officer, dividing up stock among his children, etc, in such a way that was leave less for the son than he would have *now* if he is currently the only other officer in the company.

Of course we don't know how it is set up. But just a thought I had.

Also,I dont know if it was mentioned where exactly the car was found in the north end, but I would not classify the north end as a "bad neighborhood". Yes there are pockets of places that have crime, and yes it has had ties to organized crime (as do other areas of Boston as well), but it is also full of restaurants, tourist/historical attractions, etc. Your average person on the street is not in any danger from organized crime figures. This could be why LE has said there is no public danger.

This one has caught my attention for some reason. The torched car found in a bad part of Boston sounds like a staged scene to me.

The North End is not a "bad" part of Boston by anyone's standards - it's one of the nicest, most expensive areas to live in in the city.

Real estate and development? And the north end? I'm going with mob related. It's a well known fact that in the northeast, organized crime has their fingers in the pie of any major development projects. Perhaps someone didn't get their payoff on a job that Magee's company was involved in?

:twocents:

Maybe this was true in the past, but the Mob are pretty much dead in New England now. The Angiullos, Patriarcas and the Irish are all dead or in jail. What remains of the Italians is involved in illegal gambling rings, not in real estate development. Also, if the Mob WAS involved, they wouldn't just leave the car in their own stomping grounds in the North End. LOL. The car would never be found in the first place - it would be at the bottom of the Merrimack River by now. The car was placed there to throw off LE.

Mobs come and go; family troubles are always with us.

What was the case in NY/NJ recently where the family dog was left alive - and the son was arrested? Anyone? I want to say the family had an east Asian name maybe.......

Um...why would a mob killer take the family car? Did he arrive on a bicycle? A bus?

Pretty weird to take a car that belongs to someone that he just killed - suppose he was pulled over by a cop or had an accident? Surely mob people think of those inconvenient incidents. He did take the bullet thingies so he does have the ability to think.

Um...why would a mob killer take the family car? Did he arrive on a bicycle? A bus?

Pretty weird to take a car that belongs to someone that he just killed - suppose he was pulled over by a cop or had an accident? Surely mob people think of those inconvenient incidents. He did take the bullet thingies so he does have the ability to think.

I actually did think of the bike scenario. Arrived quietly in the night on a bike. Killed the couple. Put the bike in the Lexus. Drove the car to a location and took the bike out. Torched the car. Pedaled away.

I think it is family related but not their children. Am I allowed to say this since no one is cleared...someone quite close to the family twitter account and other web information suddenly disappeared this morning.

If LE suspects someone and is checking their accounts, do they remove them so we are unable to see them??

While mob activity isn't what it once was, they are still around. Just this year or late last there was a big FBI action taking down quite a few mob figures from the northeast, including New England.

Why would the son kill his parents and lay them out in such a fashion? Not saying its impossible, but it doesn't strike me as something a close relation would do.

care to elaborate??[/QUOTE

While the Magees were very well off, by the accounts of their close friends, in every other way they seemed to be an all-American, conservative, charity-oriented family. From posts it seems someone else in the family has very different values and that account vanished yesterday.

That is why I asked that question. When LE computer analysts are looking at
computer information are they in the habit of closing accounts or would the person that created them have to do it?

Profiling Andover slayings of John and Geraldine Magee

Other than informing the public that they are investigating the deaths as homicides--and see it as an isolated act, according to Fox News, law enforcement has said the the public is not believed to be at risk due to the crime, which has many speculating about who killed the well-liked couple.

Neighbor Diana Mercandetti said she has known the victims for 40 years and that they are a "great couple." She said she was called by the couple's daughter upon discovery of their bodies that Wednesday morning.

John and Geraldine Magee also had a son, named John Magee III, who was said to have been at the family home the night before their bodies were found, in order to switch out dump trucks, according to My Fox Boston.

In addition, the couple's son had been living with his parents in their almost 10,000 square foot home--and scheduled to take over the family construction business from his father, but had recently moved closer to the Boston area, according to family friends.

more at link ..........................http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...-andover-slayings-of-john-and-geraldine-magee

I see there are no new articles out about this crime, but I don't see this article linked here.

Connect the dots,
fran

Family of slain Andover couple says they will be missed dearly

"Jeri and Jack were wonderful individuals and a gift to all who knew them. We will miss them dearly,” the statement said.

But police believe that more than one person may have carried out the murders, a law enforcement source said today.

The slayings were not part of a robbery, the source added.

Police have remained tight-lipped about the homicides

full article at link ............................... http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...ssed-dearly/M2THFQhz1b9dRE7NbNlv9I/index.html

care to elaborate??[/QUOTE

While the Magees were very well off, by the accounts of their close friends, in every other way they seemed to be an all-American, conservative, charity-oriented family. From posts it seems someone else in the family has very different values and that account vanished yesterday.

That is why I asked that question. When LE computer analysts are looking at
computer information are they in the habit of closing accounts or would the person that created them have to do it?

Just wondering why you included "conservative" in your description. If they'd been progressive Dems, would that change the direction of the investigation?

Just wondering why you included "conservative" in your description. If they'd been progressive Dems, would that change the direction of the investigation?

Just an observation. The word "conservative" does not necessarily denote political belief. It is often used to describe lifestyle or attitude. It's unfortunate that our political climate has narrowed the meanings of "conservative" and "liberal."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back