MA - justice for puppy doe/kiya, Boston

Sick Freaks. The other problem, aside from sicko's who could actually do this to a living being, is that even if they are caught they will likely get a slap on the wrist as most other animal abusers do. Until we start treating it like a real crime, it's not going to change anything.

People also need to understand that animals are not old T-shirts to be thrown away when we tire of them. Every single one of my 5 cats and 3 dogs were tossed away like trash by someone they once loved and trusted. In some cases it happened to them multiple tiimes before they came to me. It breaks my heart to think of how they must have felt. Luckily they are the most forgiving beings on earth and always willing to trust again, even if it takes a little time and coaxing.

I don't remember the exact quote by Ghandi, but it was to the effect that you can judge a society by the way it treats it's animals. Using that measurement we are sure not looking good here in the U.S.

I'm so glad this is on here. I learned of this terrible story today and can't get it out of my mind. I came her to post it hoping some sleuths might help bring this person to justice.

There's currently a $15,000 reward. Hopefully, people will get the word out. Somebody must know something about who had this dog.

There's an interesting post by the original owner's ex's mother on the facebook page. She says that he wanted to keep the dog and the woman didn't want him to have her so gave her away to the first person who answered the Craigslist posting.

Poor little guy.

I think it's absolutely disgusting the way some people treat animals. If you're going to have a pet they are part of the family, it's as simple as that. If you are not willing to treat them as such, then don't get one.

There needs to be much harsher penalties for these disgusting acts of animal cruelty.

Ebay also sells animals on line and they are very sneaky about it. Check out

http://www.ebayclassified.com

an "All Categories" menu appears at the top so click that and you'll see the "Pets" category.

Ebay has advertised they don't allow selling animals, blah, blah, blah. I wrote them and they gave the standard "we are trying to help solve the problem by finding them homes." I talked with them on the telephone as well. Nothing did any good so I told them I would no longer use ebay and that when the opportunity arose I would let people know that they do sell live animals, just on a well-hidden board.

<mod snip>

Ebay also sells animals on line and they are very sneaky about it. Check out

http://www.ebayclassified.com

an "All Categories" menu appears at the top so click that and you'll see the "Pets" category.

Ebay has advertised they don't allow selling animals, blah, blah, blah. I wrote them and they gave the standard "we are trying to help solve the problem by finding them homes." I talked with them on the telephone as well. Nothing did any good so I told them I would no longer use ebay and that when the opportunity arose I would let people know that they do sell live animals, just on a well-hidden board.

<mod snip>

Craigslist also says they only "Adopt" not sell. While I have seen a couple of legitimate rescue groups list their adoptable pets on craigslist, mostly it is backyard breeders or irresponsible people with an irresponsible litter they are trying to sell, but they call it "adoption".

It is tough though. Some people disposing of their inconvenient pets do advertise on craigslist. While I hate that they are disposing of their pets, the fact is that type of person will do it, whether it's on craigslist, the street or at an overcrowded shelter. The problem is simply too many unwanted pets and not enough homes.

Its too bad that there isn't an animal abuse registry, although some states are looking into it. I wonder is there anyway, tho to access arrest records in Quincy and see if anyone has been arrested with animal abuse?

Poor Kiya is the first thing I think of in the morning, then I check the news and FB for any updates. And she is the last thing I think of before I go to bed.

Craigslist also says they only "Adopt" not sell. While I have seen a couple of legitimate rescue groups list their adoptable pets on craigslist, mostly it is backyard breeders or irresponsible people with an irresponsible litter they are trying to sell, but they call it "adoption".

It is tough though. Some people disposing of their inconvenient pets do advertise on craigslist. While I hate that they are disposing of their pets, the fact is that type of person will do it, whether it's on craigslist, the street or at an overcrowded shelter. The problem is simply too many unwanted pets and not enough homes.
You are correct. That's why I truly believe that spay/neutering should be mandated so we are not murdering animals simply for being orphans. We have to nip the problem in the bud, and if people are irresponsible then the government NEEDS to step in. It's the only thing to do morally. Animal rescuers are overflowing and hoarding situations become prevalent when some rescuers become saturated. This situation is a sad reflection of society. Please urge lawmakers to ban/control breeding until there are only enough to go to loving homes. A family pet should be a privilege, not a right. sigh... Like many of you, I am truly haunted by this poor creature and would do anything to turn back time. I also check the news first thing in the morning and last thing at night for news. I can't wait for the perpetrator(s) to be apprehended. Please give it everything you've got QPD and BPD! Many more lives, human and animal, are at stake.

I dont have TV but apparently Dr. Smith-Blackmon, the vet, was on JVM last nite! We've gone national!

Also, at least from one of the FB pages, it seems they may have a suspect or two. Unfortunately FB users dont have the correct "sleuthing mentality" that we have learned. So the suspects names and FB pages were made public last nite. Thankfully LE asked for the admins to remove the info from the pages, which was done. But the cat's out of the bag now.

1280840_735729973111044_1198463451_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back