MA - Lindsay Clancy, Strangled 3 Children in Murder/Suicide Attempt, Duxbury, Jan 2023

I’ve wondered about this too. There are levels of disconnect from reality; I’ve wondered how disconnected she was exactly. It is strange to me that she would not have inflicted more significant damage to herself, I would think she would have had no hesitation in inflicting a great amount of violence on herself, similar to whatever violence she inflicted on her children.

I’ve reconciled it so far by saying well, I don’t know what happened to her kids. There are elements of the story that make me think their deaths were inefficiently done, too. That makes me think she was distressed, maybe reluctant, confused and messy about the whole thing, and that would make sense to me.

Whatever is going on I agree that I would expect basically consistent behaviors. I think for most parents, if anything we would automatically find it much easier to inflict harm on ourselves than our children.

No matter what I think she’s sick. I don’t think she was doing this because she was planning to run away to the tropics or get back at her husband for something, or whatever. But I guess it’s important to me to know the whole story to determine the causes of what happened. What should have been done to prevent it.
I think part of the issue is that it's a lot physically easier to kill a small child than an adult woman. If there were no weapons in the house, which I'll assume given everything we know so far, it can take a real effort to end your own life.

I will be interested to know what her blood tox was when they found her. She may have thought she overdosed herself but she was brought to the hospital in time.

Jumping out a second story window is enough to break your neck and kill you. I would be more open to these arguments if she was found just sitting at her kitchen table eating a sandwich. But jumping out the window keeping you hospitalized for weeks means there were pretty serious injuries.

The more I read from her family and friends the more I do think it's someone who just freakin' lost it for lack of a better term. People dream of the life she had - adorable kids, good job, good husband, nice house. I absolutely believe there are cruel and evil people in the world but personally I think Lindsay is one of the sick ones.

I think part of the issue is that it's a lot physically easier to kill a small child than an adult woman. If there were no weapons in the house, which I'll assume given everything we know so far, it can take a real effort to end your own life.

I will be interested to know what her blood tox was when they found her. She may have thought she overdosed herself but she was brought to the hospital in time.

Jumping out a second story window is enough to break your neck and kill you. I would be more open to these arguments if she was found just sitting at her kitchen table eating a sandwich. But jumping out the window keeping you hospitalized for weeks means there were pretty serious injuries.

The more I read from her family and friends the more I do think it's someone who just freakin' lost it for lack of a better term. People dream of the life she had - adorable kids, good job, good husband, nice house. I absolutely believe there are cruel and evil people in the world but personally I think Lindsay is one of the sick ones.
Good points. It’s also just true that when someone is psychotic they very easily might not know where they are. I’ve wondered if she thought she was in a different setting; throwing out examples, she could have thought she was in a castle with a dungeon in the basement, a hospital such as the one she worked in, a friend’s five story mansion, anything- and that the jump out the window was on the top floor.

What I personally (and again IANAE/IANAD) would not expect to see are hesitation marks (the shallow cuts beside the deep one when a relatively rational person tries to commit suicide) on her but not on the kids. But even if we do I’m betting there will be an explanation the medical community will provide.

Does anyone know why LC’s husband didn’t go inside immediately? That may speak to the severity of her injuries; I am thinking he may have had to stay by her side (and didn’t know what was inside the house) to the extent he couldn’t go check on the children. My spouse would have to be dying for me to not go check on them.

Does anyone know why LC’s husband didn’t go inside immediately? That may speak to the severity of her injuries; I am thinking he may have had to stay by her side (and didn’t know what was inside the house) to the extent he couldn’t go check on the children. My spouse would have to be dying for me to not go check on them.
I’m guessing he probably never dreamed she’d do what she did to their children…

Could be he was in shock at what he was witnessing/experiencing.

Of course this isn’t an exhaustive list.

I’m guessing he probably never dreamed she’d do what she did to their children…

Could be he was in shock at what he was witnessing/experiencing.

Of course this isn’t an exhaustive list.
To clarify, I’m not questioning the spouse’s motives. Whatever they were I don’t doubt they are justifiable. I’m saying, as it relates to how badly she hurt herself, she must have had more than scratches or he probably would’ve gone to check on the kids. Her injuries might have been so serious he thought she was dying. Jmo.

To clarify, I’m not questioning the spouse’s motives. Whatever they were I don’t doubt they are justifiable. I’m saying, as it relates to how badly she hurt herself, she must have had more than scratches or he probably would’ve gone to check on the kids. Her injuries might have been so serious he thought she was dying. Jmo.
Hard to ask or know, but did her husband find the children first or he called for help and LE /EMT's found. I can barely 'go there' and he has had to. I can't even try to think how he can mentally and emotionally come to terms with his loss in such a way and of the life he knew. I mean to sustain his own health going forward. A very special man. Hoping for some peace some how for all of the family. I just don't think I could for myself.

Is that her husband behind the screen on the live stream?

The arraignment will be live-streamed here:

I am so agonized hearing about her husband when he found his children. It's not as we or I thought it seems. This is prosecution reading the facts to the court and judge. I believe he is sitting by the screen where she is present for zoom at the hospital. In great anguish. People do need to hear this to understand what had transpired and her behavior leading up to and on that entire day. I think it's very different still as I'm listening, what we'd think or assume from what we've thought we knew up to this arraignment.

Is that her husband behind the screen on the live stream?

He is in great anguish and it seems to be. Unbearable hearing all of this now. Seeing him.
Wow. A lot of new information.
Horrific hearing what the prosecutor has just put to the court. It somehow makes the defense atty sound weak compared to prosecutors facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back